John Carver Football Genius

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's crap isn't it :lol: I'm sure he'd "like to think" he'd be Sir Bobby's choice too. And Pele. And the Pope.

:lol: I'd "like to think" I'm Kate Uptons choice, let's hope Carvers hopes are just as unlikely.

We've got a squad that can get us through the season, hooray! With any luck they'll get us through until January and, I'm probably asking too much here, get through that season too.

Dare to dream.

I think this is basically what you get when people who are very inarticulate and not particularly bright have to speak to the press regularly. Obviously amplified by his desire to kiss the owner's arse.

Imo they look marginally better under Carver than under Pardew. And given that Ashley was happy with Pardew, I reckon Carver is gonna end up with the job full time.

As soon as they gave him the job to the summer. There was no one else gonna be considered to get the job after him imo.

Edited by StoneColdStephenIreland

I'd rather Carver than some substandard French manager or Dennis Wise or some other useless cunt like Sherwood. I'm not as harsh as you lot, I think with the little time he's had he's already moving the squad in the right direction. Some good interplay and positive play, perhaps they aren't up to it technically, or more likely its going to take time to get their attacking mindset back after years of Pardew. Even Gouffran's scored , albeit a deflected mess, but at least he was in the box and not at left back.

5 points from 12 equates to 48 points over a season. That's right in Ashley's sweet spot, as is the sharp cup exit. He couldn't put together a better application.

I don't buy it, I remain confident we'll get one of the foreign coaches we were courting.