Ashley and Transfers

It is often reported that Ashley will not pay big money for players. Since he took over in 2007, the following are examples of fees he has paid.

Remy Cabella £12.0 million

Colo £10.3 million

Cisse £10.0 million

Guttierez £ 7.0 million

Anita £ 6.7 million

Mbiwa £ 6.7 million

Enrique £ 6.5 million

Riviere £ 6.3 million

Siem De Jong £ 6.0 million

Alan Smith £ 6.0 million

Joey Barton £ 5.8 million

Debuchy £ 5.5 million

Janmaaat £ 5.0 million

Cabaye £ 5.0 million

Whether most or some were worth the fees is debatable.

In total he has paid out £149.6 million in transfer fees and received £166.95 million making him a net profit of £17.35 million.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinks what make Ashley a twat

Free SD Advertising

Dodgy deal with Puma

Transferring the clubs retail income to SD

Stadium renaming

Sacking Keegan

Appointing shit managers

Appointing a shit coaching staff

Aversion to the cups

Signing players cos they're a bargain rather than what we need

Selling players for a quick return oblivious to gaps in the squad

Constant lies

Things what don't make him a twat

Transfer Spending

His interest free loan

There are a lot of fans who want to beat him up for those 2 things, which is odd when there's so much else to bash him for.

It is often reported that Ashley will not pay big money for players. Since he took over in 2007, the following are examples of fees he has paid.

Remy Cabella £12.0 million

Colo £10.3 million

Cisse £10.0 million

Guttierez £ 7.0 million

Anita £ 6.7 million

Mbiwa £ 6.7 million

Enrique £ 6.5 million

Riviere £ 6.3 million

Siem De Jong £ 6.0 million

Alan Smith £ 6.0 million

Joey Barton £ 5.8 million

Debuchy £ 5.5 million

Janmaaat £ 5.0 million

Cabaye £ 5.0 million

Whether most or some were worth the fees is debatable.

In total he has paid out £149.6 million in transfer fees and received £166.95 million making him a net profit of £17.35 million.

None of those are big fees anymore are they? Everton paid about £27m for Lukaku that's a big fee. £12m for Cabella (if that figure is correct and I doubt it) is way less than we paid for Shearer twenty years ago.

He's a twat for not reinvensting the money made on players

On average he's sold £21m worth of players a season and reinvested over £19m of it.

Spending 91p of every pound isn't all that bad. If you aren't spending it until you have it then it's about the best you can hope for.

The club spends what it can afford on it without going into hock.

For 2012/3 we signed one player in the summer window despite making a £10m profit for the period. We're set to announce record profits for an entire year in which we did not make one significant permanent signing.

I'd say we haven't been allowed to spend what we can afford.

For 2012/3 we signed one player in the summer window despite making a £10m profit for the period. We're set to announce record profits for an entire year in which we did not make one significant permanent signing.

I'd say we haven't been allowed to spend what we can afford.

One of us is looking at different periods.

In Summer 12/13 we got £5.5m for Best and Foster and we spent £8m on Anita, Good and Bigirimana

In January we got £7m for Ba but spent almost £18m on Debuchy, Mbiwa, Gouffran, Haidara and Sissoko.

A £13m net spend for the season.

http://www.nufc.com/2014-15html/transfers-pardew.html

But in 13/14 we basically sold Cabaye and that was it. Looking at periods in isolation you can paint a picture of player trading being massively profitable, but in the summer just gone, Ashley's total cumulative player trading after 8 years showed just over £3m profit.

His criteria is clearly that the club can spend what it earns. Just not necessarily as soon as it's in the coffers.

With the new TV deal we earn a lot more than we spend though. Other teams upped their spending accordingly last summer, we didn't.

We spent more than any season previously, and without the dip in 2014, we're growing our spending year on year every year...

2ng95oi.png

Since...The Championship

We spent more than any season previously, and without the dip in 2014, we're growing our spending year on year every year...

2ng95oi.png

Since...The Championship

Cabaye and Debuchy paid for that though. He hasn't actually spent any of this seasons profit

Cabaye and Debuchy paid for that though. He hasn't actually spent any of this seasons profit

Bodes well for the summer then doesn't it.

The fact we spent the Cabaye and Debuchy money is what I'm saying. And others are saying we don't do that.

I expect us to invest a good wedge of last seasons profits in the summer.

Almost everything the club has done previously suggests it too.

Bodes well for the summer then doesn't it.

The fact we spent the Cabaye and Debuchy money is what I'm saying. And others are saying we don't do that.

I expect us to invest a good wedge of last seasons profits in the summer.

Almost everything the club has done previously suggests it too.

Given the squad is so understrength and the number out of contract in the summer, he has no choice but to spend. Going to need 6-7 new signings, but I doubt they'll get that many in.

Having transfer funds is only a small part of it, it's who is spending those funds that makes the biggest difference.

Give a wise man £10 and he'll make a fortune, give Charnley/Carver/Carr £20-30 million and we'll still end up shit.

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is.

'Ashley won't pay big money for signings'.

'...list of relatively average/cheap signings...'

'...summarises that Ashley has made a profit on transfers thereby not only not spending money on big signings but not spending money on signings at all'.

This B&W bloke can't even WUM effectively. I blame it on him losing his father in that house fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU_ggFovJNo

Edited by toonotl