Swansea match thread, I guess

Monroe Transfer

Carver: "I can't be too critical of anyone in that dressing room. We are not ready to quit and throw in towel. Me and rest of my staff."

Who gives a fuck what Carver says to be honest, Trooper?

Him, Charnley etc, woefully over-promoted.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garde???? Lol what a laff. Nothing like hopeless optimism.. If the likes of Mclaren and sherwood won't come why would garde?

We will get either Carver or an old school relic whos been out of the game for years, or someone who's had a bad few years with a point to prove (michael appleton, poyet, curbishley? O leary etc)

I wouldnt bet against them having already approached monkey's heed or dicanio, just to fuck us off.

(............................................)

That's my textual representation of one long exhalation, the only thing that comes to mind when trying to think of something to say in this thread.

Garde???? Lol what a laff. Nothing like hopeless optimism.. If the likes of Mclaren and sherwood won't come why would garde?

We will get either Carver or an old school relic whos been out of the game for years, or someone who's had a bad few years with a point to prove (michael appleton, poyet, curbishley? O leary etc)

I wouldnt bet against them having already approached monkey's heed or dicanio, just to fuck us off.

At no point did I say we'd go for him. But we do need someone like that otherwise we're going down.

Aye, I'd almost be tempted to just give Derby the money for McClaren as soon as they finish next week. Not that he's the saviour or owt but if he's going to come in, just get him now. We need an actual coach to come in and sort this lot out. The defence, man. All you've got to do is get in the box and you've probably scored.

Aye, I'd almost be tempted to just give Derby the money for McClaren as soon as they finish next week. Not that he's the saviour or owt but if he's going to come in, just get him now. We need an actual coach to come in and sort this lot out. The defence, man. All you've got to do is get in the box and you've probably scored.

Fully agree. That third goal by Swansea was utterly tragic defending. Villa have just pulled level away to Man City, this is the worry, the teams around us are battling while our lot chucked the towel in 3 month ago.

I hope we do go down, i hope he gets none of that bloody sky money, and i hope he realises that he's been very lucky up til now his gambles have paid out,

Then i hope he fucks off

Totally disagree - I hate what he does done to the club as much as the next man but whilst he deserves a club nosediving down the leagues, 'we' don't...

If us getting relegated came with a guarantee of him selling the club to someone who cares about it, different story.

Not to mention the Championship is a decent league. I'd rather see us toiling away in the Prem than struggling in the Championship. A decent manager (long shot) could do alright here even under Ashley's constraints.

I do care about our status, but like I said if we do go down maybe I'll at least start to care less. I get next to nothing out of supporting this club, so why bother?

Trying to get promoted from the Championship would be a lot more interesting than trying to exist in the Premiership. And if it costs that cunt money to do it, all the better. Of course the fans don't deserve it, but nor do they deserve what is getting served up at the minute. At least relegation would inconvenience that fat prick.

I still have this deluded glimmer of hope that we'll stay up and appoint a decent manager like Garde, and we'll make some inroads in the transfer window simply because we'd have to. And then who knows? At best a decent manager would make watching the club half enjoyable again. Rather have that in the Prem than in the Championship. Not sure we'd have what it takes to be in the promotion race anyway were we to go down.

To be honest when we got relegated in 09 I was gutted but went along with the "the club could benefit from this; removing the deadwood, the players on silly wages from the previous era, giving youth a chance (Carroll), and sticking with players who are loyal to the club and feel they owe something to the fans" belief. I thought fuck it, surely this won't happen again, and Ashley will have to learn from this. Was a great season in the Championship and I was fairly content with the club until it sacked Hughton. The fifth season was enjoyable but even then I never felt the affinity with Pardew that I felt with Hughton. Aside from that one peak my disdain with the club has just grown and grown to the point where I'm wondering if it's all worth it.

He has to if he wants to protect his investment. If we stay down then he loses a lot of money, and the business that he actually gives a fuck about loses all of its free global advertising.

If we stay up there will be no change though MT regardless of who is appointed manager, unless it is Carver in which case we'll be on our way down when he eventually gets the sack in the autumn. Theres the square root of fuck all to look forward to in either case.

He won't lose a lot of money, he'll just make a lot less - if we didn't go up straight away then he'd begin trading players to lower the wage bill to compensate for how the parachute payments reduce each year, until we reached whatever the financial equilibrium would look like for a large club in the new TV deal era Championship.

Trying to get promoted from the Championship would be a lot more interesting than trying to exist in the Premiership. And if it costs that cunt money to do it, all the better. Of course the fans don't deserve it, but nor do they deserve what is getting served up at the minute. At least relegation would inconvenience that fat prick.

Agreed, we watch football as entertainment. We haven't been entertained since the championship season and the two following promotion tbh as that's when he showed ambition as he knew he had to get back up. I thought he would learn but he's obviously grown complacent to the fact we can go down. I don't fear going down all that much tbh as being in the premiership means very little if we are going to keep being served up the utter bilge of the last 3 year.

He won't lose a lot of money, he'll just make a lot less - if we didn't go up straight away then he'd begin trading players to lower the wage bill to compensate for how the parachute payments reduce each year, until we reached whatever the financial equilibrium would look like for a large club in the new TV deal era Championship.

He will because the value of the club, which he wholly owns, and for which he overpaid, will plummet.

Not sure about Leicester away but having Sissoko (if he's on a rare good day), Cisse and De Jong around for the last 3 gives me some belief we'll be alright. Or at least that we'll score some goals - it's our incredibly bad defending that is the biggest issue of two primary big issues (can't score and keep conceding).

edit; and maybe even permacrock Aarons.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Carver: "I can't be too critical of anyone in that dressing room. We are not ready to quit and throw in towel. Me and rest of my staff."

He would quit and say I'M NOT UP TO THE JOB if he had the best interest of the club at heart