Optimistic?

Makom

Realistically, there is only one scenario that now relegates us:

Hull beat Man Utd at home

We fail to beat West Ham at home

Ordinarily, in any given season, you'd be happy with those odds. But this is no ordinary season. Man Utd's form right now is all over the place, and they have nothing to actually play for. Hull are managed by one of their old boys, who also has something to prove to our enemies. West Ham are managed by someone with something to prove to us, and our home form has been abysmal.

I am not optimistic. I'm not even close to being optimistic. It's only the fact that Ashley has completely divorced me from caring what happens to the club while he's still here that's stopping me from hiding all the sharp objects in the house.

Edited by Mako

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you didn't care?

I don't care if we stay up or not, but that doesn't mean I can't be optimistic/pessimistic about the situation, or be interested in what others think about it, now we know for definite what's needed. Even Gemmil.

I don't care if we stay up or not, but that doesn't mean I can't be optimistic/pessimistic about the situation, or be interested in what others think about it, now we know for definite what's needed. Even Gemmil.

Two Ls. This is your final warning.

They're guaranteed fourth. You could argue they need a win to reach 3rd, but I'd be surprised if that's enough to get their players all fired up for an away game against Hull, at least any more than they ordinarily would be.

Have Man United guaranteed Champions League? Are they still looking to avoid a Champions League play-off?

Man Utd are professional enough but I reckon Van Gaal may give some of the kids a run out.

I don't even know whether us staying up is reason to be optimistic now.

Indeed.

I would say it's more likely we would suffer harder and longer if relegated than if not, but I can completely see where people are coming from by arguing we need to be relegated to get rid of Ashley.

Absolutely a game I can see Hull getting something out of, especially as they're at home. We've done them a massive favour today in terms of giving them something to cling on to. A current Man Utd, especially with nothing to play for, are decent but beatable.

Hull actually have the memory of winning games in recent weeks. Their fate is in their hands, we don't have hands, being a team of contemptible flids.

Edited by trophyshy

You never hear about it any more, but I don't know that it doesn't exist. @@catmag the Washington Mackem will know.

Yes it exists, shithead. And it's bigger than ever.

There's one next to the Metrocentre that was still there a few weeks ago, now I think about it.

When I was a poor student, my flatmate had the bright idea of doing all our shopping at Makro. He hadn't quite though it out, since it was a fucking long walk away, and even with rucksacks tins of baked bins and the like weigh a ton. Unsurprisingly it didn't last. I should really have been tipped off that he was a skinflint though by the fact one of the reasons he suggested it was because he was already a member. I spent most of that year chasing him up for his half of the rent and bills. Who says there's no truth to the stereotype about Scots?

And of course he consistetly outdrank me by 2:1, without getting even half as pissed. Even though he only weighed about 6 stone. It's genetic - tight fisted Engish hating alcoholics, every last one of them. He fucking hated the English, not remotely seeing the irony that he was just the latest in a long line of Scottish expats coming to England to study and work.

And of course he consistetly outdrank me by 2:1, without getting even half as pissed. Even though he only weighed about 6 stone. It's genetic - tight fisted Engish hating alcoholics, every last one of them. He fucking hated the English, not remotely seeing the irony that he was just the latest in a long line of Scottish expats coming to England to study and work.

Funny, most Scots I've seen on the piss couldn't drink cold tea. You must be an extraordinarily bad drinker.

I can hold my own, he was just a raving alcoholic. I don't think there was a single night when he didn't have at least a couple of cans - and he could easily sink 5 just on a night in watching the box - just because, well, that's what you do isn't it? God knows what he does to unwind nowadays, assuming he's managing to hold down a job.

FIVE TINS? My word, that's serious stuff.

It is when it's every night and that's just you taking it easy.

People drinking that much without it even raising an eyebrow are most likely either functioning alcoholics, or at the very least have serious depression issues.

Yes, that was the entirely predictable response, but he was like that well before we got a flat together. And if anyone was the cunt, it was him - three years at uni and at the end of it, not one of his former flatmates stayed in contact with him. One even spent half a year not talking to him. That tends to happen to people more interested in drink and money than owt else.