Clarkson suspended by Auntie.

PaddockLad

This auditioning thing is quite a clever idea...It builds interest and will get a buzz going regarding the re-launch. Whatever we think about him he's quite a sneaky geezer. I suspect there will be a turnover of hosts and guests to take the pressure off him and specific episodes will be themed in some way...Things like the Bond edition and so on...

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually concerned that he doesn't change anything major at all, he genuinely seemed to think it was the greatest show on the planet. I'd class myself as a fan of what JC turned it into, but I have to admit I was getting pretty bored with it these last few seasons, they'd definitely run out of new ideas - they were simply tweaking minor details of past features - the races, the specials, the challenges. Ironically it was only the changes in car technology that were bringing something new each year, such as the various hybrids.

The scripted format is shit, the show has slowly got worse over the years, the only thing that kept it together was the fact everything else on the BBC is absolutely woeful and the show brought a bit of welcome relief from all the other atrocities the BBC screens. Also like him or loathe him Clarkson brought a bit of charisma, without that the show will be fucking pointless as whoever joins the show will be a pale imitation.

• 7 months later...

[queote name=The Fish" post="1387761" timestamp="1454588932]Matt LeBlanc to join Chris Evans hosting Top Gear?

Yep, that Matt LeBlanc

He was on as the star in a reasonably priced car a while ago, he's a proper petrol head, could be quite good

Why?

Hes the right age, knows/loves cars, and is a better face for the US/World market than Chris Evans.

It makes total sense.

it's a complete departure from the naughty public school boy set up led by clarkson. who knows what the chemistry will be like? i can't be sure but i imagine international viewers might find it odd when le blanc, star of one of the biggest sitcoms ever, plays second fiddle to an odd, ginger english bloke. i can see it being pretty awkward.

Having an American presenting it would be fundamentally wrong. It's a British show and Americans are awful

yeah but it's a programme for utter cunts anyway

:lol: She makes you go to an all day English breakfast place in Benidorm that plays Top Gear videos all day.

:lol:

Sounds like heaven.

"Err, can I have some rapidly warming, flat as a fart, 1 euro a pint lager with the breakfast instead of the tea? Oh! Any chance you can turn the sound up on top gear? Those nice chaps from Hull are a bit noisy! Cheers, Captain!"

Edited by Howmanheyman