Becoming a laughing stock.......

Rob W

From the Indie re Owen....

"Owen's talent is still plainly enough for him to prosper both in the Premiership and on the International field only increases the sense of disbelief that he should face another season with no guarantee of first team football. Newcastle would be eager to offer him such an assurance , but then they would, wouldn't they, as one of the few clubs who can seriously challenge Real Madrid's status as football's No.1 circus act......"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::blush::icon_lol::blush:

Its true though, in most of the media we are a joke club

- The latest chapter in the soap opera that is Newcastle United Football Club. Just how long will it be before they hit the front pages again? And will it be assault? Rape? Drugs? Terrorism?
- from Football365

How this trend is curbed I do not know.

Its true though, in most of the media we are a joke club

- The latest chapter in the soap opera that is Newcastle United Football Club. Just how long will it be before they hit the front pages again? And will it be assault? Rape? Drugs? Terrorism?
- from Football365

How this trend is curbed I do not know.

6384[/snapback]

Start at the top, and take everyone out on the way down. Easy.

It's a bloody disgrace - FFS and Souness and all their transfer talk just make us look ridiculous

More actionand less mouthing off is needed

That's not going to happen though is it.

6403[/snapback]

I don't know. Has the takeover talk died down?

6418[/snapback]

Seems to have done, share price settling down again?

And yes we could do with a little more action a little less conversation please from the chairman and manager, but they just can't help themselves.

From the Indie re Owen....

"Owen's talent is still plainly enough for him to prosper both in the Premiership and on the International field only increases the sense of disbelief that he should face another season with no guarantee of first team football.  Newcastle would be eager to offer him such an assurance , but then they would, wouldn't they, as one of the few clubs who can seriously challenge Real Madrid's status as football's No.1 circus act......"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :icon_lol:  :icon_lol:  :blush:  :icon_lol:  :blush:

6365[/snapback]

Well, I always backed Shepherd due to the fact he has backed his managers with hard cash in the past. And still do in that respect.

When he took over as chairman I thought "what a thick ****" we have here". Over the next few years I thought I had got it wrong, see above. Now I realise first impression was right.

Shouldn't really have defended Shepherd in the past, because he is thick. He has no common sense, no footballing brain, and no idea of how best to run a football club. He has appointed all his managers on a "rebound" basis ie Dalglish because we previously had a manager who was "tactically naive" [how stupid does that look now?], Gullit because the previous manager was boring, Robson - the only good appointment - but he left him too long in the job, and now Souness the bully because the club "needs to get rid of bad eggs".

Not a thought towards appointing a proper manager who was capable of looking at the long term of the club and with a track record of taking clubs that extra mile from being a good team and judging the correct areas to spend money and to man manage top footballers.

Now I am sure he knows we have the wrong guy but cannot make himself sack him. having sacked the previous 3 managers in August/September too.

Even the "dogs" thing, I turned a blind eye too, because it's only the team that matters to an extent, and lets face it, if we had won cups since then, not one of us would be bothered by it either.

Now though, you think about all of this, take it on board, and realise we are a joke [well him, and others at the club, but not the fans] and you can also understand why they see us as a joke.

He really has to shut his gob, and start using his head a little. Or go. And the scary thing is, there are a lot worse than him out there, it took us 30 years to get rid of the last lot before him and the Halls. And by Christ, they were a nightmare, far worse than Shepherd.

it took us 30 years to get rid of the last lot before him and the Halls. And by Christ, they were a nightmare, far worse than Shepherd.

It was even longer and you are right - they were even worse

I shudder when the picture of William McKeag , Westwood and co coem to mind............

There's nothing becoming about it, we are a laughing stock. :lol:

6698[/snapback]

I can remember when I first started work near lahndahn years ago how people would mock Hammers fans for their delusions

I can hear the same sound now aimed at us................ :lol::lol::lol::icon_lol: