Boring players

Dr Gloom

pedro, waddle, gazza, ginola, robert, ben arfa ...

we've had our fair share of players with magic in their boots in my lifetime. the type that you'd happily pay the season ticket money to see play every week, the type that gets you off your seat every time they're on the ball.

I can't think of a single player currently on the books with that spark of creativity. sissoko, possibly, but his ability is more to do with his pace and power to be able to carry the ball long distances rather than natural talent on the ball. cabella was probably brought in to be that player but pardew did his best to destroy his confidence and carver doesn't seem to be changing that situation playing gouffran ahead of him.

we need to invest this summer transfer war chest (/s) in all areas of the pitch but i think the one we need more than any other is a creator. looking at the squad list on nufc.com - we're so fucking boring.

pedro, waddle, gazza, ginola, robert, ben arfa ...

we've had our fair share of players with magic in their boots in my lifetime. the type that you'd happily pay the season ticket money to see play every week, the type that gets you off your seat every time they're on the ball.

I can't think of a single player currently on the books with that spark of creativity. sissoko, possibly, but his ability is more to do with his pace and power to be able to carry the ball long distances rather than natural talent on the ball. cabella was probably brought in to be that player but pardew did his best to destroy his confidence and carver doesn't seem to be changing that situation playing gouffran ahead of him.

we need to invest this summer transfer war chest (/s) in all areas of the pitch but i think the one we need more than any other is a creator. looking at the squad list on nufc.com - we're so fucking boring.

We used to have Michael Owen as well, tbf. Can't get much worse than that in the boring stakes.

We used to have Michael Owen as well, tbf. Can't get much worse than that in the boring stakes.

You could bore a stake through his heart. Well, I could anyway.

I'd be more accepting of boring players without much flair if they were good.

For me there's nothing worse than finishing 8th-17th year on year and doing it playing fucking terrible football.

Bring on the summer transfer bonanza. :lol:

I'd be more accepting of boring players without much flair if they were good.

For me there's nothing worse than finishing 8th-17th year on year and doing it playing fucking terrible football.

Bring on the summer transfer bonanza. :lol:

The summer transfer bonanza will be deferred till January for sound, prudent financial reasons. When it won't be a bonanza on account of the lack of "value" in the market place.

:lol:

Pretty dull on the supporter stakes too. Who can forget the grey man?

• 2 weeks later...