Survey for Newcastle United

Liam67

Hello, my name is Liam and I am in Year 12 at Samaritan College living in Whyalla, South Australia. I am currently working on m Research Project and as part of my research, I must conduct a survey for 10 football fanatics, 20 Newcastle United supporters (10 who are obsessed and 10 who do not mind watching the game) and also 10 supporters of any other club. This survey needs to be responded with efficient answers.

Q1. Do you support Newcastle United?

Yes No

If so, tell me the reason why you support Newcastle United:

Q2. What is your age?

Less than 13 years 13-17 years 18-24 years 25-31 years 31-34 years More than 35 years

Q3. How long have you been watching the Premier League?

Less than 3 months 3-6 months 6-12 months 1-3 years More than 5 years

Q4. Do you pay attention to the coaching tactics used by any club (locally, nationally or internationally)?

Yes No

Q5. What do you think Newcastle can do to improve their overall performance based on competitions such as the Premier League and other cups (such as Capital One Cup and FA Cup)?

Q6. On a scale from 0 to 10 (0 being worst, 10 being best), how efficient do you think Newcastle's coaching tactics have been in the past 10 years and more than 10 years ago?

Q7. What formation would you think suit Newcastle United the best? And why would you think so?

Q8. Which position do we need more players for (by using transfers)?

Defense Midfield Forward

Why do you think so?

Q9. Which of the following training drills would suit Newcastle United?

Laternal Bound Drill Dot Drill

Equipment needed: Bungee cord Equipment needed: None

What to do: 3-5 sets per session, 5-7 reps, 2 times per week What to do: 3-5 sets, Reps 10-15 seconds, 3 times per week

Muscles worked: Glutes, Quadriceps, Calves, Core Muscles worked: Major leg muscles

Foot Fire Drill Chaos Mirror Drill

Equipment needed: Medicine ball (or football) Equipment needed: 2 cones, 5-10 metres apart, 2 people

What to do: 10-15 seconds per set, 3 sets, 3-4 times per week What to do: Each set = up to 20 seconds, 3-5 sets per session, twice a week

Muscles worked: Leg muscles (especially calves), Achilles Muscles worked: Major leg muscles

Why do you think so?

Q10. What are your thoughts of the recent departure of Newcastle's manager Alan Pardew? Was it the right decision from the public to force Pardew to depart? What are your thoughts on new manager John Carver?

Thank you for the participation of this survey.

Hello, my name is Liam and I am in Year 12 at Samaritan College living in Whyalla, South Australia. I am currently working on m Research Project and as part of my research, I must conduct a survey for 10 football fanatics, 20 Newcastle United supporters (10 who are obsessed and 10 who do not mind watching the game) and also 10 supporters of any other club. This survey needs to be responded with efficient answers.

Q1. Do you support Newcastle United?

Yes No

If so, tell me the reason why you support Newcastle United:

Q2. What is your age?

Less than 13 years 13-17 years 18-24 years 25-31 years 31-34 years More than 35 years

Q3. How long have you been watching the Premier League?

Less than 3 months 3-6 months 6-12 months 1-3 years More than 5 years

Q4. Do you pay attention to the coaching tactics used by any club (locally, nationally or internationally)?

Yes No

Q5. What do you think Newcastle can do to improve their overall performance based on competitions such as the Premier League and other cups (such as Capital One Cup and FA Cup)?

Q6. On a scale from 0 to 10 (0 being worst, 10 being best), how efficient do you think Newcastle's coaching tactics have been in the past 10 years and more than 10 years ago?

Q7. What formation would you think suit Newcastle United the best? And why would you think so?

Q8. Which position do we need more players for (by using transfers)?

Defense Midfield Forward

Why do you think so?

Q9. Which of the following training drills would suit Newcastle United?

Laternal Bound Drill Dot Drill

Equipment needed: Bungee cord Equipment needed: None

What to do: 3-5 sets per session, 5-7 reps, 2 times per week What to do: 3-5 sets, Reps 10-15 seconds, 3 times per week

Muscles worked: Glutes, Quadriceps, Calves, Core Muscles worked: Major leg muscles

Foot Fire Drill Chaos Mirror Drill

Equipment needed: Medicine ball (or football) Equipment needed: 2 cones, 5-10 metres apart, 2 people

What to do: 10-15 seconds per set, 3 sets, 3-4 times per week What to do: Each set = up to 20 seconds, 3-5 sets per session, twice a week

Muscles worked: Leg muscles (especially calves), Achilles Muscles worked: Major leg muscles

Why do you think so?

Q10. What are your thoughts of the recent departure of Newcastle's manager Alan Pardew? Was it the right decision from the public to force Pardew to depart? What are your thoughts on new manager John Carver?

Thank you for the participation of this survey.

Happy to answer your survey, but I think you'd get more answers if you were using an online survey facility like Survey Monkey. It's free, will format the questions for you and also let you assess the collected data afterwards. :good:

This is a difficult question to answer.

The manager & coaches have changed so often (we've changed manager 11 times in the past 10 years) that it's difficult to rate them as a whole. Some managers were good, some were awful.

When you say "coaching tactics" do you mean their approach to training sessions, or their coaching of game tactics?

If it's the former I'd say that our coaches have been piss poor for a long time, as evidenced by the number of muscle strain injuries and how often players re-injure themselves in their recovery period.

If it's the latter I'd say that the coaches we had 10 years ago were better, mainly because that includes Sir Bobby Robson & Keegan.

You've either got to reduce the time frame or allow for a more anecdotal answer.

So either:

On a scale of 1-10 how efficient are Newcastle's coaching tactics?

or

What's your opinion of the efficiency of Newcastle's coaching tactics over the past 10 years?

But you'd still need to clarify what you mean by "coaching tactics", as I touched on before.

Hope that helps and doesn't across too condescending/patronising.