Who would you keep

The Fish

Perfect world we get 1st team replacements for all departures... who would you keep?

Oh and don't be a stroppy child and say "I'd get rid of all of them" because that's petulant and crap.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krul, Janmaat, Colo, Dummet (looked like he had potential to be a decent CB), Haidara

Colback, Sissoko, Sammy(might come good, shows glimpses now and then), Cabella, De Jong

Perez, Cisse

Krul, Janmaat, Colo, Dummet (looked like he had potential to be a decent CB), Haidara

Colback, Sissoko, Sammy(might come good, shows glimpses now and then), Cabella, De Jong

Perez, Cisse

I agree with everyone on there but Colo. His heart doesn't look in it anymore, and has been gash for the best part of a year anyway. Glad to see somebody else thinks Dummet looks relatively solid at CB as well!

I agree with everyone on there but Colo. His heart doesn't look in it anymore, and has been gash for the best part of a year anyway. Glad to see somebody else thinks Dummet looks relatively solid at CB as well!

Aye, Colo can get fucked, he's been shite for 18 months. I'd pie Sammy off as well since I'd rather see us get some new wide-players in anyway, Aarons aside. I'd also keep Abeid since I think he's got a future in him. Also, I'd give Riviere another 6 months. See if he can get settled and play well while under some competent management, since he's shown glimpses too.

The best thing going for any of them is the infeasibility of replacing an entire team.

That said I'd keep Krul, Janmaat, Colback and Perez.

The rest can get fucked.

Aye, Colo can get fucked, he's been shite for 18 months. I'd pie Sammy off as well since I'd rather see us get some new wide-players in anyway, Aarons aside. I'd also keep Abeid since I think he's got a future in him. Also, I'd give Riviere another 6 months. See if he can get settled and play well while under some competent management, since he's shown glimpses too.

Yeah I think i'd give Riv another 6 months or so. I don't think he looked too bad on Saturday, showed some glimpses of being a relatively good footballer.

In some respects, I would consider getting rid of Cabella, I think he could still demand a high fee, as he is a talented player just maybe not cut for the Premier League.

Shame really as i really want him to do well. I always seem to curse players that I want to do well... Luque, Rozehnal, Duff etc

I'm only keeping Krul because 'keepers are usually a massive gamble and he's, on the whole, a good standard. Much better when not stuck behind the shittest defence in the league.

Janmaat is obvious and so is Haidara for me.

Colo can do one, as can Taylor and Williamson. Huge problem at centre half and while Dummet is O.K. him and Lascelle shouldn't be 1st choice.

I'd keep Colback and Abeid, get shot of Tiote, Anita and Sissoko

Aarons, Cabella and de Jong. Sammy, Obertan, Gouffran, Marveaux can all go.

Riviere, Cisse should stay, I'd probably keep Armstrong too.

I'm only keeping Krul because 'keepers are usually a massive gamble and he's, on the whole, a good standard. Much better when not stuck behind the shittest defence in the league.

Janmaat is obvious and so is Haidara for me.

Colo can do one, as can Taylor and Williamson. Huge problem at centre half and while Dummet is O.K. him and Lascelle shouldn't be 1st choice.

I'd keep Colback and Abeid, get shot of Tiote, Anita and Sissoko

Aarons, Cabella and de Jong. Sammy, Obertan, Gouffran, Marveaux can all go.

Riviere, Cisse should stay, I'd probably keep Armstrong too.

I'm concerned at the prospect of Krul leaving in the summer. While he has not been great this season, it hasn't helped him playing behind a truly shocking defense.

I could see him going to Palace for around £6 Million and we'll give Darlow a shot as No.1.

No perez fish?

For Cabella I think we've already seen a marked improvement on his general performance since the start of the season, trotting out the old "its a tough league to adapt to" especially for a lightweight player like him. I think we'll see the best of him next season, under not carver. Debuchy and Colo didn't look great for us in their first 6 months (in debuchys case) or year (in colos) but came good after that.

No perez fish?

For Cabella I think we've already seen a marked improvement on his general performance since the start of the season, trotting out the old "its a tough league to adapt to" especially for a lightweight player like him. I think we'll see the best of him next season, under not carver. Debuchy and Colo didn't look great for us in their first 6 months (in debuchys case) or year (in colos) but came good after that.

1000-facepalms-o.gif

Agree about Cabella and I'd say he's suffered more than the others because of the tactics we've used too.

Keep: Janmaat, Hiadara, Abeid, Sissoko, Colback(?), De Jong, Perez, Aarons, Saylor (back up)

Get shot of: Armstrong, Raylor, Krul, Elliot, Dummett, Willo, Colo, Gouffran, Anita, Obertan, Sami, Tiote, Riviere, Cisse

Sign: Adrian, Bolasie, Austin, Berahino, Vlaar, Dier + 9 others. Any suggestions.

Why get rid of those in black bold?

And certainly why keep Taylor ahead of Dummett?!

I'm no longer arsed if we keep any of them but I know that's not what you're asking.

So I would keep, Janmaat, Haidara, Colback, Cabella, SDJ, Perez, Aarons, Armstrong.

I no longer arsed about Taylor, Tiote, Sissoko, Krul, Cisse.

I'd actively try and get rid of Elliott, Anita, Williamson, Colo (sad to say but at best he no longer gives a fuck, at worst he's finished), Dummet, Abeid, Obertan, Riviere, Vukic, Fergusson. I've not included those out of contract as I'm assuming they're all going and I think they should.

Obviously I'd give the two Forrest lads a chance.

Edited by David Kelly

Sissoko is worth holding on to if we bring in better quality players around him, which we probably won't. And in which case we may as well get rid as his attitude is shite

Sissoko is worth holding on to if we bring in better quality players around him, which we probably won't. And in which case we may as well get rid as his attitude is shite

Aye I think his attitude would improve if he saw anything in the club or his teamates but that won't happen.

Taylor is better than Dummett. He's just made of glass.

Taylor is (and has always been) a bang average Centre half. He's also made of faberge eggs, crystal glass and any fish tank in any action movie ever.

Dummett may be as average, he may even be as fragile, but he's younger and therefore a better player to have around than Taylor.

Also I'm fucking sick of Steven's pointless pointing & his Uber-Geordie schtick.

Taylor is (and has always been) a bang average Centre half. He's also made of faberge eggs, crystal glass and any fish tank in any action movie ever.

Dummett may be as average, he may even be as fragile, but he's younger and therefore a better player to have around than Taylor.

Also I'm fucking sick of Steven's pointless pointing & his Uber-Geordie schtick.

Taylor is a fragile bloke and an average centreback but Dummet is a shite leftback who has managed a couple of good games in the centre while looking pony 90% of the other games he's played for us. But just like when Abeid had a couple of good games people foget about what he's normally like, which is not good enough.

For all of Taylors problems (and there are a few), out defence always looks better with him in it. Not that that's saying a hell of a lot.

Taylor is a fragile bloke and an average centreback but Dummet is a shite leftback who has managed a couple of good games in the centre while looking pony 90% of the other games he's played for us. But just like when Abeid had a couple of good games people foget about what he's normally like, which is not good enough.

For all of Taylors problems (and there are a few), out defence always looks better with him in it. Not that that's saying a hell of a lot.

Pretty sure Dummett was talked about as a centre back out of position at Left Back? I think he's average, but Taylor's lost any faith I might have had for him. Too many stupid fouls in dangerous areas, too many needless reds, too many rash tackles that leave his colleagues isolated, too many rent-a-quote shit in the Chronicle.

Dummett isn't great, but he maybe can improve. Taylor will only ever get worse.

Finally I don't believe Taylor makes our defence look better, I remember quite a few preferring Colo was partnered by Williamson rather than Taylor when they were both fit.

Pretty sure Dummett was talked about as a centre back out of position at Left Back? I think he's average, but Taylor's lost any faith I might have had for him. Too many stupid fouls in dangerous areas, too many needless reds, too many rash tackles that leave his colleagues isolated, too many rent-a-quote shit in the Chronicle.

Dummett isn't great, but he maybe can improve. Taylor will only ever get worse.

Finally I don't believe Taylor makes our defence look better, I remember quite a few preferring Colo was partnered by Williamson rather than Taylor when they were both fit.

I don't remember anyone prefering Williamson over anyone for a long time. But I'm pretty sure that until Taylor got injured the season we finished 5th that our defence was one of the best in the country.

I open to being proved wrong here but I've never heard of Dummett as anything but a leftback who has covered in the centre. He certainly doesn't look like a traditional centre half and the vast majority of his games have been at fullback. I remember last season when he had to play against the tramps in the centre and looked completely clueless. Obviously he has managed to put in better games there since then.

I confidently predict that Dummett will very quickly be playing outside the premier league one way or the other!

Edited by David Kelly