NUFC V Stoke City

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it's a nonsense thing to focus upon. You say you want a defender to be good at defending first and foremost, that's fair, that's reasonable, but why would you criticise Janmaat, before Coloccini, Haidara, or Williamson? Janmaat has more tackles per game than any of them, he has the 2nd highest number of interceptions!

You don't look for a defender to be good at defending, you look for a defender to be a lumbering oaf who'll head butt a goal post. Well, I look for a defender who's competent and offers more to the team than simple* bravery.

*both meanings

So it's ok for me to criticise Janmaat but only after i've criticised Coloccini,Haidara or Williamson ? I hadn't realised that. Is there such a list when praising players ?

You have me a tad confused.You initially agree with me that it is fair and reasonable to prefer a defender who can defend first and formost then contradict yourself by saying i don't.

So it's ok for me to criticise Janmaat but only after i've criticised Coloccini,Haidara or Williamson ? I hadn't realised that. Is there such a list when praising players ?

You have me a tad confused.You initially agree with me that it is fair and reasonable to prefer a defender who can defend first and formost then contradict yourself by saying i don't.

The obvious point he's making is that it would make sense to criticise the defenders who aren't performing before crititcising the one defender who looks decent. Focusing on the latter suggests an agenda.

You also have no concept of cowardice and bravery.

Is turning your back and/or not challenging for header bravery or cowardice ?

I am concentrating on an incident that happened against Stoke.A poster questioned Wilkinson's action for the goal,clearly attempting to put the blame on him.I don't belive you have defended Williamson,who was marking Walters,so can we surmise that you either haven't noticed Williamson marking Walters,or you have an agenda against him.Do you think Janmaat's decision not to try and win the header was the right one.

Carver proved today he has a total lack of football nous by taking off Cabella, our best player up till then and putting Obertan on the right against Bardsley who is a quick FB. Sammy should have gone off instead. Cisse proved once again if he isn't scoring goals he is just a waste of space. Why was Janmaat left to deal with Crouch for his goal. Where were Colo & Willo?

Aye.You are right again.

Is turning your back and/or not challenging for header bravery or cowardice ?

I am concentrating on an incident that happened against Stoke.A poster questioned Wilkinson's action for the goal,clearly attempting to put the blame on him.I don't belive you have defended Williamson,who was marking Walters,so can we surmise that you either haven't noticed Williamson marking Walters,or you have an agenda against him.Do you think Janmaat's decision not to try and win the header was the right one.

It's neither.