AshleyOut.com

Happy Face

Going to the game now must be the equivalent of letting someone take the piss out of you for a couple of hours & paying them £30+ to do it. Then as your leaving say "same again in a fortnight"

Going to the game now must be the equivalent of letting someone take the piss out of you for a couple of hours & paying them £30+ to do it. Then as your leaving say "same again in a fortnight"

It certainly felt like that yesterday :lol:

All joking apart we're in a serious predicament the teams in disarray the manager doesn't seem to have any direction. We're leaking goals every week the way we're playing we could be set adrift in the bottom 3 by new year. There seems to be no concern from the upper echelons of the club in fact it seems like everyone on the pay roll is just there for the money. If they don't care why should we the supporters & in particular the match goers. That's why if the Ashleyout.com group decide to have another go they should be whole heartedly backed by every supporter to try to oust Ashley from the club. There are 3 televised home games coming up...

Liverpool (Sky)

Villa (Sky)

Everton (BT)

The Liverpool may be a bit soon to organise something but shirley something can be arranged for the other 2 come on lads & lasses this is our club not his.

The worst thing that can happen is that we scrape by and survive another season in the division, turning yet more profit and vindicating fuckface and his approach to running the club.

Once you realise that staying up is worse long term than relegation, then there's fuck all to be worried about. You can watch these defeats rack up and not give a fuck about it.

I'm like a zen master on a match day. I couldn't give a shit. Join me.

All joking apart we're in a serious predicament the teams in disarray the manager doesn't seem to have any direction. We're leaking goals every week the way we're playing we could be set adrift in the bottom 3 by new year. There seems to be no concern from the upper echelons of the club in fact it seems like everyone on the pay roll is just there for the money. If they don't care why should we the supporters & in particular the match goers. That's why if the Ashleyout.com group decide to have another go they should be whole heartedly backed by every supporter to try to oust Ashley from the club. There are 3 televised home games coming up...

Liverpool (Sky)

Villa (Sky)

Everton (BT)

The Liverpool may be a bit soon to organise something but shirley something can be arranged for the other 2 come on lads & lasses this is our club not his.

There's apathy in the stands too. Don't see it happening.

http://ashleyout.com/articles/deja-vu/

Look son, this is the club who got taken to court by the legendary Kevin Keegan and proven guilty.

Look daughter, this is the man who disrespected the greatest goalscorer in our history.

Look kids, this was the cathedral on the hill where we all went to worship such legends as Sir Bobby, Keegan, Beardsley, Joe Harvey, Shearer and Wor Jackie. Its the centre of our community, the heartbeat of our city but now its covered in Red and Blue tat and has no soul.

Edited by trooper

Richard Keys

As I was watching the latest abject performance from Newcastle - that 5-1 hammering at Palace - my mind wondered back to that infamous tv interview with Mike Ashley on the last day of last season.

He told David Craig 'I won't leave Newcastle until we've won something'.

If Ashley means what he said I don't see a future for the once proud Toon. Ashley and his acolytes are killing the club. It's dying. It's desperate.

Newcastle is a wonderful football club. My earliest memories were watching them at Coventry. I was sitting in the West Stand as the late Terry Hibbert cracked in a wonder goal. They left with the points - we were left in the same kind of mess they're in now!

They took 'one of our own', John Tudor, to form a front line partnership with the raging Super Mac so I took more than a passing interest in the club as I followed Tudor's progress.

There was the Fairs Cup win - ignominy at Hereford - Keegan's cup final when Liverpool tore them apart - Shankly taunting Joe Harvey on Grandstand before the game - Keegan eventually signing for them - there was always something coming out of that part of the world that even the neutrals would find interesting.

Of course Keegan gave us 'The Entertainers' when he went back to manage them. What a ride that was. Fantastic.

The Second Coming was a disaster, but only because Ashley & Co were in charge by then.

I remember flying home with Ashley and his hangers-on after one Saturday morning game at St James'. As we drove to the airport the conversation was all about Shearer. He wanted my thoughts on whether Shearer could manage the club. I told him it didn't matter what I thought, only what he thought. That seemed to please him. The conversation ended with him saying 'I suppose I'm going to have to give them Shearer at some point'.

His 'go-fer' back then was a guy called Chris Mort. Almost as soon we'd landed at Luton Mort was on the phone. 'I'd appreciate it if you forgot what Mike said to you about Shearer. He didn't mean it'. Ok, no problem. But he did mean it, Shearer eventually succeeded Joe Kinnear's circus, was badly let down by Michael Owen, and had no time to stop the rot. Newcastle were relegated.

A lot happened over the following summer and it's not my position to talk about it here. I'm sure Alan will tell his side of the story in his own good time, but as he and I spoke during that summer it was pretty evident from what Alan was saying that Ashley felt he'd delivered Shearer to the faithful - and that was the end of it. No more. He wanted him out of the club. Alan was too big a personality for Ashley to deal with. His popularity was always going to be an issue.

Newcastle don't have the debt problem they once did, but other than clearing that - and now earning good money out of the club, Ashley's ownership has been a disaster, right up to the present day.

At Palace at the weekend the Toon Army were signing 'we're s**t and we're sick of it'. These are good people. They follow their team no matter what. They complain about Ashley but still go. My advice? Don't go guys. Don't go anymore. It's short term pain for long term gain. I know it's likely to be tough, but don't go. It's the only way let let Ashley know he's not wanted. He's taking the mickey out of you - playing with your blind loyalty.

Stay loyal to your team, but let him know enough is enough. My message to Mike Ashley is this - go. Go now while there's just enough life in the corpse for someone else to try and revive it. Get out of Toon. Now.

The Ashley Out drum should have still been beating this season, that interview he did was a knee jerk reaction to the possibility of relegation again. A smokescreen if you will. The club will never progress with his cronies at the helm, the club needs football people running it. Nothing seems professional at any level of the club, from the boardroom to the dressing room. There is no PR, there is no ambition and there is zero quality on the pitch. For me this is the lowest ebb they've had, even worse than the relegation season. At least there were characters in that dressing room and quality in the squad to bounce back, there is none of that with this group of players. I had faith in Hughton also, McClaren fills me with dread.

I think everyone can see we're fucked as a club. The press are writing our obituary with less than half the season gone, and rightly so. This has been coming for a long time, I actually feel quite sorry for McClaren.

I think everyone can see we're fucked as a club. The press are writing our obituary with less than half the season gone, and rightly so. This has been coming for a long time, I actually feel quite sorry for McClaren.

Feel more sorry for myself and other supporters. McClaren is getting paid to sup with the devil and will fuck off without a backward look. Us daft cunts are stuck with it.

Feel more sorry for myself and other supporters. McClaren is getting paid to sup with the devil and will fuck off without a backward look. Us daft cunts are stuck with it.

I suppose. I expect they lied to McClaren about the squad and their ambitions though.

• 2 weeks later...

6/12/15

AshleyOut.com today reaffirms its desire to end Mike Ashley’s reign as owner of our club. We may have been quiet over the summer but we are not going away. We are not reacting to a disastrous start to the season, we have been repeatedly convinced over the last eight years that Mike Ashley is not the man to take our club forward.

We therefore support, and intend to promote the following:

– A boycott of all future home matches (including season ticket cancellations)

– Protests against Sports Direct (including the Ashley Embargo)

We feel a sustained combination of both will force Ashley out of our club. Ashley bought, and continues to own, our club for one simple reason: to promote Sports Direct. An empty stadium and constant protests against Sports Direct, a company which has been widely criticised for its unethical practices, will make Ashley’s position as owner untenable.

Ashley cannot compete with a united fanbase, we have the power to take our club back, he is not untouchable. We believe Ashley’s unexpected interview prior to the final game of last season was a reaction to the boycott of the Spurs game and evidence that he is fearful of future protests.

As a fanbase, we are commended for our loyalty, for sticking with the club through thick and thin. However, this loyalty has been exploited for too long. Giving up your season ticket and not attending games does not mean that you have given up on your club. It is the most effective way to show Ashley that we will not stand idly by while he runs our club into the ground. Short term pain for long term gain.

Take a stand and fight for the future of your club.

United we stand, divided we fall.

Ashley Out!

Unfortunately I think anyone with strong enough feelings to quit has done already. If you're still buying a season ticket despite 8 years of evidence what you'll get, despite no games selling out and tickets dropping to £2.50... Then there's nothing that will get you to stop.