Anyone remember him?

NorbertoSolano

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw him walking along Gosforth High Street a couple of weeks ago in his tracksuit. Kept being stopped and was chatting to quite a few people.

Did you ask how his brother was?

Loved him, as much for the goal against Van der Sar at Fulham, as that combination he had with Hughes and Dyer.

Plus all the 1' touches for Shearer to smash the ball past the despairing 'keeper.

Have you ever been on Gosforth High street? If you had you would know you need a minimum 120 db shout to make yourself heard.

I've been on enough times to know it's perfectly possible to shout from one side of the street to the other. It's not like it's Pall Mall!

I was at a game in Sofia when we played CSKA, maybe around the 99/00 season? He scored a total pearler of a free-kick, right in the top bin.

I remember that goal in the final minutes at Elland Road aswell, cue pandemonium behind the goal.

I was on Gosforth High Street in 1999, in August.

I remember trying to get the attention of a tramp on the other side of the road, so I started shouting,

" You there, tramp! I say, vagrant, I'd like a word!"

A chap came up to me and told me I'd need to shout at a minimum of 120db for the homeless wastrel to hear me.

Happy days, but thanks to Ashley, there are no tramps left in Gosforth.