Newcastle Utd V Manchester Utd

Anorthernsoul

TEAM NEWS

Newcastle's Massadio Haidara is almost certain to miss out with a knee injury, with Ryan Taylor set to deputise.

Remy Cabella remains injured, while Jack Colback completes a two-game ban.

Manchester United defenders Phil Jones and Luke Shaw return after missing the win against Sunderland through illness and injury respectively.

Manager Louis van Gaal says Michael Carrick lacks sufficient match fitness to start following his recovery from a calf injury suffered in January.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Manchester United have won their last two games away to Newcastle, scoring a combined seven goals without reply.
  • They have suffered just one defeat in their last 11 trips to St James' Park (W8, D2).

Newcastle United

• Victory would give the Magpies back-to-back wins for the first time since November.
  • Papiss Cisse has averaged a Premier League goal every 84 minutes this season - the best record in the top flight among players with at least four goals.
  • Newcastle have scored a league-high 69% of their goals in the second half this season.

Manchester United

• United have won just three away league games this term - the joint-lowest tally in the top half of the table.
  • They have lost only two of their last 17 Premier League matches (W11, D4).
  • Wayne Rooney has scored 12 Premier League goals against Newcastle - his joint-highest career total against a particular opponent, along with Aston Villa.
  • Juan Mata has netted three league goals in his last three appearances at St James' Park.
Edited by Anorthernsoul

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking that there would have been a time when I would have finished work early today and took a half day for tomorrow morning for this game. But now I'm no more interested than I am for any other game. Which is pretty much no interest in anything than a few pints before the match and strolling in five minutes after kick off.

I reckon we'll get twatted and Rooney's bound to score.

When interest turns to worry it bothers me. For today I'm not really interested in what the starting line-up will be, I'm more worried about who Carver will start in the face of all the injuries. Surely not Riviere again.

If my fading memory is serving me, I seem to remember that Jonas had his best game ever for us in his first game against ManUre. I wonder if he'll get some game time today.

When interest turns to worry it bothers me. For today I'm not really interested in what the starting line-up will be, I'm more worried about who Carver will start in the face of all the injuries. Surely not Riviere again.

If my fading memory is serving me, I seem to remember that Jonas had his best game ever for us in his first game against ManUre. I wonder if he'll get some game time today.

Thought Riviere was decent to be honest.