Summer comings and goings

The Fish

Departure  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I get the feeling this summer will see the biggest upheaval at Newcastle in years. New "Head Coach", new backroom staff, new players?

So who do you reckon is going?

Edited by The Fish

You gotta tick a box in every category.

Tiote to leave. Carver gone, it's mandatory.

Gouffran to play as though he's not here.

De Jong to get injured like he just don't care.

is the question, who do we want to go? or who do we think will go?

The latter, as suggested when I phrased the question "Who do you reckon will go?" rather than, says, "Who would you like to see the back of?"

;)

The latter, as suggested when I phrased the question "Who do you reckon will go?" rather than, says, "Who would you like to see the back of?"

;)

i can see Tiote, Sissoko and Jonas all going. not sure about the rest, or the management team. fuck knows what's in store there.

I'm not sure about Sissoko. I think he would happily jump but I'm not sure he's worth what we would want to anyone else and I don't think the big clubs he would want to move to would actually come in for him (unless they could get him cheap).

I think all of the out of contract players will go. They would possibly keep Raylor if they were sure about his fitness. I do think think Tiote and Colo will be away. The commitment of both of them is in question now for me and they're both a bit old for us now.

I think Krul is stagnating a bit here now and I think there's a good chance he will be off too.

I'm not convinced any of the newer players will be off. I don't think we'll be ready to cut our losses on Riviere at this stage and I think the fat man will be licking his lips at the potential profit in Perez further down the line. Janmaat has clearly the been the best performer of the new recruits so I think he's most likely to go but again I think he'll be here for another season.

Woodman might be the most likely member of the backroom staff to go and follow Pardew but as he's not on the list I've voted no one. I can't see Carver, Pedro or Stone going anywhere as I think they see it as important to have locals here to somehow pacify us. Watson might be in more danger of getting pushed out by a new coach. I'm not sure what sort of contract he has.

I'm not sure about Sissoko. I think he would happily jump but I'm not sure he's worth what we would want to anyone else and I don't think the big clubs he would want to move to would actually come in for him (unless they could get him cheap).

I think all of the out of contract players will go. They would possibly keep Raylor if they were sure about his fitness. I do think think Tiote and Colo will be away. The commitment of both of them is in question now for me and they're both a bit old for us now.

I think Krul is stagnating a bit here now and I think there's a good chance he will be off too.

I'm not convinced any of the newer players will be off. I don't think we'll be ready to cut our losses on Riviere at this stage and I think the fat man will be licking his lips at the potential profit in Perez further down the line. Janmaat has clearly the been the best performer of the new recruits so I think he's most likely to go but again I think he'll be here for another season.

Woodman might be the most likely member of the backroom staff to go and follow Pardew but as he's not on the list I've voted no one. I can't see Carver, Pedro or Stone going anywhere as I think they see it as important to have locals here to somehow pacify us. Watson might be in more danger of getting pushed out by a new coach. I'm not sure what sort of contract he has.

Hasn't he already left?

One thing I think is that while I expect new faces, it will be a limited number coming in and not a huge overhaul. We couldn't bring in enough for an overhaul so i at least expect "some" of the shite to be moved on and some to stay with a couple of more decent players needing to be moved on to generate funds to spend.

If we want to replace the likes of Williamson & Gouf with decent options at the back and up front then we'd have to likely lose the likes of Sissoko & Tiote. Don't think the latter will be a huge loss and the formers place arguably taken up by the sometimes fit (?) De Jong.

Full expect the squad to be "thin" and some cut price additions, one or two decent (by our standard) allowing us to continue to float mid table.

One thing I think is that while I expect new faces, it will be a limited number coming in and not a huge overhaul. We couldn't bring in enough for an overhaul so i at least expect "some" of the shite to be moved on and some to stay with a couple of more decent players needing to be moved on to generate funds to spend.

If we want to replace the likes of Williamson & Gouf with decent options at the back and up front then we'd have to likely lose the likes of Sissoko & Tiote. Don't think the latter will be a huge loss and the formers place arguably taken up by the sometimes fit (?) De Jong.

Full expect the squad to be "thin" and some cut price additions, one or two decent (by our standard) allowing us to continue to float mid table.

See, I am certain that quite a few players will leave. Colo, Jonas, Tiote, Gouffran*, Sammy and maybe Williamson too. Now, 5 of those are 1st team (rightly or wrongly) and some with no understudy so they'll have to replace them at least? Sissoko and Krul may want to move on to stop their career stalling like Tiote's has.

That's 7 new faces at least, surely?

*I think he'll orchestrate a move because he's fast becoming the scapegoat.

Aye he stayed probably as ewerk says, because Freddie is here. One of Pardews other cronies went.

Ah, fair dos, I thought he'd Donald Gennaro'd the minute Handsome Al packed up his stuff.

See, I am certain that quite a few players will leave. Colo, Jonas, Tiote, Gouffran*, Sammy and maybe Williamson too. Now, 5 of those are 1st team (rightly or wrongly) and some with no understudy so they'll have to replace them at least? Sissoko and Krul may want to move on to stop their career stalling like Tiote's has.

That's 7 new faces at least, surely?

*I think he'll orchestrate a move because he's fast becoming the scapegoat.

And that still would leave Rivière (argument for him needing another season and run in the side to really see what he is about), Obertan (one of our best players early season but over a run of games is fairly average) etc. even if we only change the 7 you state, only the last few will command any kind of fee to allow us to invest.

Perhaps expect more from our young emerging players with less than the 7 brought in.