Newcastle United vs. Crystal Palace

Ayatollah Hermione

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's Carver by the way - what really fucks me off about him is how he keep referencing other managers like some kind of schoolkid as if their comments give him the legitimacy and attention he craves.

"I was fucking brave to play two strikers away from home, Alan told me so - picking up 6 points out of a possible 18 is really impressive as well"

God I hate this club sometimes.

Fucking hell, he's not far away from Pardew thanking himself that time. Well, he did learn from the king I suppose

Fucking hell, he's not far away from Pardew thanking himself that time. Well, he did learn from the king I suppose

Yeah, that's fucking shocking.

And 6 in 6 is pretty decent? That'll avoid relegation most years I suppose. FFS.

That was absolutely abysmal, and I echo everything which everyone has said about it. Carver is fucking shite and a coward. We got bossed by Crystal Palace tonight and were lucky to leave with a draw I thought. It was the perfect continuation from the Stoke game. Let them control the play, dictate and dominate us. We are set up to play counter attacking football, but the transitions aren't quick enough. But more worryingly than that is that none of the players appear to know where to position themselves on the break. It's just gung ho. There is absolutely no tact in it. That said, you could perhaps survive on this in the PL if your players didn't give the ball away EVERY 10 seconds. Our possession and passing has been absolutely shocking recently. The only thing we create is our own problems.

We will stay up, just. But I would be shocked if we won more than one game in the run in.

Also, Wilkinson was horrific today. A sports direct bargain bin version of a Premier League defender.

:lol: What mode has he been in all day up to stepping off the bus? Charver mode? He really is completely unqualified to be in the job.

Harsh. He put the cones out for Sir Bobby AND King Alan...

:lol: What mode has he been in all day up to stepping off the bus? Charver mode? He really is completely unqualified to be in the job.

:lol:

2536071100000578-0-image-a-5_14227076368

"Colo! Colo! Put the cards away, son. Gouffs! Turn the Frankie Vaughan off the DVD player, man! Ginger Jack! Stop putting that blob over your head and trying to blow it up! Time to go into deep professional mode now, lads..........Arr fuck! Who's sprayed shaving foam aaa'l ower me arse you pack of cunts?"

:lol: :lol:

This club is fucking tragic man, I'm becoming increasingly worried that this knacker has a real shot at the job. I'm hoping Ashley will see that a bloke scraping survival with a point per game average isn't sustainable, but Ashley loves to roll the dice if it'll save him money.

Carver is pathetically poor, his subs are genuinely more baffling than Pardews were, he consistently subs the most dangerous looking players of the game while keeping on the ones that are being either detrimental or simply doing fuck all and his touchline instructions are on about the same level as a player manager for a pub team. The team also really responded to his woeful decisions by actually playing worse than they were, which was a difficult thing to do given how fucking crap they'd been apart from that one piece of class from Janmaat and Cisse.

Does anyone know what the point of Gouffran is. Headless and chicken is an insult to headless chickens. He was guilty of missing an easy tackle which led to their goal.

I'd almost forgotten he was on the pitch by the 2nd half, I'd not have noticed him if it wasn't for him constantly howking it down the pitch when under no pressure at all constantly giving possession away. He's even looking piss poor defensively these days so he serves no purpose whatsoever.

Genuinely over the moon I missed this now, sounds like it was even worse than I expected. Reading the quotes this morning and Carver is definitely on the wind up, every interview sounds like he's being sarcastic as fuck 😂.

Also just read an excerpt of Pardew's programme notes, he's in the fucking wind up aswell 😂.

"I had a fabulous time as Newcastle United manager," Pardew wrote in his programme notes.

"We took the team to a fifth place finish in the Premier League in the 2010/11 season and it is an achievement that can never be taken away from any of us who were involved in it.

"If you look at my net spend we had in my time at Newcastle on transfers, you can only conclude it was a successful period because the club I left are established in the Premier League with a platform to go to the next level. It is a legacy that I am proud to have on my record.

"Much was muttered and written during my time in the north east, and as this is the first chance I have had to talk directly to the Newcastle supporters and the players who worked so hard for me since my departure, it is a great opportunity to reflect on a period that was much-discussed and often unfairly judged in my opinion.

"For a variety of reasons, the Newcastle supporters ran out of patience with me as manager of their club, but I can assure each and every one of them that I bear no grudge.

"You love your club more than any owner or manager and the pressure that goes with a massive job like that is well known before you take on the challenge. Let's all move on and cherish the good days we had together."

He forgives us, what a guy.

And Carver just seems like a man who still can't believe his luck that they gave him the role. Anyone with serious aspirations of getting the job full time would be looking to get a winner last night, not over the moon about holding on for a point against a club like Crystal Palace.