Steve Mclaren

Kid Dynamite

That image of McClaren is priceless.

The problem we've got now is McClaren's bargaining power now he knows Ashley is desperate for someone to replace Carver for the short term. Big bonus for keeping us up, naturally... but the issue is if he wangles in a contract that means it'll cost Ashley a fortune to sack him. That means we could be lumped with McClaren for the rest of this decade, which I personally can't see us having too much progress with.

So although he's better proposition to keep us alive than Carver and his appointment (or anyone's) must happen early this week... I don't have much hope for where the club will be in 1-2 seasons, regardless if we survive.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This club is fucked no matter what happens, (other than a take over from a benevolent owner/s). The club is like a broken gate hanging on it's hinges till a gust finally blows it off. West Ham United and that fucking smug twat will be the wind that blows the club down to a slightly changed chorus of 'shouldn't have sacked big sam' instead of the 'shouldn't have forced Pardew out' narrative.

This used to be a football club. It's a derelict shell now. Fanks Mike as someone once said.

This club is fucked no matter what happens, (other than a take over from a benevolent owner/s). The club is like a broken gate hanging on it's hinges till a gust finally blows it off. West Ham United and that fucking smug twat will be the wind that blows the club down to a slightly changed chorus of 'shouldn't have sacked big sam' instead of the 'shouldn't have forced Pardew out' narrative.

This used to be a football club. It's a derelict shell now. Fanks Mike as someone once said.

You're right - but darkest before the dawn and all that. The club will come back from all of this one day.

I seem to recall Shearer was brought in to save us with more than 3 games left, and he didn't.

Bring Brolly-man in for 3 would be like pissing into the wind. And let's face it, he failed to keep Derby in a play-off position by losing their last game 3-0 to a team lower in the league. In fact Derby were among the front runners for quite a spell then faded towards the end and apparently Brolly-man couldn't wave a magic motivational wand and keep 'em in a play-off position.

I seem to recall Shearer was brought in to save us with more than 3 games left, and he didn't.

Bring Brolly-man in for 3 would be like pissing into the wind. And let's face it, he failed to keep Derby in a play-off position by losing their last game 3-0 to a team lower in the league. In fact Derby were among the front runners for quite a spell then faded towards the end and apparently Brolly-man couldn't wave a magic motivational wand and keep 'em in a play-off position.

Despite all that he is still miles ahead of Carver.

I'm not fussed on McClaren, but this brolly man stick he gets is as weak as criticising Ed Milliband for the way he eats a sandwich.

A champions league, 3 Premier Leagues and an FA cup as assistant, a league cup and Eredivisie as manager.

That alone puts him above our last 8 managers in terms of silverware.

I'm not fussed on McClaren, but this brolly man stick he gets is as weak as criticising Ed Milliband for the way he eats a sandwich.

A champions league, 3 Premier Leagues and an FA cup as assistant, a league cup and Eredivisie as manager.

That alone puts him above our last 8 managers in terms of silverware.

I agree HF it does but we dont do silverware do we.

I think it's a bit harsh criticizing him for missing the play-offs as well, he had that team in the play-off final last year and they were by far the better team just got caught out on QPR's only fucking shot on target. Then almost had them in the play-offs again this year, wouldnt surprise me if he was distracted by all the press linking him with us.

Tbh i wouldn't blame him for sticking with Derby if he's spoken to any former managers apart from Pardew. The likes of Keegan,Hughton & Shearer have probably told him they're a nightmare to work for maybe's he doesn't fancy the hassle.

Carver has completely lost the dressing room.

I just can't bring myself to agree with this. As thick as he is, surely he can navigate the corridors after all these years?

I just can't bring myself to agree with this. As thick as he is, surely he can navigate the corridors after all these years?

:lol:

I'm wanted in the dressing room. What is it?

Don't sweat it, a plethora of quality, ambitious managers are queuing up to work for these clowns. We've got the attraction of our history, fan base and the PL stage, right @@The Fish?

:lol: Honestly man you couldn't make it up, stung yet again by their first choice and they have absolutely no second option. The planning under this regime has been a complete joke.

:lol: Honestly man you couldn't make it up, stung yet again by their first choice and they have absolutely no second option. The planning under this regime has been a complete joke.

You give them way to much credit.