Loyalty

The Fish

I was shocked at people hating on Cabaye for wanting away to PSG. He doesn't have an affiliation towards Newcastle, he doesn't support us, he wasn't brought up here and he wasn't gonna win anything here, so I wasn't surprised he wanted out to a club battling for trophies and in Europe in his home nation. Yeah he went on strike but I would have done the same in the circumstances. (At a different club, not my supported team.)

I think going on strike to try and force the club to accept a derisory bid when they're paying you a good wage isn't something that should be accepted but I certainly can't blame him for wanting to leave.

There must be something that happens at clubs that eliminates that sense of affiliation?

Like the owner not being remotely interested in the pursuit of trophies

Like the owner not being remotely interested in the pursuit of trophies

That'd explain the shit that goes on here, but Southampton, Swansea, Everton?

Shearer? Turned down Man Utd initially, but there were definitely interested parties throughout his NUFC career.

Shearer came to a title contender of a club for a world record transfer fee and a wage that matched whatever Man U wanted to offer.

It's not like he came to the same club he saw Gazza, Beardsley and Waddle leave.

We were in for him when he went to Blackburn. I don't blame him for opting to go there but let's not over romanticise things. Also, I wonder if he'd have stayed throughout the post-Keegan years if he hadn't had the injury at Everton because he was a very good PL player rather than world class after that. Again that's a realistic outlook rather than a criticism. I think personal ambition overriding the club you supported as a bairn is perfectly reasonable.

Aye I don't blame players for pushing for more money either tbh. If you're happy with your lot then I think that's another reason to stay, which is what I think Jonas stayed for after we went down and yet despite showing loyalty the club were horrific during one of the most difficult periods of his life.

I think Sterling is getting pelters simply because it's Liverpool, they were all fine with numerous of our players talking about Arsenal, PSG etc, west brom players moaning but now it's Liverpool they think it's a disgrace. I don't think Sterling is being greedy either, I think he's comfortable knowing he will get mental money anywhere he goes but wants to be at a club that will win silverware. I hope he goes off and signs for one of the clubs that are challenging for titles for less than the 100k just to sicken them further. He's a Jamaican raised in London, he didn't move to Liverpool until he was about 15 or 16 anyway so no idea where they get off with this betrayal or he owes us business.

Or maybe Jonas stayed because he knew no other club would pay him 60 grand a week.

Sterling is only 20 and has achieved nothing in his career so far, but his agent feels he is worth £180000 a week. Sterling does an interview on BBC without his club's permission and maintains money is not the problem, but that he wants to play for a club that wins honours. So why did he sign for Liverpool in the first place. I reckon a 20 year old guy in a full time job probably earns £16/18 grand a YEAR. That means that guy would have to work TEN YEARS to earn what Sterling wants in a WEEK. The argument usually is footballers have a short term career. That may be correct but if Sterling never got a rise and played till he was 35 he would have walked away with £140 MILLION before tax etc.

So what? If someone wants to pay him a 100k a week then thats up to them. I couldn't give a shit whether Sterling wants to pay for Liverpool or someone else who he thinks will give him trophies. Modern footballers look after themselves first, second and third; anybody who expects any different is naive imo.

Sterling is only 20 and has achieved nothing in his career so far, but his agent feels he is worth £180000 a week. Sterling does an interview on BBC without his club's permission and maintains money is not the problem, but that he wants to play for a club that wins honours. So why did he sign for Liverpool in the first place. I reckon a 20 year old guy in a full time job probably earns £16/18 grand a YEAR. That means that guy would have to work TEN YEARS to earn what Sterling wants in a WEEK. The argument usually is footballers have a short term career. That may be correct but if Sterling never got a rise and played till he was 35 he would have walked away with £140 MILLION before tax etc.

Where were the contract demands leaked? I've not seen them at all? Edited by The Fish

He may be only 20 but he has a track record of sorts.......not to be proud of.

Born in Jamaica.

Came to London at age 5.

Father murdered in Jamaica when he was aged 9.

Had a daughter from a brief relationship when he was 18.

Arrested twice for assaults on 2 different women.

He's not telling the truth, it's all about money, you can't pay the rent with trophies.

Loyalty to a Club usually comes from local lads but even then it can be swayed by money, ambition, ego,, and fame.

So what? If someone wants to pay him a 100k a week then thats up to them. I couldn't give a shit whether Sterling wants to pay for Liverpool or someone else who he thinks will give him trophies. Modern footballers look after themselves first, second and third; anybody who expects any different is naive imo.

My point was that 99% of players always quote winning things in the CL as their excuse for moving and not the money. Cabaye said that when he moved and he ended up playing only 7 games in the CL over 2 seasons and has said he will be having talks with PSG over his future at the end of the season. Harry Kane who imo has more potential than Sterling has signed a new contract on £45k a week, a quarter of what Sterling is looking for.

• 1 month later...

I think Sterling is getting pelters simply because it's Liverpool, they were all fine with numerous of our players talking about Arsenal, PSG etc, west brom players moaning but now it's Liverpool they think it's a disgrace. I don't think Sterling is being greedy either, I think he's comfortable knowing he will get mental money anywhere he goes but wants to be at a club that will win silverware. I hope he goes off and signs for one of the clubs that are challenging for titles for less than the 100k just to sicken them further. He's a Jamaican raised in London, he didn't move to Liverpool until he was about 15 or 16 anyway so no idea where they get off with this betrayal or he owes us business.

2hevw1u.jpg

:lol: :lol: The plight of that bloke bottom left in the red polo, I guarantee whatever he's yelling has some reference to Sterlings race.

Jamaican me crazy?

• 3 years later...