Footballers wages

Anorthernsoul

So, in the first instance, you cite free markets as a reason not to restrict pay. Then you want to ban them playing at a higher level - hardly a free market approach.

This would mean that Austin would have to play in The Championship next season in spite of scoring 17 goals in the premier league this season.

Please tell me you are on the wind-up.

It's no less of a windup than claiming that just because Austin put a shift in, there shouldn't be any change to the current model, where out of the trio of players, managers and directors, it's the players who suffer the least for performing poorly.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure about that? The highest paid business executives make in a year what the highest paid footballers make in a month. The highest draw actors like Tom Cruise might earn more in a year than Ronaldo, but not much more, and certainly not for as little time at the coal face. I can't think of a single top musician or lawyer who would even come close.

You sure about that? The highest paid business executives make in a year what the highest paid footballers make in a month. The highest draw actors like Tom Cruise might earn more in a year than Ronaldo, but not much more, and certainly not for as little time at the coal face. I can't think of a single top musician or lawyer who would even come close.

I am sure of that.

I would agree top actors and musicians earn a lot more than footballers but the profits they produce for the film and record companies is much higher than say what Rooney generates at OId Trafford.

I don't follow your point?

Rooney becomes part of the team that delivers Champions League football and the bounty that comes with being thought of as one of the football's elite. The shirt sales, commercial partnerships, sponsors, media attention, etc. are all linked to signing and employing players like Wayne Rooney.

Think of it like Di Caprio signing up to do a movie, people will go and see it because he's in it.

if we didn't wtach it the TV money and the wages would come down soon enough

It's because so many people wtach on TV (as opposed to turning up in the flesh) that the meeja and ad guys can pay the cash

same as F1 or the Indian Creeket guys

Say whta?

I would agree top actors and musicians earn a lot more than footballers but the profits they produce for the film and record companies is much higher than say what Rooney generates at OId Trafford.

What 'profit' does Rooney generate at Old Trafford? How does that compare to actor/musician 'produced profit'? Is your colossal stupidity the result of trauma or centuries of inbreeding?

Perfect example is Raheem Sterling. Done relatively fuck all in his short time in the first team, demanding 100k plus a week. Obviously his agent is a massive cunt, but it's outrageous all the same.

It's just a lazy stereotype though isn't it? The overwhelming majority of footballers aren't on offensive wages and those that are have mitigating reasons for the inflated wage.

Even in the Premier League the average wage is £31k a week, which is no doubt skewed dramatically by Man City, Man Utd & Chelsea.

The whole idea is just ludicrous. Imagine a player working his bolllocks off, being player of the season when the rest of the team don't give a shit and you're not allowed back in the PL for a year.

Its a farcical ideal

The whole idea is just ludicrous. Imagine a player working his bolllocks off, being player of the season when the rest of the team don't give a shit and you're not allowed back in the PL for a year.

Its a farcical ideal

? You've lost me?

Im not responding to you.

Mako suggested a player couldn't play in the same division if he left a sinking ship.

:lol:

What a stupid idea.

It's just a lazy stereotype though isn't it? The overwhelming majority of footballers aren't on offensive wages and those that are have mitigating reasons for the inflated wage.

Even in the Premier League the average wage is £31k a week, which is no doubt skewed dramatically by Man City, Man Utd & Chelsea.

Imagine earning 30 grand a week! That's right, you couldn't.

That's half the problem, that is now seen as normal at the highest level. Over half the fuckers aren't worth 3k a week.

Imagine earning 30 grand a week! That's right, you couldn't.

That's half the problem, that is now seen as normal at the highest level. Over half the fuckers aren't worth 3k a week.

Some chinless gimps in finance earn 30k before lunch, and with as little effort or care for the likes of you and me.

Your ire would be better aimed at them, than at boys whose career is 12 years max, in an industry where the disparity between those with and those without is massive.

Some chinless gimps in finance earn 30k before lunch, and with as little effort or care for the likes of you and me.

Your ire would be better aimed at them, than at boys whose career is 12 years max, in an industry where the disparity between those with and those without is massive.

If 12 years is the max how come Gerrard lasted 17 years playing in the PL. That probably works out at an extra £50 million.

If 12 years is the max how come Gerrard lasted 17 years playing in the PL. That probably works out at an extra £50 million.

I was obviously talking generally, now wasn't I?

Its a farcical ideal

As farcical as allowing the 10 other players to find other PL clubs on the same wages? Your scenario is as rare as rocking horse shit, it's not remotely a sensible reason not to implement some form of performance related penalty.