Are you going to the game on Sunday?

Happy Face

Are you going to the game on Sunday?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but then I've not gone since Hughton was sacked. :lol:

Edit: not "Supafanning" here btw, just stating a fact. My attendance was declining before he got the push, due to kids and work and that, but when they announced The King as his replacement, that was my "fuck you" moment.

No. Only been to man city and the mackems at home this season . Aways no further north than west brom (I live on the south coast) Didnt go to the derby at the sol for the first time since they opened the fuckin shithole.

My best friend who's father took me to my first Newcastle match is going though...."they need me" is his attitude :lol:

Edited by PaddockLad

Got a Season Ticket, but I'll be missing this one. Way I see it is if you're going to moan like fuck about something online then you should do something about it, and going against a boycott/protest doesn't sit right with me.

Sadly the consensus between my mates and other lads I know my age is 'I'm going, boycott won't make a difference'.

Got a Season Ticket, but I'll be missing this one. Way I see it is if you're going to moan like fuck about something online then you should do something about it, and going against a boycott/protest doesn't sit right with me.

Sadly the consensus between my mates and other lads I know my age is 'I'm going, boycott won't make a difference'.

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

I would say that I haven't seen it on here, but a militant attitude against those going in needs to be avoided by those protesting. If you just give those attending a load of grief then they're far more likely to be against any future protests/boycotts than to join them.

Need to avoid any fans vs. fans nonsense.

original poster asked for a reason if voting YES, and as the only Yes voter so far seems reasonable to give my reason for attending:

- booking of train and tickets been ongoing for weeks before I first heard about a boycott

- getting into Newcastle about half 2 from Edinburgh (via Glasgow) so should have necked a few lagers by half 3 when I'll pop over to have a look at/support what's going on outside the Gallowgate end

- don't want to show anyone up in the Leazes Park during a kickabout so I'm heading inside to support the team

I would say that I haven't seen it on here, but a militant attitude against those going in needs to be avoided by those protesting. If you just give those attending a load of grief then they're far more likely to be against any future protests/boycotts than to join them.

Need to avoid any fans vs. fans nonsense.

Aye I agree.

Hopefully if the straw poll conducted by The Chronicle was anything to go by the majority are boycotting they polled 74% not going. I'll be amazed if it happens if it does it sends out a clear message.

Nah. Normally go with me dad, brother and a few mates. None of us are going. Be hanging about the gallowgate before kick off then somewhere to watch the match. Season tickets canceled this week. 180 loyalty points and years of loyal support home and away lost but can't continue to support what they are now. As cheesy as it sounds I have literally fallen out of love with the club. Would go back at the drop of a hat if a new owner comes in, otherwise I'm out for the long haul.

original poster asked for a reason if voting YES, and as the only Yes voter so far seems reasonable to give my reason for attending:

- booking of train and tickets been ongoing for weeks before I first heard about a boycott

- getting into Newcastle about half 2 from Edinburgh (via Glasgow) so should have necked a few lagers by half 3 when I'll pop over to have a look at/support what's going on outside the Gallowgate end

- don't want to show anyone up in the Leazes Park during a kickabout so I'm heading inside to support the team

You can come for a pint with us if you like?