Optimistic?

Makom

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one track minds the people on here rayv.....obsessed with their mothers and homosex

:lol: You started it, to be honest.

Although the more I think about it, the more this feels like a totally standard TT thread detour, so... carry on.

Just had a quick scan of the Hull boards and they're pretty optimistic that we'll lose. The only thing they're weighing up is whether or not they can beat Man Utd.

Sounds about right. Watching the highlights here and we were offering no threat by the end, even with Cisse on. If anything it was a case of QPR finishing strongly and exposing us on the counter - something West Ham will probably do too.

And just on a point of principle, to be left in a situation where we're relying on Hull in the last game to not be relegated, is just absolutely disgusting. This is the world of the mackem, not a club with our resources and support, even if we are now operating within tight financial restraints. This says it all as to how far down Ashley has dragged NUFC.

one track minds the people on here rayv.....obsessed with their mothers and homosex

I'll have you know that is two tracks ya mummy's boy poofta.

Sounds about right. Watching the highlights here and we were offering no threat by the end, even with Cisse on. If anything it was a case of QPR finishing strongly and exposing us on the counter - something West Ham will probably do too.

Carver had switched us to a groundbreaking new 4-1-5 formation by that point like, it's not massively surprising that they were countering hard :lol:

Although he'll probably do the same damn thing with WHam as well, so yeah I guess you're right.

What is interesting, I guess, is that there's no point in us getting a draw next week. It has to be a win or it may as well be a loss.

Realistically, there is only one scenario that now relegates us:

Hull beat Man Utd at home

We fail to beat West Ham at home

Ordinarily, in any given season, you'd be happy with those odds. But this is no ordinary season. Man Utd's form right now is all over the place, and they have nothing to actually play for. Hull are managed by one of their old boys, who also has something to prove to our enemies. West Ham are managed by someone with something to prove to us, and our home form has been abysmal.

I am not optimistic. I'm not even close to being optimistic. It's only the fact that Ashley has completely divorced me from caring what happens to the club while he's still here that's stopping me from hiding all the sharp objects in the house.

I disagree that MU have nothing to play for. If they finish 4th that would mean they would have to qualify for the CL and would have to start next season earlier.

I think we're down. And it'll be exactly what we deserve. This has been in the cards for weeks. Penny for @@The Fish 's thoughts

Aye completely fucking deserve to go down, the run of absolute shit teams that we have played and we have failed to get points off all but one of them and beaten none of them. Total shambles, the club doesn't deserve to be in the division as they clearly aren't trying to compete in it.

Only reason I'm logging on here on Monday morning is to see Fish, having gone completely mad, posting a video of him holding his own shit in his hands, rubbing it on his face and screaming about Remi Garde in some kind of bizarre, True Geordie rip-off. TBH.

right at the start of the seasonat Villa I thought both teams had the look of outfits that could slide out of the PL by accident

No doubt we'll do it in style - Hull will get a late goal v ManU and we get a last minute penalty which is sliced out for a throw-in.....................................

Edited by Rob W

Yeah remember how we had the easiest run-in of the lot?

:lol:

I remember @@The Fish telling me, in fairly certain terms, that we will not go down.

Still confident? The only way we're surving for me is if Man U do us a favour because we're getting fuck all from West Ham. We don't deserve to stay up, frankly.