Mayweather v Pacquiao

Makom

It was such a shit spectacle. I suppose that's how mayweather gets all his victories. I won't make the mistake of bothering to watch anything boxing related again.

Made Pacman look very ordinary like. Not a classic by any means but a great performance from Mayweather. Thought Manny would make it a lot tougher for him. Jim Watt was spot on when he said Mayweather would've love it to be back in the 15 round days as he was starting to take the piss.

Not a great fight. If that was on the undercard you'd have got distracted and turned away after a few rounds. Easy Floyd win. Excellent performance, but it doesn't lend itself to an exciting fight to watch. You can appreciate his brilliance while not being particularly excited watching the fight.

First time in ages I've bothered to watch boxing. Back to the UFC for me.

Mayweather just destroyed his spirit. Claiming he thought he won the fight, claiming he was injured? Bullshit. Either his gameplan was all wrong, or he lacked the mental/physical toughness to follow it through. I was banking on Manny starting strong, and carrying on until Mayweather got desperate as he realised the card wasn't going his way. The fight was over by the sixth, by which time Manny had capitulated and Mayweather knew he was gong to win on points. This result has definitively proved Mayweather is the best boxer of this generation. It's just a shame that does indeed mean boxing is dead. It actually looked like what it was - two fighters only agreeing to the fight because the money was insane. Despite losing, Pacquiao almost doubled his entire career earnings with this one bout.

Made Pacman look very ordinary like. Not a classic by any means but a great performance from Mayweather. Thought Manny would make it a lot tougher for him. Jim Watt was spot on when he said Mayweather would've love it to be back in the 15 round days as he was starting to take the piss.

This sums it up for me, he cruised through that fight, Pacquiao struggled to land his punches and didn't attempt as many as I thought he would. I thought maybe after winning round 4 Pacman realised how much effort it was going to take to keep that up and actually win the fight, but it could have been a multitude of other reasons as to why he didn't throw more punches. Mayweather done a thoroughly professional job, there wont be a rematch as I don't think Mayweather really wanted this fight in the first place just the money was insane.

Pacquiao just couldnt Land a single shot. Floyd saw everything coming and quickly got out of the way. Defensive masterclass but dull as dishwater to watch. I don't know if Pacquiao got his tactics wrong or if he's just lost that explosive hand speed he used to have. There were no combinations. I'd like to see if Amir Kahn could do any better. He was very impressive in the Devon Alexander rematch.

Think Khan might be too much of a risk. With his reach, speed and height and the way he fought against Alexander in that very disciplined manner you could see him possibly getting a points decision against an ageing Mayweather. Might fancy a unification bout with Brook though.

• 3 weeks later...