What do Labour need to do to win again?

Park Life

I hardly think Ed could have stayed on. Zero credibility allied to stacks of the party sticking the boot in and blaming himnfor everything

Better than electing the wrong leader and watching as they crash and burn in 2020 after repeating the same mistakes Ed made. Credibility hardly matters when you know that whoever you are, for the next 4 years your opinion doesn't matter a jot. It would seem rather fitting to me that Ed be the one put in that position, since it was he who brought it about.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe not. It's difficult to take you seriously when you spout such rubbish. The Tories won by a little over 6% in this election, which represents about 4% of eligible voters. They scraped a majority in Westminster which will be very fragile to the whims of their own back benchers. It was nowhere near the landslides seen in recent history. UKip and SNP have shown how quickly things can change in politics, yet apparently you can predict generations?

Or maybe not. It's difficult to take you seriously when you spout such rubbish. The Tories won by a little over 6% in this election, which represents about 4% of eligible voters. They scraped a majority in Westminster which will be very fragile to the whims of their own back benchers. It was nowhere near the landslides seen in recent history. UKip and SNP have shown how quickly things can change in politics, yet apparently you can predict generations?

It's the number of seats man!

Scotland's gone so we are basically talking conservatives 331 to labours 239. That's an absolute mountain to climb and imo, UKIP will take labour seats in 2020.

(With the boundary changes you can add another 20 seats to the conservatives. That's 112 seats).

My positive outlook is based on Labour picking the right leader. Should they go for Burnham or Cooper or the like, then it's goodnight Vienna.

Ukip will die after the referendum if it happens.

And you do realise that the gap doesn't mean they have to win 92 don't you? 47 isn't a mountain.

"It's the number of seats man!"

:lol:

In 1997, Labour won 253 seats more than the conservatives, and yet here we are. (Figures for the following elections 247 and 157, yes Labour won 157 more seats than the Tories just 10 years ago). Labour will almost certainly become more Blairite when Scotland secedes within 10 years (probable imo). Things change in politics CT.

Btw, believe me, nobody is more unhappy about this right wing drift than me.

Like your stool. Will you shut the fuck up with your Sun headline posting, go and dress up like Rommel and play with your metal detector. There are some nuts and bolts out there with your name on.

The Tories are going to spend the next two years kicking lumps out of each other about Europe. Last time they did that they turned a slim majority into a landslide defeat. CT needs to stop pretending it's all a one way street.

Edited by JJ

The Tories are going to spend the next two years kicking lumps out of each other about Europe. Last time they did that they turned a slim majority into a landslide defeat. CT needs to stop pretending it's all a one way street.

Have to agree with this. The Tory wars is about to begin. Backwoods revolt in full swing. :lol:

Like your stool. Will you shut the fuck up with your Sun headline posting, go and dress up like Rommel and play with your metal detector. There are some nuts and bolts out there with your name on.

Update on my work-metal-detector mate. I asked him if other metal detectors, (the humans, not the actual machines), also like camouflage? He answered in the affirmative. I asked why and he said, 'They don't want to be seen. Some of them are up to no good".

Make of that what you will.

:good:

Simply not going to happen.

1. The referendum will be next May.

2. Dave will get a good deal.

3. It's the public who will decide not the MP's

Update on my work-metal-detector mate. I asked him if other metal detectors, (the humans, not the actual machines), also like camouflage? He answered in the affirmative. I asked why and he said, 'They don't want to be seen. Some of them are up to no good".

Make of that what you will.

:good:

Shy Tories and shy Detectorists!!!