Adam Johnson

It's interesting that Sunderland haven't suspended Johnson and have still made him available for selection. I don't know if this outlines how desperate they are to avoid relegation by refusing to suspend their best player or whether they know something that we don't?

One thing that probably is certain, is that I cannot see certain welfare groups being too happy about this decision and it wouldn't surprise me for Sunderland to eventually suspend him anyway.

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am chuckling (sort of) at the morons on RTG equating this with the footballer rape trials. The thing being in thos trials (apart from Ched Evans) the footballers argued successfully that women went back to their rooms, houses etc. and in so doing consented to have sex (huge leap I know but). However as the girl is under 16 if he touched her sexually anywhere no matter what the circs it is sexual assault. Also the grooming thing is huge, if he didn't meet her at a club but maybe on line and talked her into a sexual act he is double fucked and will never play football again.

Aye they're fucking ridiculous tbh.

They're all now preaching the innocent until proven guilty line which while true doesn't make what their club are doing ethically right tbh, they're doing what they always do which is moving the goalposts, first they were happy he was back in the fold as he hadn't been charged with anything but now he's charged well it's innocent until proven guilty. This lot were on the front lines of moral rights when we played Barton after he assaulted another bloke, now their fighting for scraps of gray in order to justify playing a bloke who is being charged with sexually assaulting a minor. They also gave him a standing ovation. I bet all of their sponsors are over the moon with this btw.

The SMB is unbelievable. We're talking about a 27 year old man having sex with someone legally defined as a child, and they are trying to explain it away with "Ere man, if ya gan to France, it's leyyygal!"

Minging.

Not excusing or defending Johnson but ..................I recall my first success at wick-dipping was with a 15 year old Gateshead lass. Mind you I was only 17 not 27. She had finished school and was working at the Co-op. School leaving age was 14 - 15 in them days.

It seemed common place in those halcyon days and the only thing wrong was getting found out by her parents which was pretty unlikely when it was consensual, an' aal the lads an' lasses wer deeing it.

Is it really that much of a criminal offence if it was consentual? I actually do agree with the point from mackem Fans that it wouldn't even be an offence in France. Here in Germany it would only be a criminal offence under certain conditions, e. g. the girl not being able to express her free will.

Even if by English law the girl has to be considered to be a child I can think of worse "acceptable" crimes to commit, e. g. drink driving, assault or grievious bodily harm that often don't lead to severe consequences.

Consensual or otherwise, she was 15 ffs. She sat her SATs last year

:lol: Aye.

The age of consent is 13 in Japan and that's about as relevant as France's age of consent in this matter. Tbh I don't really think it's all that great a 27 year old bloke shagging a 16 year old even though it's legal I'd still judge a mate that done that. The fact of the matter is if he has done this he's a nonce by law, the girl is a minor in England it's irrelevant what France's view on the matter is. The bloke has a wife and a kid and he's allegedly shagging a lass who can't even apply for her drivers license and is still a year off possibly being able to leave school, he's fucking rank if it's true man and the mackems want to have their heads shaken for trying to argue it's okay that he plays now he's being charged.

Obviously it's a crime in the Uk and i agree that in that respect it is totally irrelevant if it is legal in other countries. All I am about is the extent of the crime tbh and in that respect I do think that the perspective that the "Crime" is legal (though not necessarily morally accepted) in other western countries is of relevance.

As I said, I'd throw the book at other people and can't see what the big fuss is about.