Are you going to the game on Sunday?

Happy Face

Are you going to the game on Sunday?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grey seats tend not to stand out at a distance. In the closer shots it's much more obvious.

They just showed another shot of it where it looks pretry full. I'm not disputing there are pockets of empty seats around the ground. Leazes end in particular looks patchy but maybe the old cunts in the east stand missed the memo

What happened to my 'why did they go' thread? Isn't anyone here interested in why anyone would actually go into the stadium today, if they weren't going to either support the team or make any audible protest against Ashley? Because it's confusing the hell out of me.

Aye, there's enough people unaware there even was a protest, so I suppose it could raise awareness for the next attempt (whatever form that takes).

Not possible. It was mentioned this past week multiple times in the Crhron, the BBC local news, the BBC football website, a bunch of national newspapers, Talksport (and surprisingly not even in a trollish way) and I believe even on MOTD/Focus, but I can't be certain on that.

It got loads of coverage both on its own, and alongside the Blackpool mess, and of course because of the financials being posted too.

Got to say that I didn't expect more than 5K to boycott but the photos certainly suggest there was a lot more than that not there. My Dad went so I'll ask him later how many he think it actually was. The TV pictures certainly seemed to show less empty seats than some of the photos that have been on twitter. Of course you don't know when those photos were taken. If some of them were near the end it's reasonable to think some of seats were abandoned by then. Definitely think it's a positive start.

What happened to my 'why did they go' thread? Isn't anyone here interested in why anyone would actually go into the stadium today, if they weren't going to either support the team or make any audible protest against Ashley? Because it's confusing the hell out of me.

I went yesterday. Reason being that the match is just about the only chance I ever get to have a social life not involving the kids. Child care was pre-arranged and no way am I wasting it. I've also cancelled next years ST even though I have great seats in the East stand. So I've only got 3 matches left.

Finding it pretty distasteful people on here, the majority of which don't have an ST they have already paid for, are happy to judge match goers and call them arseholes who deserves what they get. This sanctimonious atitude from those who are giving up fuck all will not further the cause, which is lost in any case. If there's another boycott I'll go anyway now rather than join the judgemental dicks on here telling me what I can and can't do with my free time.

Edited by Renton

I went yesterday. Reason being that the match is just about the only chance I ever get to have a social life not involving the kids. Child care was pre-arranged and no way am I wasting it. I've also cancelled next years ST even though I have great seats in the East stand. So I've only got 3 matches left.

Finding it pretty distasteful people on here, the majority of which don't have an ST they have already paid for, are happy to judge match goers and call them arseholes who deserves what they get. This sanctimonious atitude from those who are giving up fuck all will not further the cause, which is lost in any case. If there's another boycott I'll go anyway now rather than join the judgemental dicks on here telling me what I can and can't do with my free time.

tumblr_lh1sve2s9d1qg3ycwo1_500.jpg