So I wrote a novella.

Kevin Carr's Gloves

Loads of people have offered to proof read it. After 3 months of waiting for their input I just put it up anyway.

Honestly, it put me off reading it and I think it will do others too. If you've put that much effort into something it / you deserve it to get a proper reading rather than it being dismissed before it's had a chance. Anyway, pretty sure Parky was volunteering.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lazy cunts didn't even read the first para. :lol: Get it professionally proofread next time maybe.

But setting that aside, I hope it's a success. You should have gone with a pen name though. Your real name is not acceptable.

How about Toby Milburn for a pen name Or BIc BIro.

Congrats Simon. Good on ya mate. I hope it's the start of something for you.

I've bought it and will give it a read. I'm always in for a good post-apocalyptic story.

How long did the book take you from conception to completion? What was your process? Asking for Gem.

Really good seeing people go out there and actually do something. Well done man.

This tbf. Having uncompleted about 20 songs and 6 books I have huge respect for anyone who can actually manage to finish anything beyond their dinner.

• 4 weeks later...

I finished this the other night.

As others have said the spelling/grammar thing is a bit annoying (and easily solved I think) but it became less of an issue for me as I progessed through the book.

Overall I found the characters quite likeable and the story/premise quite intriguing - anything which has any kind of church or religion as the baddies is on a winner with me.

The only thing is I'm an impatient bastard - I've read a few book series and indeed watched a few TV series where I've waited until the whole things finished before starting it as I don't like having to wait/weeks/months/years to see how it pans out or indeed ivest in something which is canceeled or left unfinished.

The concept would work well for me if you were releasing installments on a regular basis and this starter did do enough to want me to know how it pans out but a vague "sometime in the future" is a bit disappointing.

I finished this the other night.

As others have said the spelling/grammar thing is a bit annoying (and easily solved I think) but it became less of an issue for me as I progessed through the book.

Overall I found the characters quite likeable and the story/premise quite intriguing - anything which has any kind of church or religion as the baddies is on a winner with me.

The only thing is I'm an impatient bastard - I've read a few book series and indeed watched a few TV series where I've waited until the whole things finished before starting it as I don't like having to wait/weeks/months/years to see how it pans out or indeed ivest in something which is canceeled or left unfinished.

The concept would work well for me if you were releasing installments on a regular basis and this starter did do enough to want me to know how it pans out but a vague "sometime in the future" is a bit disappointing.

Soory NJS. I am writing a crime novel now the next installment is after that.

It is just a hobby mind.

Soory NJS. I am writing a crime novel now the next installment is after that.

It is just a hobby mind.

Yes I got that so no problem - I was just talking in general about installment based media which yours is an example of. As I said I did find it reasonably enjoyable.

Do you have the whole story arc mapped out in your mind or is it an episodal creation process?

Yes I got that so no problem - I was just talking in general about installment based media which yours is an example of. As I said I did find it reasonably enjoyable.

Do you have the whole story arc mapped out in your mind or is it an episodal creation process?

All mapped out.

Did you spot the political references?

• 1 month later...