AshleyOut.com

Happy Face

I presume the next step will be to try and affect his other businesses. How the hell anyone hasn't boycotted his tat by now is beyond me but I've seen a few posts on NO from people saying there's no competition for the cheap shit he sells. I don't really believe that but even if true, the premium for other stuff can't be that much surely?

Just seen that figure, but curious as to where it's come from? One bloke said it (in an itk style) now suddenly people are reporting it as fact, using other twitter accounts as evidence.

Holding off until I've seen it confirmed.

Mike Ashley will not change the way he runs Newcastle, even if the fans did boycott the game. I read this article by a Premier League footballer on the situation: http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/25047/newcastle-united-may-yet-rue-losing-alan-pardew/

Unable to sum it up better myself, spot on.

That article is about as far away from spot on as it is possible to be while still being in the same universe.

I stopped reading when it mentioned Pardew being better equipped to coach new talent. The man ruined talent and his apprentice is even worse.

EDIT: Should have realised this guy is a makem wum.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

That's about the long and short of it. Man's about as funny as toothache. Also, who the fuck is this Mako knacker?

He's that lad who come on a few week back and posted about 10 threads of "ideas to get Ashley out" one of which was for us to start going to mackem games. He was then called a mackem, threw a hissy fit and flounced. I guess he's given up on his flounce.

Just seen that figure, but curious as to where it's come from? One bloke said it (in an itk style) now suddenly people are reporting it as fact, using other twitter accounts as evidence.

Holding off until I've seen it confirmed.

Just seen on Twitter that Newcastle Council haven't actually released an official figure

This from ashleyout.com

ASHLEY QUOTE OF THE DAY

"I gave you my word that as long as I remain owner, this club would continue to be run responsibly at all levels. I hope you will accept that I have stood by that pledge"

Hey Fish, don't compare me to the knackers who went to the game. I supported the boycott by....not going to the game. Is that not the primary purpose of a boycott? And it's not clear to me how anything else I've done could have possibly contributed to its failure. Care to elaborate? All I did was tell people a few things about how it should go if it was to succeed, and why it would probably not succeed if they weren't done, and I was largely proven right. I'll freely admit I underestimated the media friendly reaction, which is a small positive to outweigh the huge negative of a stadium which on TV at least, came across as largely full.

At least there seems to be some energy about all of this currently, rather than just apathy. The real challenge is sustaining it though, as Ashley will be banking on our morale falling and on the majority of us getting back into line. We need creative ideas to keep the energy going - which is where I actually agree with that Maku guy, in principle, at least.

Hi guys don't post on here much and being from Edinburgh I only catch 5 or 6 games a season. Yesterday I was down and went to the game, disgustingly disappointed. I follow most things Newcastle Utd from afar but do you guys really really think anything that's done will have any effect on that fat cockney wanker?? He's thicker skinned than a rhino and personally think he'll be around for the foreseeable future. It's horrible to watch. Summer will most probably come and go with hardly a decent signing made, Carver will still be in charge and Tioti and Sissoko will be sold. Will I still be going down in the near future? Yeah probably cause I have a love with Newcastle Utd and the City its self. I hope it gets better but he's a prick so I can't see it.

I saw the boycott as a success. It gave some power and motivation to the fan base which has been lacking for years. It woke us up instead of being the zombies we've been for the past couple of year.

Look at the boycott as a start of something not just a one off like the walk out against Cardiff last year.

The most surprising thing for me was Sky actually covered it more than I thought they would yesterday and didn't trot out the usual stereotypes about us. We've now got national media attention instead of a one point paragraph in the Chronicles '5 things we learnt' and that's more than a lot thought we would get.

Just look at the amount of activity on here, it definitely stirred people up. Normally we lose these games and barely anyone comments for the next couple of days. I've been struggling to keep up this time around. It's at least something to keep clinging on to for however long it lasts. False hope maybe, but isn't that what the vast majority of football is about?

Except it wasn't largely full and was a success. But don't let 'facts' get in the way of your agenda.

There's facts, and then there's interpretation of facts. You're engaged in the latter.

The longer people keep deluding themselves with notions that go against the facts in the hope that their desires will eventually become a reality, the less likely it is that a successful strategy will emerge from the AshelyOut bunker.

The facts in this case are quite clear:

A boycott that doesn't empty a stadium, or at least produce one that is visibly empty on TV to the casual observer, is a failure if the stated aim was to show an empty stadium on TV as a result of a call for unity and strength.

Media attention is nice, but it is usually fleeting in terms of a 'conversation', and it certainly has no effect on Ashley (I never understood the N-O logic which says that because Ashley felt threatened by prior protests, and thus, as it appears, gave up on us as a hobby and went into full business mode, that this was somehow a success).

And there was media attention before the boycott in the national media, that was already hitting all the key messages AshleyOut is trying to push (as I had pointed out on N-O). And there will be after.

Media attention of the sort the boycott produced is only really going to be useful to the campaign if they have something to say as a call to arms or other specific message to pass on (like stay the fuck out of the stadium for every game until he's gone) - they're eventually going to just get bored with saying 'NUFC fans are unhappy, but there's fuck all that can be done about it because Ashley doesn't give a rat's ass'.

As Niall Quinn said, it's not like AshleyOut is pointing to an owner waiting in the wings or any other viable alternative. This is why all my proposed campaign ideas provided clear messages that the media could be used to carry to a specified target audience (the fans not yet on board, or sponsors, or the FA, or a prospective owner, etc).

An example - obviously one goal of this boycott should have been to highlight the extraordinary step it is for NUFC fans not to enter the stadium precisely because we are normally extraordinarily loyal. Yet this message was only briefly touched upon by Niaill, and only really because he's already knowledgeable about us. From what I can see, there was no appreciation of the value of that specific message by anyone in the campaign - it could have been included on the tatty A4 sheets - therefore it wasn't really picked up by the coverage, and therefore isn't really going to be appreciated by people who read the headline figure - "boycott success! Just 30,000 fans turn up to the game".

So given your obsession with this protest being visible on TV, presumably in your "we should attend a Sunderland game" scenario, the people going should wear black and white (to ensure visibility) and, in the process, get the living fuck kicked out of them?

Would that constitute success in your eyes?