Safe from Relegation

Rob W

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 should do it but I have soem seriosu worreis - often the bottom lot go on a short run of succes and soemone just above gets caught.................

Relegation sounds good this morning....it will cause change at the club, not sure if it will be mostly good or bad, but the thought of endless monotonous seasons of this fuckin garbage is too much to bare.

Say we don't pick up another point and west ham send us into divi 2, what's Ashleys next move?...

He'll probably try to sell I suppose but honestly, we're not going to get relegated so we may as well resign ourselves to another season of PL garbage.

Edited by Rayvin

He's going to get a freak win from somewhere man. We'll have collapsed lung back at some point anyway, and who knows, he might turn out to be some kind of spark for the team.

Don't think cloggie sicknite is back till pre season. I dont for a minute think we're in proper danger of the drop like but yesterday is the shape of things to come. As it was post January last season. It's tragic. A fish rots from the head down.

Don't think cloggie sicknite is back till pre season. I dont for a minute think we're in proper danger of the drop like but yesterday is the shape of things to come. As it was post January last season. It's tragic. A fish rots from the head down.

I don't think they do mind.

We're 7 points clear of

Hull

Aston Villa

Sunderland

Burnley

QPR

Leicester

And they're averaging less than a point a game which means, with 9 games left they'll amass, on average, another 8-9 points. So (mathematically) even if we only pick up 3 between now and the end of the season, we're safe.

We're staying up because of that 6 game run.

Were you pissed when you typed this Fish? We're 10 points clear of Burnley who are 3rd bottom with Leicester a further 6 behind them. By your maths even if we don't pick up another point we'll still be safe by a point or two.

If anyone goes to a game between now and the end of the season, they want their head read imo. They'd be better off going to a Newcastle pub with their mates and having the match on in the background, so they can ignore it for the most part.

I still enjoy going to the game. Vicariously through my nephew for the most part as he gets really excited about it, but even sat with the old lads for the Man U game closer to the Strawberry corner, I still enjoyed the moderate chanting and the "craic", not just of my mates but of the regulars that sit round there. Saying it would be the same in the pub is bollocks.

Not sure why I need my head read for doing something I enjoy.

Anyone berating someone for going to the match when there's no coordinated boycott in place wants their head read and anyone claiming that a fan who has stopped going is a poorer fan for it wants their head read too.

Sick of seeing nufc fans telling other nufc fans what they're doing wrong. People at the game and people not at the game could all get behind efforts to remove Ashley. Very few of them do. Those that do are more often than not the target of worse abuse than anyone who goes or not.

I still enjoy going to the game. Vicariously through my nephew for the most part as he gets really excited about it, but even sat with the old lads for the Man U game closer to the Strawberry corner, I still enjoyed the moderate chanting and the "craic", not just of my mates but of the regulars that sit round there. Saying it would be the same in the pub is bollocks.

Anyone berating someone for going to the match when there's no coordinated boycott in place wants their head read and anyone claiming that a fan who has stopped going is a poorer fan for it wants their head read too.

Sick of seeing nufc fans telling other nufc fans what they're doing wrong. People at the game and people not at the game could all get behind efforts to remove Ashley. Very few of them do. Those that do are more often than not the target of worse abuse than anyone who goes or not.

I agree with that like. If there actually was an organised bouycott that a good portion of the fans went along with I'd be behind it. But there isn't so why should I feel bad for getting the enjoyment that I do still get from going (obviously that enjoyment isn't as much as it was).

You're talking about going to the match as a whole, I'm specifically talking about the tail end of this season.

I also didn't say you're a poorer fan, I'd never say one fan is any better or worse than any other. Everyone has different reasons and restrictions that impact their support.

Agree that organised boycotts & actions tend to be attacked, limiting their value and limiting people sticking the head above the parapet to suggest them.

The True Faith podcast asked if the loyalty of the North East clubs is actually holding them back, what are you lads' thoughts on that?

Not at all. Ashley is the only one holding us back. None of his personal wealth used to push us on. No income from advertising, seemingly no income from the kit manufacturer or from our retail wing. Big reduction in matchday income due to a clearly stated lack of any ambition in any competition.

These are the restrictions he places on the club, outside of that (and a £29m loan we've known about for 4 years which should now be fully paid off) the club reinvests what it earns on transfers, wages and facilities. Filling the stadium every week contributes to that.

In a way, it's no different to the way Shepherd ran the club in that neither of them sacrifice any of their money. Ashley waits until the club has money and then lets the club spend it, nothing wasted on finance. Shepherd secured loans on the future crowds showing up to spend while the club was in debt but cost us up to £8m a year on finance.

Long term, Ashley's is the sustainable approach. It's just a load of shit waiting for it to pay dividends, but that's why I'm more excited for next season than many before.