AshleyOut.com

Happy Face

Away points will keep a few going back and it's hard if you're an away regular to risk not going to games you take for granted getting tickets for. (I take on board everything else, though).

Even away games aren't hard to get tickets for any more.

Tickets for spurs were still on sale through the club yesterday.

Even away games aren't hard to get tickets for any more.

Tickets for spurs were still on sale through the club yesterday.

It's more the guarantee of a ticket I suppose, it takes years to build them up. (Points).

Also, what is it now? £35 for a membership just to be able to buy an away ticket? Disgraceful and not enough made of this IMO.

agree completely. But the arguments to keep going along with it are getting fewer and farther between.

Definitely. I went to the Watford game, more because the bairn could see a PL game involving her team in the flesh. I'll give her one game a season, (I think that's all she can handle anyway as it's too loud sitting next to me and three out of three defeats hasn't exactly got her dying to get back). I've no intention of going back with just my mates. Been without a season ticket since L7 was shut down because of dissent and only been with the bairn three times plus some of the UEFA cup games. I don't even think the cup games will get me back now.

It is a shadow of the club it was. However, people are stubborn or simply don't think about the bigger picture and just go as 'nobodies telling me what to do'.

I wouldn't put it past Ashley to do a check & see which season ticket holders aren't regularly attending. Then offer to buy back their seats so he can sell them cheap on match days. That way he'd be able to try and fill in the gaps in the stadium

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As we approach the final 10 games of the season,we're firmly in our third relegation battle of the last 4 seasons. That's 4 out of 8 premier league seasons under Ashley. Each of those terrible seasons has finished under a different manager, but there's one common denominator - the owner. #ashleyout.com. com

• 2 months later...

Ten Years of Mike Ashley: - Feel free to share this the next time a fan of another club tells you "he hasn't done a bad job".

Twice relegated (pending the inevitable)

Twice appointed Joe Kinnear

Only two top ten finishes in ten years.

Five relegation fights.

Twice lost major lawsuits launched by his own staff (Keegan/Gutierez)

Branded a "liar" by a high court judge in the Keegan trial.

Found guilty of firing a player because he had cancer in the Gutierez trial!

Had John Carver fire two senior players by telephone (the same call - to save money) then...fired John Carver.

Hired John Carver.

Fired the popular Chris Hughton after he masterminded the club's return to the Premier League and a 5-1 thrashing of Sunderland. Hired Alan Pardew who became the first ever NUFC manager to lose four consecutive derbies and the worst losing streak for 100 years!

Inherited debt of 129 million when he bought the club - this has remained static for TEN YEARS, despite his media friends telling everyone he "cleared the debt" - he hasn't...not a penny. He transferred it to himself so that instead of NUFC owing a bank £129 million we owe HIM £129 million.A figure that never reduces despite the vast profits he has turned over in player sales nearly every season.

None of this debt has ever been cleared despite this benevolence allowing him to cream transfer profits and use the stadium as his own personal advertising space for Sports Direct FOR FREE!

Here's a few other things he did:

Changed the name of St. James Park to "Sports Direct Arena". Total funds received from Sports Direct for this honour: £0

Declared it club policy at a fans forum that winning cups was "not a priority" as it interfered with club's stated goal of "finishing tenth".

Declared "The buck stops here" after the club dodged relegation last year.

Declared "Don't come crying to me" around a month ago when it became apparent that the club will now be relegated for the second time under his watch.

Declared "I have virtually nil effect on Newcastle United" in the same interview.

The Newcastle United that I grew up watching challenged for the title 20 years ago, played regularly in Europe and reached two FA cup Finals. They played in the Champions league under Bobby Robson and even when they were terrible under Dalglish and Gullit they reached FA Cup Finals and had a soul.

The NUFC I have watched under the Ashley Regime is not the same institution, he has leached and bled the heart out of the club, turning the stadium into a tacky billboard for a zero hours contract charver clothes store, the shirt into a barely recognisable advert for a classless payday lender, the playing staff into a revolving door of legends in their own minds, whose only interest is to step into a shop window and be sold for profit to whoever will have them.

He has isolated and alienated club legends and sucked the willpower out of supporters who were once considered some of the noisiest in the country.

NUFC under Ashley is a hollow vacant shell so don't peddle your "he's done a good job" myths or your "but he cleared the debt" fantasies at me.

Until he is gone you can look forward to the Sports Direct Boot stamping on your face forever.

Wake up Newcastle. Do whatever it takes to get rid of this parasite...and no, I don't mean throwing a bunch of f***ing beachballs onto the pitch.

‪#‎ashleyout‬

This is an excellent post and sums up Newcastle under his watch. The die hards need to stop filling his pockets by filling the ground and buying official merchandise or he is going to hang around for years.

Edited by Migsy323

• 1 year later...
23 minutes ago, trooper said:

The alternative is to bend over & take it but dont complain. An empty ground for a televised game is all it would take it would send out a very powerful message.

Yes that might send out a message to him.  Then he might just send one back saying " it's my toy and I'm not selling"  

Also an empty ground would make the news..lots of sports direct adverts all over the empty seats.

The only way ashley will leave is when he wants to.

32 minutes ago, Ant said:

If people goto the games and buy season tickets it's a waste of time, and they will

so it is

Until people can manage to stay away it's a lost cause, and you'll always get 1/2 the attendance between

"oh well i got the tickets for free because fo x/y/z"

"i won't let him ruin my enjoyment iv'e been going since before he was here" etcetc

Your so right Ant you know what it's a crying shame because we've got the best manager we've had since Keegan. Proper investment to help him out would go a long way. Yet Ashley's quite content to asset strip the club & run it on a shoestring there by taking the piss out of Rafa, the fans, the club & the city.