Steve Mclaren

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You give them way to much credit.

:lol: The only planning I'm crediting them with is scrawling '1 - McClaren' and then '2 - ??' on a piece of paper under the title 'possible managers'.

:lol: The only planning I'm crediting them with is scrawling '1 - McClaren' and then '2 - ??' on a piece of paper under the title 'possible managers'.

Again, you give them way too much credit :lol:

Apparently Brolly-boy had only 2 wins in his last 14 games with Derby, not that much better than Carver with 2 wins out of 16.

All about winning isn't it.

Number 2 is Bill McLaren

o'leary, dennis wise, peter reid, george graham, any other of that ilk... we're fucked lads. I really hope the boycotts go on forever till he's gone

It won't be any of them.

It might be difficult to attract anyone half decent when we get relegated. Would have been much easier if we'd sorted this out in January when staying up would have been a relatively simple task!

Who is an example of the level of coach you would expect if we do go down? (Not being ornery, genuinely interested)

Who is an example of the level of coach you would expect if we do go down? (Not being ornery, genuinely interested)

I genuinely dont know. Honestly I don't think it will be the type that scoobos mentions but I think there'll be no chance of the Garde type appointment you're expecting. I would probably expect it to be the type of manager that is currently in the championship and on that basis the best I would hope for would be someone young and up and coming. But again I go back to the fact that I have no faith in our management to discover someone like that.

I genuinely dont know. Honestly I don't think it will be the type that scoobos mentions but I think there'll be no chance of the Garde type appointment you're expecting. I would probably expect it to be the type of manager that is currently in the championship and on that basis the best I would hope for would be someone young and up and coming. But again I go back to the fact that I have no faith in our management to discover someone like that.

They generally fall into 2 camps, the Mick McCarthy stalwart- type of manager or the Eddie Howe up and coming kind. I'd be happy with the latter, but I honestly believe it'll be a head coach from abroad, one who's more used to DoF style system.

god. do we have to do this again?

They generally fall into 2 camps, the Mick McCarthy stalwart- type of manager or the Eddie Howe up and coming kind. I'd be happy with the latter, but I honestly believe it'll be a head coach from abroad, one who's more used to DoF style system.

I'm more inclined to believe it will be the Mick McCarthy type who are used to mounting promotion challenges. Obviously it will have to be someone who will weigh the beneifits of getting to manage a club of our size against the lack of control (I do think Ashley would put some reasonable money into player purchases to get us back up where the money is).

I don't think they'd trust the type of foreign manager who'd be willing to come here after relegation.