What would it take

The Fish

if we won the premier league, i'd probably let bygones be bygones too noelie.

i wouldn't forgive him under the scenario you outlined fish, though i would start moaning about him a lot less, and concentrating more on (and hopefully enjoying) the football again, which is what it's all about.

Edited by Dr Gloom

if we won the premier league, i'd probably let bygones be bygones too noelie.

i wouldn't forgive him under the scenario you outlined fish, though i would start moaning about him a lot less, and concentrating more on (and hopefully enjoying) the football again, which is what it's all about.

I think thats it for me too tbh.

Him doing the job properly (which is what I would consider that scenario) wouldn't excuse his past fuck ups and cuntery.

If he went full abramovich and we suddenly for splashing out on great players and managers, winning things then I would begin to excuse him those things.

Can't say I'd ever forgive him.

Him finally investing enough money into the playing side, getting and keeping us competitive all leading to something improbable like winning a title like the Fish outlined would make me moan less about him and pipe down but I'd never forgive him. Too much bad blood tbh, he has done too many actions to harm the clubs history and fan base.

Agree with Ewerk's point that he has fuck all to offer besides money, any upturn on the pitch would simply be on account of him being less of a greedy cunt and arguably just doing what a football club owner really should be doing (from a fans perspective). No one would have begrudged him trying to get the club to profitability but it's the cut throat way he has done it that has made his position unforgivable.

To be forgiven he'd have have a total rethink on his whole ethos, he'd have to admit he's been wrong, he'd not only promise better but deliver on it too, he'd have to shut one of his accounts down, comedy or football and stop the constant posts alluding to Garde becoming our manager and winning cups under Ashley.

To be forgiven he'd have have a total rethink on his whole ethos, he'd have to admit he's been wrong, he'd not only promise better but deliver on it too, he'd have to shut one of his accounts down, comedy or football and stop the constant posts alluding to Garde becoming our manager and winning cups under Ashley.

:lol:

I think I'd probably move on from my current feelings if it became enjoyable to support the club again (i.e. we were in the position we were in the halcyon Keegan days). Not saying I'd forgive him if we got there, but I'd 'nothing' him, rather than actively despise him.

I just want to enjoy supporting the fucking club again.

As far as Ashley's concerned, it's a moot point Fish makes as he's never going to do anything to make up for his ownership for the majority of supporters unless there's some who will see a season of top eight football hidden among seasons of abject shit as some sort of justification he wasn't too bad after all. The man is unforgivable for me.

The only thing I enjoy about supporting nufc these days is the craic on here, and even that and leaves a bit to be desired compared to the halcyon days of blaydon, fop, Leazesmag et al

Edited by Dr Gloom

The only thing I enjoy about supporting nufc these days is the craic on here, and even that and leaves a bit to be desired compared to the halcyon days of blaydon, foo, Leazesmag et Al

:lol: Aye that's the sad reality tbh, it's been a long long time since we saw a proper game of football played by Newcastle. Even when we win we're mostly shite and end up clinging on at the end anyway. Fanks Mikey.

What if we saw sustained improvement on the pitch?

e.g. Remi Garde is announced as new Head Coach & brings with him a competent coaching staff.

We sign five or six 1st teamers for various moderate fees, whose talent ranges between Cabaye &, say, Colback.

Garde has us playing good football and we get to a quarter and a semi final, then finish 8th in the league.

Next season we add another three or four players to the squad and see similar fortunes in the cup & finish 7-9th once more

Season after we win a cup, finish 10th.

From then on we see consolidation and steady improvement. By 2020/21 we're seen as outsiders for the title, dark horses for CL but likely Europa League and decent chance of a cup too. We still will sell if someone pays the premium, but the club ethos is less a revolving door, and more like, say, Spurs.

If that happened (it won't because that would take him thinking of the football team as point of the business rather than as a vehicle to support SD)I would be happy with that status and impressed that he'd changed his attitude from what it's been up to now. But I still wouldn't forgive him for being the utter cunt that he's been up to now.

The question is more correctly posed as follows:

If the fans sued Mike Ashley for the injury caused by his reign, how much damages would the High Court deem he owed the club and the city?

Then, if he paid that amount, sold the club, then spent the next month in Fenwicks window living in a pig sty fed only on pig swill, and was then frog-marched to the nearest TV station to announce to the nation he's leaving Newcastle forever, and begged for forgiveness after reading out a prepared statement detailing every bastard thing he's done wrong.....

Then would you say, I forgive you Mike, go in peace and live your life

I'm on the fence really. I think I'd still tell him to fuck off.

:icon_lol: