Who would you keep

The Fish

Dummett looks a much better CB than LB! The position restricts him to his strengths whereas LB exploits his weaknesses as he's not good going forward, not pacey and not athletic enough. Playing at CB means he can just concentrate on getting tackles in and putting his head in as well. He's only young so will grow into too.

Taylor isnt very good but he's not complete crap like Williamson. I still would get rid as we only get about 30 games out of a five year contract from him.

I'd keep Lascelles and Dummett. Get rid of Colo, Williamson and Taylor then get 2 CB's and a LB in.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember anyone prefering Williamson over anyone for a long time.

I open to being proved wrong here but I've never heard of Dummett as anything but a leftback who has covered in the centre. He certainly doesn't look like a traditional centre half and the vast majority of his games have been at fullback. I remember last season when he had to play against the tramps in the centre and looked completely clueless. Obviously he has managed to put in better games there since then.

I confidently predict that Dummett will very quickly be playing outside the premier league one way or the other!

Oh I agree with that, a better run club wouldn't have him in their 1st team.

The same is true of Taylor now, though.

Dummett looks a much better CB than LB! The position restricts him to his strengths whereas LB exploits his weaknesses as he's not good going forward, not pacey and not athletic enough. Playing at CB means he can just concentrate on getting tackles in and putting his head in as well. He's only young so will grow into too.

Taylor isnt very good but he's not complete crap like Williamson. I still would get rid as we only get about 30 games out of a five year contract from him.

I'd keep Lascelles and Dummett. Get rid of Colo, Williamson and Taylor then get 2 CB's and a LB in.

After saying you'd keep Sammy your opinion is now completely invalid ;)

Oh I agree with that, a better run club wouldn't have him in their 1st team.

The same is true of Taylor now, though.

I said I'd be happy to see Taylor go too so no argument there. I just think he's less awful that Dummett.

• 2 months later...

I'm only keeping Krul because 'keepers are usually a massive gamble and he's, on the whole, a good standard. Much better when not stuck behind the shittest defence in the league.

Janmaat is obvious and so is Haidara for me.

Colo can do one, as can Taylor and Williamson. Huge problem at centre half and while Dummet is O.K. him and Lascelle shouldn't be 1st choice.

I'd keep Colback and Abeid, get shot of Tiote, Anita and Sissoko

Aarons, Cabella and de Jong. Sammy, Obertan, Gouffran, Marveaux can all go.

Riviere, Cisse should stay, I'd probably keep Armstrong too.

Here you are @@The Fish

:lol: Is CT about to win an argument. This is unprecedented.

Nope, I should have made my 1st post more clear, that's all.

I didn't put "Keep" before those three players, I obviously didn't want rid of Aarons, de Jong or Cabella, but happy to see the back of Sammy, Obertan, Gouffran and Marveaux.

The full stop obviously wasn't clear enough.

Edited by The Fish

:lol: Is CT about to win an argument. This is unprecedented.

Hes not like, seems to me fish means Aarons, Cabella and de Jong stay and the others go.

Why would he be saying get rid of all of our attacking midfielders?

Andrew helping him out.

Hey I don't mind Fish being made to look a tit, even by CT, but it's got to be right or it loses its value.

The Fish trying desperately to pull his pants back up here.

? I swear 90% of me looking stupid is made up in your head. :lol:

Edited by The Fish

Clearly Davey wanted to get rid of everyone in the side. Including Aarons. It's right there in black and white. Can't argue with facts, unless you're CT. But this time he doesn't have to. Well done CT. Moving on up. Davey, will you be posting that curry recipe now or later?

CT gone a bit quiet after it's been made as simple as possible that he was wrong.

I look forward to the apology.