Going out next week and will be needing a taxi home late on a Fri night but don't want to have to specify a time and pre-book. Haven't used Uber before but looks like it might be the best way from what a lot of you have said. Safe enough for a woman on her own at the witching hour?

There's not that many Uber drivers in Newcastle yet and late Friday I would have guessed they'll be run ragged. Blue line is your best bet.

The service pisses all over any other firm I've used, the old taxi system is pre-historic and is on it's way out. It is getting left behind, as are it's bitter, obtuse drivers.

:lol:

I'd love you to tell me what Uber do that Blueline or my firm can't do?

Pay in advance. Check

Use an app. Check

Arrive when we say we will. Check

Charge customers more when it's busy. Ah shit no.

Let's face it, you just want to save a few pennies. Just be honest :lol:

Pay in advance. Check

Use an app. Check

Drowning, not waving :lol:

Don't want to hear none of you lot whinging about the low paid or poor sports direct staff etc etc any more.

Typical bleeding heart lefties that talk a good game but are happy to squeeze the working class to save a few pennies.

Do they get blob on a Sunday, CT?

Pay in advance. Check

Use an app. Check

Work in any city you travel to

Work in any country you travel to

Pay when you complete the trip

Pay automatically without ordering

Order food from top restaurants

Share fares with mates

Choose from to ride in a S-class Mercedes with free wifi and water or a shared ride in some sweaty little 3 door, in the spot before you ride.

Gain a reputation that makes every driver across the world treat you like royalty.

Not be driven about by a cunt.

As far as regular taxi firms having an app, mine very proudly proclaims that you can track your car coming to you when you book your car.

I've used it twice, the first time I got a "Sorry we couldn't find your booking" message, so had to ring them to find out what was going on.

The second time I found that my car was in Byker, ten minutes after he was supposed to have picked me up. I ring the office and am assured that that's wrong and he's already on the estate. Which was a lie. None of that shit with Uber.

Nope, still happy old days in the sticks. Uber ain't coming here in my working lifetime :)

*looks up average life expectancy of taxi drivers in the north east, and subtracts 50*

Yup, looks like you're right this time CT

We had a music-friendly Uber driver on Saturday night (well, early hours of Sunday morning). Eurovision choons blasting out all the way from central That London to smelly Lewisham. Good times. :boogie:

Though to be fair to CT, that's the one thing he probably would be amenable to in his cab, the geet big hom.