Newcastle Utd V Manchester Utd

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"if in doubt put it out" if carver doesn't even coach that he's at an even lower standard than i thought

This is a fair point actually, we tried to keep it in a few times today and almost always invited disaster. Ameobi was at it over on the left at least twice and every time he just kick started another Man Utd attack just outside the box.

Man Utd are inexcusably poor, for the money they've spent and the squad they've got. They keep getting results to be fair to them but they're a world away from what the team used to be.

Neither side deserved to win it. Disgraceful to gift them a goal like that.

Wtf was Abeid doing? you cannot blame Krul for that, Abeid should've lashed it forward not back to Krul.

He was in the process of being bundled over by Rooney, I don't think he could have lashed it forward. Back to Krul looked like all he could do really.

He was in the process of being bundled over by Rooney, I don't think he could have lashed it forward. Back to Krul looked like all he could do really.

If you look at the replay he clearly had the chance on the first touch.

Edited by @yourservice

Game was there to be won if only Riviere and Cisse hadn't missed two glorious chances, especially Cisse's.

I expected to lose and then thought we were actually going to get a point if Gouffran and Abeid hadn't fucked-up at the end. Gouffran could have pushed it out for a corner and Abeid should have cleared it. Can't really fault Krul, he was trying to clear it but sadly went straight to Young.

Too many mistakes, too much giving the ball away, and too many players not putting in a decent shift.

Sissoko had another poor performance overall considering what he is capable of.

Abeid did not do too well either, kept getting into difficult situations.

Obertan .......... well it was Obertan wasn't it. There were times I didn't know he was there.

Carver should have taken Obertan off instead of Ameobi, Sammy was contributing more to the game than Obertan.

Sad ending to what looked like a valuable point was in the bag.

Harsh to put it on Krul tbh especially after that save he made earlier, not a lot of time to adjust his feet to clear it either.

Abeid arguing if he could've lashed it or not, he could've tapped it behind for a corner, poking it to krul was risky as well like. Abeid tried to do a tiote but in the box and fucked it up

Neither of them are free from blame but Krul could have surely kicked it further than he did, he looked like he was trying to find a Newcastle shirt rather than just knocking it as far away as possible.

Neither of them are free from blame but Krul could have surely kicked it further than he did, he looked like he was trying to find a Newcastle shirt rather than just knocking it as far away as possible.

Definitely a "united" effort in the fuck-up department imo.

Generally shit but we could have won it with a bit of luck.

I still reckon we'd be better off playing with 10 men rather than than play Obertan though Sammy wasn't any better.

Feel sorry for Abeid especially over the goal - not quite up to his form when he had the spell in October.