nostalgia and childhood memories

Dr Gloom

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just reminded me of the highlight of my schooling.

Lower 6th form, Old Folk's Christmas party, me and three mates were asked if we'd drag up and do "Nobody Loves a Fairy When She's 40".

We were allowed some input for our costume, so I decided I'd be Punk Rocker Slut fairy.

One of the female PE teachers ( fit as fuck, as standard),was also my A-level Geography teacher, and, as usual, we were talking bollocks in class with her when my choice of costume came up in conversation.

She said she had something for me which she'd bring in the following day before our dress rehearsal. ( the actual performance was a week away).

Next day, I'm sitting in the common room with the lads when she comes sashaying by and drops me a bag and says here's that thing for your show.

"Cheers miss!" , waited til she'd gone, had the standard perv talk with the lads, then opened the bag.

Purple silk bra, knickers, sussy belt with black lace and fishnets!

:gettin:

Naturally, I was straight off to the bogs to "try them on", the bra was way to small, sussy belt fitted ( I was a slim bastard then :lol: ) and the knickers were judged by the lads as too obscene- although the they did make a smashing mask, think Spiderperv and you'll get the drift.

So aye, I had in my possession, for a week, the slinky lingerie of one of the fittest teachers in the school.

Suffice to say that , even after washing them post performance, I'm surprised she didn't get pregnant.

Even by 16yr old's standards, I was an empty husk by the time I handed them back. :lol:

Lower 6th form, Old Folk's Christmas party, me and three mates were asked if we'd drag up and do "Nobody Loves a Fairy When She's 40".

We were allowed some input for our costume, so I decided I'd be Punk Rocker Slut fairy.

One of the female PE teachers ( fit as fuck, as standard),was also my A-level Geography teacher, and, as usual, we were talking bollocks in class with her when my choice of costume came up in conversation.

She said she had something for me which she'd bring in the following day before our dress rehearsal. ( the actual performance was a week away).

Next day, I'm sitting in the common room with the lads when she comes sashaying by and drops me a bag and says here's that thing for your show.

"Cheers miss!" , waited til she'd gone, had the standard perv talk with the lads, then opened the bag.

Naturally, I was straight off to the bogs to "try them on", the bra was way to small, sussy belt fitted ( I was a slim bastard then :lol: ) and the knickers were judged by the lads as too obscene- although the they did make a smashing mask, think Spiderperv and you'll get the drift.

So aye, I had in my possession, for a week, the slinky lingerie of one of the fittest teachers in the school.

Suffice to say that , even after washing them post performance, I'm surprised she didn't get pregnant.

Even by 16yr old's standards, I was an empty husk by the time I handed them back. :lol:

:lol: This story has everything.

:lol:

'empty husk'

And the singer from Aswad. Which has just reminded me that they managed to get the line "Yes me a chat 'bout Colin Jackson" into a top 10 single. Impressive.

Brinsley's a local celeb round our way, used to see him walking his dogs on the beach, usually being abused on two fronts....either some smart arse going up to him and uttering "Alright Brinsley?..dont turn around mate, ho ho.." or the more niche but cooly retro sininging of the Double Deckers theme tune...well that was me, once, after a night out follwed by watching the sun come up on the beach and seeing him minding his own business out for an early morning stroll with his mutt...tbh he deserved it for Aswad's later more commercial output... an ting..

When i moved to the North East in 1974 i lived in Felling it was by the bypass not to far from Gateshead Stadium. Me and my mates used to go to the stadium to watch Brendan Foster train his trainer Stan Long's daughter was in my class at Felling High School. Anyway me and my mates used to play footy on the pitch just at the bottom of the stadium sometimes if we were lucky the nets were left out on the goalposts. One day we were all playing shooting & crossing in when this big car pulled up alongside the pitch 2 guys got out one carrying a camera we thought we're done for here. Just then one of the guys shouts pass it over then i got a proper look at him now i couldn't believe it it was SuperMac we had a bit of a kick about then the guy started taking photos it turned out he was from Shoot (football comic) 2 weeks later there it was in Shoot a picture of me and SuperMac.

A couple of years later my mam & dad went to the world premier of the Likely Lads first film it was at the ABC on Westgate Rd (dad was a big Likely Lads fan) anyway they got their way to early and were just hanging round they'd been there about 10 minutes and SuperMac came round the corner asked my dad "if he was waiting to see the movie" dad said yes SuperMac said follow me he took them in the side door were they got to meet all the cast Rodney Bewes etc (James Bowlam never turned up) it probably means fuck all to a lot of people but they're a couple of nice memories as a young 'un.

I was absolutely convinced my old man and Supermac were mates, due to the ridiculous number of times we'd bump into him on Grey St.( with hindsight, he'd have been on his way to/from his boutique on High Bridge, hep cat that he was :lol: ).

He'd always stop and have a brief chat, which to my 5-6 yr old mind was like having a natter with Him upstairs.

Probably worth saying that Pa Fist did nothing to put me right for at least 10 years, the old twat :lol:

Remember the ABC cinema on Westgate Road. Got in underage to see Leathal Weapon 2 (featuring Patsy Kensit's chebs). Think it was the Cannon cinema by then. Must've closed down about 25 years ago now ffs

Aaaahh, patsy kensit, her chebs and general fit as fuckness in her heyday. She definitely contributed to my own lethal weapon and god bless her for that.

Great SuperMac stories lads. :good:

I remember how big cinemas seemed when I was a kid and later realising how false that was, firstly when the ABC on Ocean road was knocked down to make way for a car park for about ten cars and then when what was the Gaumont when I was a kid was turned into a wine bar with the interior more or less intact and looked tiny.

Are you lot old enough to remember the Haymarket cinema, or am I showing my age?

Can't remember that, although I did see Flash Gordon at the Jesmond Picture House.

Can't remember that, although I did see Flash Gordon at the Jesmond Picture House.

Spent a lot of time in there, trod a lot of sweets into the ground, ruined a lot of films by needing a wee five minutes before the end. :gettin:

Are you lot old enough to remember the Haymarket cinema, or am I showing my age?

Aye Mr Fist i remember queing up for about 2 hours to see Jaws at the haymarket cinema for me the best cinema in town was The Queens i remember seeing Close Encounters of the Third Kind there i think Tommy was on there as well the screen was massive .