Are you going to the game on Sunday?

Happy Face

Are you going to the game on Sunday?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It pretty much sums it up for me so I thought I'd pinch it. ;)

Sir Dan Wilson reckons it's one short of calling people scabs like - good.

I think he's a clever bloke - but his pro Ashley stance is fucking bizarre.

He's a total wank who can hardly get a sentence out in person due to his lack of confidence apparently.

That's the bellend that's been chatting me up today.

You should have seen his mate who was on to me and @@Gemmill Fucking loons :lol:

:lol: He's a weapons grade knacker, that lad. I remember him saying that, if he was on the same pitch as Cazorla after he chipped that pen past Alnwick, he'd have kicked him all over. Right, you are.

I can understand how based on twitter pish you could think that but I've had numerous pints with him in South Shields though, and he's a really canny kid. First time I turned out with him was 18 month ago or so and we had a really good laugh. The one thing about him though is he's massively keen on the alternative view. Loads of kids are like that, but so is he, if you think having a big cock is good he'll put an argument up for having a one incher. If you think there's nowt worse than piles, he'll argue till he's blue in the face that it's a good sign that your body is doing its' job. Overall though he's a reasonably intelligent accountant, who's decent patter in person but could dee with a haircut.

If folk took the blinkers off a few years ago we wouldn't be at this stage, the boycott should have happened a long time ago. Me and a a lot of others wrapped our ST's then and vowed never to return until he fucked off, it was clear what he was at the club to do and a boycott was mentioned at the time but many just buried their heads in the sand hoping in vain that the club's attitude would become more ambitious. Now everyone has seen sense, but his feet are firmly under the table and he has no reason to fuck off, the fans are irrelevant to him now.

I can understand how based on twitter pish you could think that but I've had numerous pints with him in South Shields though, and he's a really canny kid. First time I turned out with him was 18 month ago or so and we had a really good laugh. The one thing about him though is he's massively keen on the alternative view. Loads of kids are like that, but so is he, if you think having a big cock is good he'll put an argument up for having a one incher. If you think there's nowt worse than piles, he'll argue till he's blue in the face that it's a good sign that your body is doing its' job. Overall though he's a reasonably intelligent accountant, who's decent patter in person but could dee with a haircut.

Needs to be on his gravestone.

Edited by Sima

Two conflicting thoughts this morning...Ashley is a bullyboy, he's easily hurt. Maybe poking him in the eye enough times will get through to him....the other thing is the likes of Villa Park and the sol being regularly at least 10k below capacity and their owners still being there, chiefly because there's no buyers.....

Two conflicting thoughts this morning...Ashley is a bullyboy, he's easily hurt. Maybe poking him in the eye enough times will get through to him....the other thing is the likes of Villa Park and the sol being regularly at least 10k below capacity and their owners still being there, chiefly because there's no buyers.....

Empty seats at those two grounds, particularly Villa, are absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. After some publicity, a SJP with at least ten thousand empty seats would send a message out to the football world in general and the owner especially. The blokes I used to go to the game with, I'll be staggered if they boycott, they are not internet people, they are middle aged plus, they are creatures of habit and if they have to think too hard about Ashley, the only conclusion they could reach is their presence at the game would support him rather than hurt him. They prefer to go for the pints and live in a bubble. There's a lot like that but I reckon there's a lot who can't just brush it off and away any longer so I'm hoping and believe this will be the best supporter led protest yet. If it doesn't go well or as well as expected, then I reckon people like myself will just conclude we have been fucked from the owner for good, and also fucked from within the support that now embodies the club. I've been having a lot of memories lately of the years around 1989 and the unrest among our support then. The people who went were a hell of a lot more militant than today and I remember as a sixteen year old marching through the town singing anti-board songs and being a bit naughty with others that didn't care for a moribund club who didn't want to do enough to avoid relegation. I remember the the vitriol poured forth at the directors box early in that season as Coventry City, perennial strugglers themselves, went 3-0 up at SJP. I remember getting to to the PL after our club was fumigated and the delight on everybodies faces as we actually tried to compete and made a good fist of it, was a joy after 'trudging through the 80's' as someone on here once wrote. ;) I honestly never thought I'd see this club get relegated again, as bad as the 2009 side were, they were never in the worst three sides in the league on the opening day of that season. One man was the catalyst for relegation, one man decided on all the horror shows that we've endured since, one man has turned away people like myself and is in danger of turning away others who haven't quite snapped far enough to jack, one man has absolutely deflated the mood in this City and the region wherever a Mag resides. A decent sized boycott WILL make a difference. It will be noticed for a start. and in my heart of hearts, anyone staying away WILL feel better about themselves. You can't help it. Look anybody in the eye on Monday and through the week and say 'I stood up, I did my bit'. Or just go like the crowd I used to go with and close your eyes and ears to the death of Newcastle United and pretend to yourselves you are irrelevant. But you are not irrelevant, you are the only relevant factor of our club at this minute. Don't go inside the stadium today, for one match don't go inside and let this thing gather some momentum for the future. Do you care enough to stay away for one game? Do you care enough to make a stand be noticed? The time to act happened ages ago in my opinion, this is the chance to start something so please don't waste it.

HMHM.

Edited by Howmanheyman

:lol: Fair enough. It's the contrariness that winds me up the wrong way actually. It does come across like he's just looking for an argument most of the time.

He's a total wank who can hardly get a sentence out in person due to his lack of confidence apparently.

I've got nothing against him but as a season ticket holder his nihilism regards football in general is astounding.

Empty seats at those two grounds, particularly Villa, are absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. After some publicity, a SJP with at least ten thousand empty seats would send a message out to the football world in general and the owner especially. The blokes I used to go to the game with, I'll be staggered if they boycott, they are not internet people, they are middle aged plus, they are creatures of habit and if they have to think too hard about Ashley, the only conclusion they could reach is their presence at the game would support him rather than hurt him. They prefer to go for the pints and live in a bubble. There's a lot like that but I reckon there's a lot who can't just brush it off and away any longer so I'm hoping and believe this will be the best supporter led protest yet. If it doesn't go well or as well as expected, then I reckon people like myself will just conclude we have been fucked from the owner for good, and also fucked from within the support that now embodies the club. I've been having a lot of memories lately of the years around 1989 and the unrest among our support then. The people who went were a hell of a lot more militant than today and I remember as a sixteen year old marching through the town singing anti-board songs and being a bit naughty with others that didn't care for a moribund club who didn't want to do enough to avoid relegation. I remember the the vitriol poured forth at the directors box early in that season as Coventry City, perennial strugglers themselves, went 3-0 up at SJP. I remember getting to to the PL after our club was fumigated and the delight on everybodies faces as we actually tried to compete and made a good fist of it, was a joy after 'trudging through the 80's' as someone on here once wrote. ;) I honestly never thought I'd see this club get relegated again, as bad as the 2009 side were, they were never in the worst three sides in the league on the opening day of that season. One man was the catalyst for relegation, one man decided on all the horror shows that we've endured since, one man has turned away people like myself and is in danger of turning away others who haven't quite snapped far enough to jack, one man has absolutely deflated the mood in this City and the region wherever a Mag resides. A decent sized boycott WILL make a difference. It will be noticed for a start. and in my heart of hearts, anyone staying away WILL feel better about themselves. You can't help it. Look anybody in the eye on Monday and through the week and say 'I stood up, I did my bit'. Or just go like the crowd I used to go with and close your eyes and ears to the death of Newcastle United and pretend to yourselves you are irrelevant. But you are not irrelevant, you are the only relevant factor of our club at this minute. Don't go inside the stadium today, for one match don't go inside and let this thing gather some momentum for the future. Do you care enough to stay away for one game? Do you care enough to make a stand be noticed? The time to act happened ages ago in my opinion, this is the chance to start something so please don't waste it.

HMHM.

<applause>

My dad is going today, I've been dissuading him all week but he's adamant. He says it'll make no difference anyway, but the truth is he can't bear to pay for something and then not get some 'value' out of it. I suspect there are many more with this myopia. I've paid so I'm going, all else is gravy.

Edited by trophyshy

Well lads & lasses the eyes of the world will be upon St James Park in a few hours i hope as many as possible dont go in the ground. This is your moment as supporters of a fantastic club to start to claim back something that belongs to you & this great city. As Keegan said "he is one man" we are Newcastle United sing loud sing proud stay safe i hope i see thousands of you outside the ground good luck.

I see it more as needing to be a constant threat to Ashley so that he gets a better manager, spends more on transfers, sorts out his ticket policies, his advertising policies and that. I can't see any buyers coming along soon either, but like any government, the thread of revolt has to hang over them to get ANY policies in place to benefit the majority.