Are you going to the game on Sunday?

Happy Face

Are you going to the game on Sunday?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went yesterday. Reason being that the match is just about the only chance I ever get to have a social life not involving the kids. Child care was pre-arranged and no way am I wasting it. I've also cancelled next years ST even though I have great seats in the East stand. So I've only got 3 matches left.

Finding it pretty distasteful people on here, the majority of which don't have an ST they have already paid for, are happy to judge match goers and call them arseholes who deserves what they get. This sanctimonious atitude from those who are giving up fuck all will not further the cause, which is lost in any case. If there's another boycott I'll go anyway now rather than join the judgemental dicks on here telling me what I can and can't do with my free time.

Saw it go both ways yesterday, one of the crew I used to go with say he wasn't going to be dictated to by spotty kids who weren't there when we were shit and playing the likes of Shrewsbury. I told him I'm not spotty, not a kid and have also seen us play against Shrewsbury. Was laughed at, at first by them. I also saw people mocked who went to the game which equally, doesn't help. Are you planning to still go to some games next year or is that it once your season ticket runs out?

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha what a tart. I cancelled my season ticket this week and lost 180 loyalty points in the process. Will you still renew when carver is confirmed as head coach?

Eh? No, I've cancelled and don't think I'll ever renew. But that's my choice and what I'm not going to do is judge my friends who aren't cancelling.

Honestly, people should step back and look at the bollocks written on this thread. As if Ashley gives a shit on people boycotting. We're customers, the only thing you can do on a personal level is stop using the service if you don't like it. That's what I'm doing, but its each to their own Imo.

Saw it go both ways yesterday, one of the crew I used to go with say he wasn't going to be dictated to by spotty kids who weren't there when we were shit and playing the likes of Shrewsbury. I told him I'm not spotty, not a kid and have also seen us play against Shrewsbury. Was laughed at, at first by them. I also saw people mocked who went to the game which equally, doesn't help. Are you planning to still go to some games next year or is that it once your season ticket runs out?

If the football improves I will probably take in a couple of games, otherwise no. It's piss poor value. Have to say in all honesty I've stopped caring about the club. It's not just Ashley (although he's the biggest issue), its the whole game in general. I'd rather spend the money on holidays Tbh.

Although there is an element of will ashley care if people boycott when the tickets already paid for, I think the reason people have done it is that it makes a bigger statement that season ticket holders who have already paid can stay away. There's loads who's only reason for still attending is because it's paid for.

Attendances will drop off dramatically next year. Possibly sub 40k

Edited by JaMoUsE

I went yesterday. Reason being that the match is just about the only chance I ever get to have a social life not involving the kids. Child care was pre-arranged and no way am I wasting it. I've also cancelled next years ST even though I have great seats in the East stand. So I've only got 3 matches left.

Finding it pretty distasteful people on here, the majority of which don't have an ST they have already paid for, are happy to judge match goers and call them arseholes who deserves what they get. This sanctimonious atitude from those who are giving up fuck all will not further the cause, which is lost in any case. If there's another boycott I'll go anyway now rather than join the judgemental dicks on here telling me what I can and can't do with my free time.

Be honest, which is your favourite? Mike Ashley or scousers?

If there's another boycott I'll go anyway now rather than join the judgemental dicks on here telling me what I can and can't do with my free time.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Well it's pretty easy for you to not turn up whilst criticising those that do. You don't think this attitude is counterproductive?

Answer me, why would Mike Ashley gives a shit if I don't turn up for a game I've already paid for?

So your reason for going was because it's one of the few opportunities you get to spend time with your mates? If so then why not go and watch the match in the pub?

As you say, it's easy for OOTs to criticise those who have gone but I do accept the argument that those who went to the match deserve some of the shit that Ashley is serving us. The match goers yesterday aren't necessarily part of the problem but they aren't helping to find a solution.

Well it's pretty easy for you to not turn up whilst criticising those that do. You don't think this attitude is counterproductive?

Answer me, why would Mike Ashley gives a shit if I don't turn up for a game I've already paid for?

Because you would be part of a larger group not turning up. Large pockets of empty seats is bad for business. Commercial partners, corporate events, sponsors, Sky, none of them want empty stadia. It's already a massive story, taking headlines from Chelsea v Man Utd, & FA Cup semi-finals.

Yeah it's easy for me to say it's frustrating and disappointing to see so many fans who would rather sit through utter horseshit for 90 minutes a lot of them having the fucking cheek to then boo or leave early, rather than actually do something to change the status quo. It's easy for me to say it, because nobody has given a good reason for their attendance. "I paid for it and I do it every other weekend" doesn't say much for the long-term view.

You could have sat with the same crowd, drank better beer, sang songs, had laughs and been part of something important. Hell, you'd probably have saved money on the beer!

But then, what the fuck do I know?

I actually respect what Ashley.Out.com is trying to achieve. But I think the way some people are talking on here is not going to encourage buy in, quite the contrary.

I have 3 matches left now which have cost me about 100 quid. I'm going to go to them, meet friends, have and hopefully good time, whatever dross us served up on the pitch. Then that's me done, no more money wasted on Mike Ashley. My seats will be resold straight away so it will have no impact on him like. And with 75% of revenue coming from TV there's nothing the fans can realistically do to impact him.

I actually respect what Ashley.Out.com is trying to achieve. But I think the way some people are talking on here is not going to encourage buy in, quite the contrary.

I have 3 matches left now which have cost me about 100 quid. I'm going to go to them, meet friends, have and hopefully good time, whatever dross us served up on the pitch. Then that's me done, no more money wasted on Mike Ashley. My seats will be resold straight away so it will have no impact on him like. And with 75% of revenue coming from TV there's nothing the fans can realistically do to impact him.

Ashleyout have been at pains to convey a message of unity and asking people in the stadium to protest too.

They printed 20,000 banners for people in the stadium to get onto the telly.

Were they collected as people went through the turnstyles cos I don't think I saw any.

Haha what a tart. I cancelled my season ticket this week and lost 180 loyalty points in the process. Will you still renew when carver is confirmed as head coach?

Do you lose them?

Someone told me you don't. You'll still have a nufc.co.uk login and they're associated to that, not the ST.

No?

I didn't see a single banner. What are AshleyOut.com hoping to achieve? A decent managerial appointment and money spent on players or his selling the club? Maybe I'm too defeatist but I can't see either ever happening.

Edit: on second thoughts guess the clue is in the name. ;)

Edited by Renton

I didn't see a single banner. What are AshleyOut.com hoping to achieve? A decent managerial appointment and money spent on players or his selling the club? Maybe I'm too defeatist but I can't see either ever happening.

It might be something as simple as better communication with the fans, it might be Ashley actively courting buyers.

I think the defeatist attitude is the biggest source of frustration as it's self-fulfilling.

They want Ashley to go. It is not something that is achievable in the current climate, but like with Pardew, if an opportunity does come along for Ashley it's best that he is as inclined to grasp it as possible. 52000 pliant consumers munching hotdogs in wonga strips wont convince him he can't keep getting away with.

Personally I only hope the pressure put on him is enough to ensure a better manager and investment in players & coaching staff.

I fear the people in the stadium were probably as disengaged from the boycott as you were. It was widely publicised where posters were available even if you didn't happen to come across one of the volunteers handing them out.

You must lead a fucking shit life if that abomination of a team supplies your social life.

Being self righteous about other supporters isn't going to magic a buyer out of the ether. You're wasting your time and energy thinking you're going to change people's minds by looking down your nose at them .

Do you lose them?

Someone told me you don't. You'll still have a nufc.co.uk login and they're associated to that, not the ST.

No?

No - you can reclaim a membership number associated with a lapsed ST but you lose the points.

I lost my points and my mate who went back this year after a couple of years off was told categorically he couldn't have them back despite him buying several platinum club STs.

Cheers.

I'm not sure why .com are choosing to underplay this...

CDCc6B7VAAAoP2s.jpg

With statements like

Quite how many people made a conscious decision to join the boycott - as opposed to just staying away from a Sunday live TV one as they pick and choose games - is difficult to estimate

Not in the dying moments of the worst defeats to the Mackems or Liverpool was the stadium as sparsley populated. Horseshit to pass it off as people staying home cos it was on Sky.

Then there's this..

Pre and post-match protests outside the Gallowgate End were loud and well attended but again it is difficult to gauge how many present were season ticket holders, regular attendees or just casual protestors.

All this after stating..

That fan protest saw around 10,000 empty seats in the stadium at kickoff time

So in the spoace of 2 weeks ashleyout has galvanized 10,000 people to take action against Ashley. But they pass it off saying...

Rather than rebellion, indifference is the over-riding feeling

If anyone is indifferent to something happening it's NUFC.com

Being self righteous about other supporters isn't going to magic a buyer out of the ether. You're wasting your time and energy thinking you're going to change people's minds by looking down your nose at them .

Nothing self righteous about it, just a mere observation.