Remy Cabella

BLACKANDWHITEGEORDIE

There was a load of bullshit about him being Ashley's first signing for more than £10 since we'd been relegated but I don't think it was ever near that much.

Aye that's what I remember too.

I suppose add ons could've counted? Of which we'll have paid none since he had one season with us under worst manager as a person and our worst manager as a manager

There was a load of bullshit about him being Ashley's first signing for more than £10 since we'd been relegated but I don't think it was ever near that much.

Aye that's what I remember too.

I suppose add ons could've counted? Of which we'll have paid none since he had one season with us under worst manager as a person and our worst manager as a manager

Yeah wiz, given that logic, the 13 mil for Thauvin isn't actually that bad, if you look at him buying a package of players and only 1 not taking straight to the team. I still think judgement of Thauvin is far too early. It doesn't help matters that the manager has his hands tied by such poor form to be able to risk playing him to build him up.

based on what I've seen though, my opinion is Cabella was a better player and I don't understand the swap for another similar player , given that he's getting exactly the same treatment.

Yeah wiz, given that logic, the 13 mil for Thauvin isn't actually that bad, if you look at him buying a package of players and only 1 not taking straight to the team. I still think judgement of Thauvin is far too early. It doesn't help matters that the manager has his hands tied by such poor form to be able to risk playing him to build him up.

based on what I've seen though, my opinion is Cabella was a better player and I don't understand the swap for another similar player , given that he's getting exactly the same treatment.

We've paid exponentially more for 3 exponentially poorer players

Ben Arfa >> Cabella > Thauvin

£6m < £8m << £12m

We've paid exponentially more for 3 exponentially poorer players

Ben Arfa >> Cabella > Thauvin

£6m < £8m << £12m

and we've recouped, what, £0m for HBA + c£5m for Cabella?

Fanks Mike.

Ben Arfa is not an exponentially poorer player than any of our signings. Ben Arfa is a legend - End Of.

Oh hold on, I'm misunderstanding. You're saying they're all poorer than Arfa, if so , sorry. If not - you can shove yer stat spreadsheets right up yer ring.

Edited by scoobos

Aye. Very inconsistent but probably the player with the most natural talent I've seen put the black & white shirt on. The season when we finished 5th with the front 3 we had at the time...

EDIT: I like how that season with Pardew as manager and Williamson as a 1st team regular was probably the best season I've seen in my life of being a Toon supporter while everyone on here experienced the Keegan & Sir Bobby years :lol: Sorry Anothernsoul if this realisation of mine has made you feel old again

Edited by Haydnator

It's swings and roundabouts mate, you'll get a good spell - as soon as my contract killer feeds Mike his own fat arse.

When I was younger than you are now, I was living in Harrogate near Leeds and a toon fan travelling up every weekend.

Back then we were facing complete obliteration as a club , and Leeds were winning the premiership (division 1 back then) and getting into the champions league. I got a LOT of stick , but look now how things can change so much.

Man city did something even worse and look at them now.

It'll come , now stop feeling sorry for yourself , wash yer nads and get out and get some lasses like I was at your age.

;) heh.

Edited by scoobos