Ashley and Transfers

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we sure that Carver isn't getting his wires crossed? - he's spent a lot of time talking to Brian Kidd about them buying Perez, he might well think he works down there now.

It's also yet another indication Carver isn't fit for the job, basically coming out and calling the players shite with 9 games to go isn't the best plan. Especially considering he's the most useless cunt of all.

Hopefully the bulk of the clear out is Carver and the rest of the pathetically shit coaching staff the club employs.

:lol: be funny as fuck if Ashley was having the conversation with Carver and the latter hadn't realised Ashley meant him.

Not at all. Should have absorbed it along with his other costs for fucking up. But we've known he's doing it for 4 years. Few other clubs would have the luxury of getting it interest free, let alone writing it off.

My understanding is that most clubs with loans from their own get these interest free and many have had that debt converted to equity.

I don't see how you can disagree with him making these repayments and then claim that he lets the club spend what it earns, the two don't seem compatible to me.

Anyway, we'll soon find out whether he has taken more or whether we're sitting on a mountain of cash.

If we could sign a coach who is liked by the fans and plays football that we enjoy, I'm sure the fans would tolerate 8-14th finishes and maybe even take pride in our club again instead of it being a fucking embarrassment.

I honestly feel like we're the "And finally" news story every time I turn Sky Sports on.

The day dream is Remi Garde + staff comes in as soon as he's available/end of the season. We sign 7-10 players for a variety of roles and at a variety of standards. A centre back or two, a proper forward, a quality central midfielder. We play some good football, get to a 1/4 final and finish 8th.

That's it. That's the limit of my day-dream.

Fucking hell, and you're the optimistic one on here :lol:

Reach for the stars - cheers Mike.

:lol: be funny as fuck if Ashley was having the conversation with Carver and the latter hadn't realised Ashley meant him.

:lol: Would be class mind, talk sport exclusive "wheyy I didn't think he meant me man Collymore mate"

Sunday Mirror reporting that Ashley will spend £60 million in the summer with Krul, Tiote and Colo amongst those leaving. Also that McLaren will take over as Head Coach.

Newcastle..... Not Ashley :)

Colo's not the player he was plus he only has 12 months left so it sounds made up, ie he'll not fetch enough for it to have much impact on who comes in. It would free up wages but it sounds to me like a journo has picked who he thinks see the best 3 players to try and give a story a bit of credence.

Tiote will probably leave but we've all seen that one coming for awhile.

I think there's a difference between fretting that he'll be sold 8 windows on the trot and seeing it coming mind.

NUFC have got the best from him to the point where he's gone from being one we were worried about losing to being one few would miss that much.

Yeah but unlike Colo you can't say with certainty that his best years are behind him. A new manager may be able to reinvigorate him. Playing near his full potential he fulfills an important role for a mid-table side such as ours.

£2m for Colo minus his £3m a year wages.

£7m for Tiote minus his £2m a year wages,

£7m for Krul minus his £2m a year wages.

R Taylor,Sammy and jonas on their way for nee transfer fees but a possible saving of £4m a year on wages.

That's Ashley's plan A.

Plan B as we know is to bring in players for less and pay less with a budget of no more than £27m.

I think there's a difference between fretting that he'll be sold 8 windows on the trot and seeing it coming mind.

NUFC have got the best from him to the point where he's gone from being one we were worried about losing to being one few would miss that much.

Oh yeah. Definitely. I couldn't give two shits if he leaves.

We'd finish between 8th and 17th with him and nothing would change without him.

The only player I think we'd truly miss is Krul. He's our one really good player. I think the only reason we've held onto him so long is because he's got such a shit defence in front of him. I think those from other clubs don't notice how good he is because he gets 3 and 4 put past him on a regular basis.

£2m for Colo minus his £3m a year wages.

£7m for Tiote minus his £2m a year wages,

£7m for Krul minus his £2m a year wages.

R Taylor,Sammy and jonas on their way for nee transfer fees but a possible saving of £4m a year on wages.

That's Ashley's plan A.

Plan B as we know is to bring in players for less and pay less with a budget of no more than £27m.

Essembee takes a break from demolishing the Mackems on FIFA 8 hours a day to fire up Football Manager for a quick investigation of NUFC's wage structure.