Swansea match thread, I guess

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me zimmer frame is in the post. You'd be a class centre forward, I'm 6ft2 and a bit,you must be 6'3 or 6'4 easily, a genuinely nice tone to you too, quite clearly educated. Remarkable for Horsley Hill which is where I live most of my life these days.

It's like Love's Young Dream with you two. ;)

I was still confident we'd be safe before this game (I was actually quite confident we'd win on Saturday, fuck knows why) but now I'm just praying the games run out before one of Hull or the tramps catch us (I think it's inevitable that Leicester will finish above us now).

Apart from other teams not having time to catch us, we're relying massively on SDJ, Sissoko and Cisse to add something back into the team for the last few games because that team out there on Saturday was devoid of pretty much everything. Only Jonas (the one player with more right than any of them to have given up) showed any sort of fight and he's a player we'd given up on as no longer good enough 2 years ago!

Fucking shambles from top to bottom and Carver deserves everything he gets for siding with Ashley. I hope to see him working in Greggs in Wallsend forum by the start of next season.

I was still confident we'd be safe before this game (I was actually quite confident we'd win on Saturday, fuck knows why) but now I'm just praying the games run out before one of Hull or the tramps catch us (I think it's inevitable that Leicester will finish above us now).

Apart from other teams not having time to catch us, we're relying massively on SDJ, Sissoko and Cisse to add something back into the team for the last few games because that team out there on Saturday was devoid of pretty much everything. Only Jonas (the one player with more right than any of them to have given up) showed any sort of fight and he's a player we'd given up on as no longer good enough 2 years ago!

Fucking shambles from top to bottom and Carver deserves everything he gets for siding with Ashley. I hope to see him working in Greggs in Wallsend forum by the start of next season.

When are we approaching a full team?

Dummett

Haidara

Sissoko

Aarons

Cisse

The frustration is that it's likely not going to change how we set up. We'll swap long balls to Perez, for long balls to Cisse, swap Anita at full back for Dummett, (so that we can keep Iron Mike in the centre) and drop Abeid for the non-corporeal Sissoko.

When are we approaching a full team?

Dummett

Haidara

Sissoko

Aarons

Cisse

The frustration is that it's likely not going to change how we set up. We'll swap long balls to Perez, for long balls to Cisse, swap Anita at full back for Dummett, (so that we can keep Iron Mike in the centre) and drop Abeid for the non-corporeal Sissoko.

I thought Hidara was out for the season. And it's frightening to be expecting Dummett to improve anything!

I can't imagine Aarons playing any part in more than two of the last four games, he's been out most of the season and hasn't played in a reserve game yet.

I thought Hidara was out for the season. And it's frightening to be expecting Dummett to improve anything!

I can't imagine Aarons playing any part in more than two of the last four games, he's been out most of the season and hasn't played in a reserve game yet.

So Sissoko returns for Leicester.

To be honest, I'd stick with the same team with MS coming in for Ryan Taylor, his freekicks & corners are rubbish & we're not a threat if the set pieces get through anyway, so his selection would be odd.

Thought Riviere had his best game so he should keep his place.

Leicester will be looking to play a quick tempo, so we should get the ball down and bore out a 1st half 0-0. Bring on de Jong and Armstrong 15 minutes into the second half to give their defenders something new to worry about.

So Sissoko returns for Leicester.

To be honest, I'd stick with the same team with MS coming in for Ryan Taylor, his freekicks & corners are rubbish & we're not a threat if the set pieces get through anyway, so his selection would be odd.

Thought Riviere had his best game so he should keep his place.

Leicester will be looking to play a quick tempo, so we should get the ball down and bore out a 1st half 0-0. Bring on de Jong and Armstrong 15 minutes into the second half to give their defenders something new to worry about.

I agree with Sissoko for Raylor (although might he be required to play rightback? I've not heard anything about Janmaat's injury) but I'd start SDJ in place of Riviere and see how much we can get out of him. Riviere wasn't too bad and at least made their defenders win balls in the air but SDJ did more in his short time on the pitch than Riviere has managed all season. We need to make the most of him as soon as possible.

I agree with Sissoko for Raylor (although might he be required to play rightback? I've not heard anything about Janmaat's injury) but I'd start SDJ in place of Riviere and see how much we can get out of him. Riviere wasn't too bad and at least made their defenders win balls in the air but SDJ did more in his short time on the pitch than Riviere has managed all season. We need to make the most of him as soon as possible.

Aye, but is it not better to introduce him on 60 minutes to change the game, than have him limp off after 60 and rely on Riviere to change the game?

Aye, but is it not better to introduce him on 60 minutes to change the game, than have him limp off after 60 and rely on Riviere to change the game?

Why try and change a game (by change I assume you mean you expect it to be going worng for us by then) rather than make it go our way from the start? Given Carver's previous, even if we're losing he probably won't make an early change so we might as well try and get the most we can from the most effective player.

Why try and change a game (by change I assume you mean you expect it to be going worng for us by then) rather than make it go our way from the start? Given Carver's previous, even if we're losing he probably won't make an early change so we might as well try and get the most we can from the most effective player.

No I meant that as if it were following the strategy I suggested earlier. Keep it 0-0 with Leicester until half-time, then when they're a little more desperate and stretched bring on a clever player to exploit the holes.

To be clear, I'd start him if a) he was 100% fit and 2) he wasn't made of glass and iii) we had more options on the bench.

Didn't we used to have a guy who we could bring on at 60 minutes who could completely change the game. What happened to him again ? Ah yes i remember he went to Hull.

No I meant that as if it were following the strategy I suggested earlier. Keep it 0-0 with Leicester until half-time, then when they're a little more desperate and stretched bring on a clever player to exploit the holes.

To be clear, I'd start him if a) he was 100% fit and 2) he wasn't made of glass and iii) we had more options on the bench.

Once again your optimism that we can get to half time 0-0 will Leicester with the same defence that started on Saturday far outweighs mine. I'm working on the basis that our defenders are completely unable to go a whole half without conceding against what has been for most of the season the bottom team. So by my rationale outscoring them has to be our aim so we need SDJ in from the start. I'm hoping (and tbf to him his 173 games the four seasons prior to his last with Ajax back it up) that's he's not quite as made of glass as we fear and his injuries are behind him. No doubt an injury for the reserves this week will blow that theory out of the water!

Once again your optimism that we can get to half time 0-0 will Leicester with the same defence that started on Saturday far outweighs mine. I'm working on the basis that our defenders are completely unable to go a whole half without conceding against what has been for most of the season the bottom team. So by my rationale outscoring them has to be our aim so we need SDJ in from the start. I'm hoping (and tbf to him his 173 games the four seasons prior to his last with Ajax back it up) that's he's not quite as made of glass as we fear and his injuries are behind him. No doubt an injury for the reserves this week will blow that theory out of the water!

Aye, I saw he was due to take part in a reserve fixture and couldn't quite work it out like.

I get your point, I really do, I just don't think he's fully fit and say we start him, are playing ok and have somehow managed to score twice without reply, replacing him with Riviere or Obertan doesn't fill me with hope of seeing the game out as I'd expect the pressure to mount and just when we need someone who's clever on the ball and able to retain possession up the field, he's blowing out his arse and limping off.

Aye, I saw he was due to take part in a reserve fixture and couldn't quite work it out like.

I get your point, I really do, I just don't think he's fully fit and say we start him, are playing ok and have somehow managed to score twice without reply, replacing him with Riviere or Obertan doesn't fill me with hope of seeing the game out as I'd expect the pressure to mount and just when we need someone who's clever on the ball and able to retain possession up the field, he's blowing out his arse and limping off.

I think it's more than likely you're right that he wouldn't be able to last a full game yet but him lasting a full game seems a far more likely scenario than us being 2-0 up without him.

I think it's more than likely you're right that he wouldn't be able to last a full game yet but him lasting a full game seems a far more likely scenario than us being 2-0 up without him.

facundo-ferreyra-newcastle.jpg

Was weird he wasn't booed off but Riviere was.

I wasn't totally sure if Riviere was getting booed or it was the decision to take him off that was getting booed. A lot of people don't like Riviere but in the first half at least he was occupying their defenders. Definitely didn't think he deserved to get booed if he was.

Cabella was pretty shit like but I suppose the fact that he has been better recently means he's more likely to avoid a bit of critcism.

I wasn't totally sure if Riviere was getting booed or it was the decision to take him off that was getting booed. A lot of people don't like Riviere but in the first half at least he was occupying their defenders. Definitely didn't think he deserved to get booed if he was.

Cabella was pretty shit like but I suppose the fact that he has been better recently means he's more likely to avoid a bit of critcism.

Yeah I think it was seen as an off day, rather than the norm, which is reassuring because, given the tactics, it'll be a moment of individual quality that wins the day, rather than any plan.

The one thing that I will say about the group of people (Newcastle players) in there, is that they are giving everything.

“I think they did give everything (v Swansea).”

Can’t give any more:

“I do not think that they can give any more.