Optimistic?

Makom

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll stay up.

If not we'll go down and potentially actually win some football matches.

its a win win!

Kind of the way I see it;

If we go down Ashley will have to modify his approach and we might enjoy some weekends.

If we stay up, we've stayed up and that's good. (Also, Ashley might change his policy)

If we stay up, it'll almost certainly be more of the same. If we go down, we could stay down.

It's a lose lose. Get on the Gloomy train

Everyone was gloomy as fuck last time we got relegated, people were putting money on us going straight down to league 1.

Then we got 102 points and it was ace.

And Alan Smith was captain and Shola scored a hat-trick against Reading.

We were worse then than we are now.

Everyone was gloomy as fuck last time we got relegated, people were putting money on us going straight down to league 1.

Then we got 102 points and it was ace.

And Alan Smith was captain and Shola scored a hat-trick against Reading.

We were worse then than we are now.

not sure about that, we had a core of english players who were up for it then once we shifted the owens. duffs and vidukas. look at the gutless turds in the current set up.

I'm confident Hull will lose, but I can't see us getting more than a point.

If we're 2-0 down and Hull are 2-0 up with 30 minutes to go, I wholly endorse a big old pitch invasion.

In what way were we better?

Well we had someone who turned out to be a good manager already in situ. We had players like Carroll, Shola (don't laugh), Steven Taylor (ditto), Alan Smith (likewise), Guthrie, Nolan, Harper, Enrique, Coloccini (when he was a much better player), Jonas (also a better player then), Barton (even if he didn't play much), All of those were very good Championship leve players by any standard you could apply and also most, if not all, had fight and affection for the club. I don't think that's the case now. By no means predicting we'll tumble through the leagues or can't come straight back up but I don't think we're particularly well equipped to do so with the present squad. Hopefully that theory won't be tested.

Well we had someone who turned out to be a good manager already in situ. We had players like Carroll, Shola (don't laugh), Steven Taylor (ditto), Alan Smith (likewise), Guthrie, Nolan, Harper, Enrique, Coloccini (when he was a much better player), Jonas (also a better player then), Barton (even if he didn't play much), All of those were very good Championship leve players by any standard you could apply and also most, if not all, had fight and affection for the club. I don't think that's the case now. By no means predicting we'll tumble through the leagues or can't come straight back up but I don't think we're particularly well equipped to do so with the present squad. Hopefully that theory won't be tested.

Agree with that, the team that got relegated was better suited to get promotion than this team is.

I'm confident Hull will lose, but I can't see us getting more than a point.

If we're 2-0 down and Hull are 2-0 up with 30 minutes to go, I wholly endorse a big old pitch invasion.

Here Fish I predict 0-3 for the Hull game. Take some of the pressure of ya. :)

:good:

Seeing you and alex try and reign in some of the pessimism on here is like seeing Patton appear on the horizon near Foy.

Think the paralysis of ambition has finally got through to the players. You can see most of them are going through the motions with an eye to getting away...Especially Sissoko. I don't even think that Aarons has signed a new contract.

Think the paralysis of ambition has finally got through to the players. You can see most of them are going through the motions with an eye to getting away...Especially Sissoko. I don't even think that Aarons has signed a new contract.

Doesn't he still have 2 years?

Doesn't he still have 2 years?

It'll be a year by the end of the summer. He's already turned down a paltry offer couple of months ago. He's one I'd like to keep.

edit: It's actually to 2017.

Edited by Park Life

We will probably have a better chance of getting promotion from the Championship next season than surviving in the Prem next season .It will be easier to sign decent Championship players if we get relegated than decent Premier League players if we stay up.

Is every full stop like a game of Russian roulette to you?

:good:

Seeing you and alex try and reign in some of the pessimism on here is like seeing Patton appear on the horizon near Foy.

Parky has the riding breeches and boots look down anyway