Who would you keep

The Fish

Football as always is a game of opinions.

In my opinion he is slightly below average with very little room to improve. If we want to improve as a team, you have to have better players.

You're correct about opinions but in your's Anita is worth keeping and Colback isn't?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football as always is a game of opinions.

In my opinion he is slightly below average with very little room to improve. If we want to improve as a team, you have to have better players.

Why keep Taylor then? Always crocked, never progressed, etc. Would get shot well before Colback.

I'm begining to think strawb is in fact wor Vurnon. Surely it must be past bed time in the states by now ;)

Personally I can't believe anyone would get shot of Colback (who I don't think is extraordinary by any means but is a consistent reliable performer) ahead of Satka, Dummett, Taylor, Anita, Bigi, Kemen or Abeid. Some of those players have never played a single first team game for a start.

Must agree I don't think Colback is anything special. Would like to see if Rivière can be brought on, but not a starter.

I don't think Cabella is going to make it here.

What have you seen in Riviere that you think should give him another chance?

Why are you happy to write off Cabella?

What have you seen in Riviere that you think should give him another chance?

Why are you happy to write off Cabella?

I think Rivière puts the effort in, makes decent runs and can be strong in the ball. Just can't hit a barn door. Hopefully a bit of decent coaching, some better service and a few goals might see him progress. (Not that he'd be in my first 11).

Cabella just looks like one of those tippy tappy weak players who may shine in a lesser league or different country, but is unlikely to make it here.

I think Rivière puts the effort in, makes decent runs and can be strong in the ball. Just can't hit a barn door. Hopefully a bit of decent coaching, some better service and a few goals might see him progress. (Not that he'd be in my first 11).

Cabella just looks like one of those tippy tappy weak players who may shine in a lesser league or different country, but is unlikely to make it here.

CKhKArLXAAAFrMM.png

:lol:

Is that how you lot swing these days?

Maybe if Cabella had created more chances........ ;)

I don't understand any of this post.

Steven Taylor is at least a passable premier league centre back when fit.

I don't think Anita is a world beater by any means. I also said I would only get rid of Colback if he was properly replaced. I think last season we saw the sum total of Colback's ability.

The younger lads would hopefully be loaned out, like I said.

If everyone was fit and playing at their best none of the three would get in my first 11 anyway.

I wouldn't write Cabella off - or any decent footballer forced to play kick and rush for the majority of the last few years. Especially as we won't recoup what we spent on him and our squad is nearly passable as a premier league squad but not quite.

We've been conditioned to think it's the norm to be down to the bare bones come February but it's not and we need to hold onto our players till we can replace them. It makes no sense bringing in a load of players at once it has to be done gradually.

At one end of the spectrum Ferguson would only bring in 3 or 4 players per season, normally into a winning team and it worked, at the other end you're looking at Di Canio signing 14 players in one window at the mackems and everything going utterly tits up. It takes time to bed in players - just like it's going to take time to bed into a passing style. A bit of patience can't hurt, even if it means retaining players that are complete fucking frauds like Marveaux, Ferguson & Gouffran etc etc,

A league season is hard enough - but now football cunt is on about winning cups we're really going to need some numbers.

Steven Taylor is at least a passable premier league centre back when fit.

I don't think Anita is a world beater by any means. I also said I would only get rid of Colback if he was properly replaced. I think last season we saw the sum total of Colback's ability.

The younger lads would hopefully be loaned out, like I said.

If everyone was fit and playing at their best none of the three would get in my first 11 anyway.

Fitness is the big issue with Taylor though. He's nearly 30 and injuries have pretty much defined his career.

I think another reason I'd keep Colback is because he's a decent full back and we've precious little cover there. I agree that last season is probably as good as it's going to get for him and I think he probably shone as a 'trier' in a team that was fucking shite