Remy Cabella

BLACKANDWHITEGEORDIE

Is Remy getting the Ben Arfa treatment from Carver? Carver is quoted as saying 'He is a weird dresser. He is loud, sometimes too loud, irritatingly loud. He accused him of being disrespectful yesterday when he kicked a water bottle after being subbed. So like Pardew, does Carver favour the hard working type of achieve nothing type player compared to the flair player. No doubt Remy should have been pissed off as he was our best player by a mile going forward.

Edited by BLACKANDWHITEGEORDIE

He is a shocking dresser mind. Bottle-gate is a non-starter tbh, I'd do worse than kick a bottle if I had his talent and had to be coached by fucking knuckle draggers like Carver and Stone. As long as Carver is playing him I don't think there's much to worry about, it's if he stops playing him like Pardew did so Obertan/Gouffran can play that will be worrying.

Thought he was the only player who looked capable of creating anything yesterday and couldn't believe it when he was taken off.

I doubt we'll ever see the best of him with Carver as manager mind. I don't think Carver has the brains to utilise fully a player like him who doesn't fit into the traditional positions. He grafts a lot more than Ben Arfa ever did though. He's soft as shit and falls down too easy still but he does actually try to make tackles so I can't really see them having the same complaints with him as they did with Hatem.

Carver said Remy was disrespectful to Obertan by showing his dissent. He then told Remy that in the future it might be the other way around. In other words Remy could come on as a sub for Obertan. Which planet is Carver on? He also said he wanted Remy fresh for Wednesday. Carver obviously after all his years at SJP does not know his players that well. Most supporters know that Sammy has asthmatic problems and has difficulties in lasting 90 minutes.

It might not be exactly like the Ben Arfa situation now but its very likely to go down that road pretty soon. Difficult to be confident of any other outcome with our recent record of getting the best out of such players.

He has improved a lot recently though. Starting to use his pace a little bit and taking on players now, also capable of finding a pass it seems.

If the 3 serious responses aren't seen as positives, I think we're taking the piss with our expectations.

I thought it would be obvious that it was Williamson that I was referring to as a piss take.

I think Sissoko's have fallen off a bit again recently but I certainly rate him and the other two.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...