AshleyOut.com

Happy Face

Ah well, whatever. I'm not a mackem, these are genuine proposals, from a genuine fan. If you can't find it in yourselves to take them at face value, then so be it. Obviously they're not going to be discussed properly in this atmosphere of distrust. I had assumed the hostile reception I got at N-O was simply down to what I'd been saying about SackPardew, but I guess maybe it's just an internet thing.

Seriously, wtf?

You're actually going to ban me from a Newcastle United Forum for posting suggestions for how to get Ashley out of the club? Can you not see how insane that is? I was willing to put the N-O ban down to me making a bad first impression (even though my actual very first post, in defence of Tim Krul, was actually widely praised!). But this reaction is just fucked up. Well and truly fucked up.

Seriously, wtf?

You're actually going to ban me from a Newcastle United Forum for posting suggestions for how to get Ashley out of the club? Can you not see how insane that is? I was willing to put the N-O ban down to me making a bad first impression (even though my actual very first post, in defence of Tim Krul, was actually widely praised!). But this reaction is just fucked up. Well and truly fucked up.

Your big problem was being far too subtle

howayman I'd probably show to be honest, but I live in the caribbean now so won't be there.
that said, I do concur with Mako. SackPardew was embarrassing how badly it failed and moreso the shite they were tweeting once he went.

Edited by scoobos

But thats my point man, Ashley is never going to appoint anyone like that. My view, but I truly believe that NUFC is nothing more than a money shifter and marketing tool for Ashley and that he's only bought it to further his retail empire. This has been obvious for years, I can't subscribe to optimism that anything will improve footballwise because football is probably NUFC's lowest priority.

The caliber of manager that would have been appointed post-Pardew was 100% predictable based on Ashley's record of up to that point. It was always going to be either Carver or a dingle-berry like Bruce, a yes man who didn't cost too much and didn't complain about the transfer/competition policy. And it will be again. And again. Whisper it quietly, but Pardew actually deserves some tiny amount of credit for his time here because according to the media he actually defied his paymasters by playing strong sides in Europe. And he was never as unfailiingly praiseworthy of Ashley as SackPardew would have had you believe, I recall many times he basically said the policy was wrong and was acting against the best interests of the club/fans (and unlike Carver, he wasn't doing so in full knowledge he was probably not going to be in the job for very long).

I think it'll be useful for the Ashleyout campaign to list all the pubs clubs & cafe's in town that'll be showing the match. That way people will be able to go to Leazes Park before the game and meet under the Milburn stand after the game.

The boycott might not get as much exposure as it could have if it wasn't kicking off an hour after the Liverpool v villa semi the same afternoon...still, it's being publicised in the daily wail this morning:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3030892/Newcastle-fans-organise-boycott-home-game-against-Tottenham-bid-oust-owner-Mike-Ashley.html

"A social media campaign has been launched for the match, which will be shown live on Sky Sports, in a bid to ensure they are watched by their lowest ever premier league crowd"

I can't find an exact figure for the lowest attendance of a Newcastle Utd premiership game. What i can find is òur average attendance for 1992 the year the premiership was formed at the time it was just over 29,000. If the ashleyout campaign manage that figure i'll be amazed i was thinking at the most a boycott of around 5,000 does anyone else have a guesstimate ?

Whats the feeling amongst the match goers here, HF has said there's 7 out of 7 of his group up for the boycott also ST holders are you giving it a miss ?

Whats the feeling amongst the match goers here, HF has said there's 7 out of 7 of his group up for the boycott also ST holders are you giving it a miss ?

Personally I'm undecided. I'm not really arsed about missing any match these days and if there is any significant boycott I'll be happy to take part. But I feel that even if half the ground was empty it would be nothing more than a gesture of discontent and I don't believe it will come close to make Ashley leave. He's here until he decides he's finished with us and I can't come up with anything that we could do that will make him move any quicker short of no one buying a ticket for any mathch until he's gone.

I think even 5000 would be a very good start, would expect maybe 3000 to be honest. No point building it up too much then everyone feeling deflated/seeing it as a failure if the first boycott isn't huge.

People who've already booked tickets and are a bit apathetic about the chances of a big boycott will be reluctant to drop out. If unrest grows with continuing losses, then that number not going would raise towards the end of the season and hopefully seeing increasing numbers not going will encourage others to sack it off too.

Attendance isn't going to drop overnight, I think breaking less than 40000 will be a big ask even if the summer is absolutely horrendous.

I've not been in the gound for kick off in the last couple of season other than Norwich last season when I got a freebie in a box so if there's loads outside by the time I turn up I can easily decide not to go in.

A right twatting (which is likely) on Monday might help this gain momentum.

I've not been in the gound for kick off in the last couple of season other than Norwich last season when I got a freebie in a box so if there's loads outside by the time I turn up I can easily decide not to go in.

A right twatting (which is likely) on Monday might help this gain momentum.

Problem there is they've decided on gathering in the back garden, so you won't know as you approach the quiet front door.

Needs leaders as much as followers though DK, be an example :)