Used one for the first time last night after a gig ran late and I missed the last bus. In short the driver got lost adding extra time and distance to the journey then his sat nav sent him on a ridiculously long way to my place. I was immediately billed more than the highest end of the estimate by at good 6 quid. But the app gives you a chance to ask Uber staff to review the journey if you feel it was inefficient. It was after midnight when I got home and I dropped them a message and by 3.30am they'd reviewed the route, corrected the fare and refunded the difference.

Was chatting with another driver yesterday who used to work on black cabs in Newcastle. He reckons the clientele with Uber is much improved, but more importantly it's completely done away with people robbing him and people running away from fares. They can get out and run and he just swipes end trip, charges them, then gives them a 1 star review so other drivers know to refuse them in future.

CT absolutely shitting his pants. If you've got a promo code, @@The Mighty Hog, pm me it and I'll apply it which will get you a tenner.

BUT PEAK TIMES!!!!

Btw! I got hit by surge pricing yesterday, told it to notify me when they had returned to normal. 5 minutes later I got a phone notification saying exactly that.

CT is shitting himself.

Was chatting with another driver yesterday who used to work on black cabs in Newcastle. He reckons the clientele with Uber is much improved, but more importantly it's completely done away with people robbing him and people running away from fares. They can get out and run and he just swipes end trip, charges them, then gives them a 1 star review so other drivers know to refuse them in future.

CT absolutely shitting his pants. If you've got a promo code, @@The Mighty Hog, pm me it and I'll apply it which will get you a tenner.

Done and done, Chief.

So far this morning, 2 airports, 1 Newcastle and 1 Sunderland and nice tips.

No little rich boys waiting for a cheap deal.

I'll leave the Uber lot to the city boys and stick with proper jobs in the leafy suburbs thank you very much :)

So far this morning, 2 airports, 1 Newcastle and 1 Sunderland and nice tips.

I'll leave the Uber lot to the city boys and stick with proper jobs in the leafy suburbs thank you very much :)

Hear that Uber car behind you, Mr Rosenhal? That is the sound of inevitability.

:)

Seething. Visions of his retirement years filled with a new hobby every fortnight disappearing before his eyes.

If it becomes an issue he'll just join up won't he?

Lot of investigations and studies being done on Uber. CT might get the last laugh.

He'll convince himself he has, no matter the outcome.

If it becomes an issue he'll just join up won't he?

Lot of investigations and studies being done on Uber. CT might get the last laugh.

Of course I would but it's light years, if ever before it makes it to the sticks.

The probable outcome is other firms will just offer a similar payment system. ( some do already).

Even then, the majority of my customers are old dears on supermarket trips, hospital runs or off to the docs. The last thing they want to do is get an app and pay by card. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Cab drivers. More hated than greedy, glorified money laundering, shapeshifting demonic lizardman being, multi-national corporations.

Sounds about right. Long live ubercorp.

Edited by toonotl

Cab drivers. More hated than greedy, glorified money laundering, shapeshifting demonic lizardman being, multi-national corporations.

Sounds about right. Long live ubercorp.

Owned by the likes of Goldman Sachs and Google. You can take the working class to the river but you can't make the fuckers take a wash. ;)

• 2 weeks later...