Gerrard vs. Lampard

Makom

I liked Gerrard's loyalty that wasn't in anyway because he was threatened by scallies.

He could have managed games at Chelsea with just the one knee cap man, he stayed because it's liverpooooool and because he loves having his house broken into, Sterling has a lot to learn about that sort of loyalty.

He could have managed games at Chelsea with just the one knee cap man, he stayed because it's liverpooooool and because he loves having his house broken into, Sterling has a lot to learn about that sort of loyalty.

He's been warning Sterling about the dangers of moving away.

A man who could have played for Chelsea, Real Madrid and/or Inter but stayed put and won a fraction of the things he would've if he'd moved.

You could say the same about shearer not joining Man U. Love for his hometown club is one of Gerard's few admirable features

Aye, but I can't remember any rumours of Shearer being threatened if he moved?

• 7 years later...
On 18/09/2022 at 07:26, Holden McGroin said:

Bit harsh to compare the two. Gerrard never played in for a top, top team league team. I think he challenged the league title once (?) under Rodgers when we was at the latter end of his career.

I'm not sure it is harsh. Gerrard played more than double the amount of league games to get the same number assists. 

In that time (1998-2015), Liverpool finished between 2nd (three times) and 8th (once). Average position was 4th. They scored 1074 goals, averaging 63 goals a season. Including 1 season where they scored 101.

He played behind Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen, Luis Suarez, Fernando Torres and Andy fucking Carroll. 

Yes, De Bruyne has played at one of the best club sides, but I'm not sure that accounts for him getting the same amount of assists as a Premier League Legend (tm) in half the number of games.

• Like 2