Taxi drivers vs. Uber drivers is so 2015.

Let's just fast forward and debate whether you'd get into a driverless taxi or take your chances with a human driver?

The amount of very near misses I have every week due to all sorts of situations :lol:

And when the sat nav shifts, as it often can in bad weather, oh dear.

The first driverless taxi companies are gonna have huge problems with drunk people pissing and shitting in the cars.

I used to work night shift at a petrol station where cabbies would do their end of shift change over at 3am. One night close to 3am a cabbie turned up with two drunk girls in back who'd taken a piss in his cab. All the cabbies stood guard to stop the bitches from running whilst they waited for the cops. Pretty funny night, all in all.

So yeah. Probably a legitimate concern given how many utter mongs there are in this world.

Sounds like another revenue stream to me - since you'll never be able to skip a fare in a driverless cab, they'll always know whose piss/vomit it is, so they'll send them a hefty bill in the post, and hand it off to the collection agency if they don't pay. The soiled cab simply drives back to the depot and gets washed (presumably using an automatic system). Be back on the road in half an hour, with the cleaning bill easily covering the cost of it being off the road.

How does the soiled car know that it has piss or shit in it? At the very least the next person that orders it opens the door to a steaming turd or a sloshing puddle of piss. Or perhaps both.

So it gets reported to the depot then, but you've also lost two customers, one who shit in your cab who you'll blacklist (and you aren't bothered about losing) and your amateur crime scene investigator who has sworn off disgusting shit filled driverless cabs for life.

How does the soiled car know that it has piss or shit in it? At the very least the next person that orders it opens the door to a steaming turd or a sloshing puddle of piss. Or perhaps both.

So it gets reported to the depot then, but you've also lost two customers, one who shit in your cab who you'll blacklist (and you aren't bothered about losing) and your amateur crime scene investigator who has sworn off disgusting shit filled driverless cabs for life.

A driver-less taxi filled with human excrement and urine or a taxi driver's patter?

unsure.gif?w=584

Maybe theyll have self cleaning cabs that hose out the mess after the fare. Or even better during the fare, the dirty bastards. This is the future after all where they can do anything with robots and shit.

This thankfully is only second hand, but when someone's been out for night, had a curry and got pissed, then hurls.....

It's everywhere. Every crack and crevice. Seat belt buckles, down inside the window space, the lot. No self cleaning car is sorting that unless it's an absolute hard plastic, straight edged box with drainage.

Ensure the passenger area is completely shrink-wrapped inluding the floors with a disposal/replacement mechanism - a robot with a souse knife and plastic relaying mechanism comes to mind.

End of Journey Webcam/Photo - post-exit, photo is taken of internal seating areas and relayed to manned observation post and central office. Visual check carried out on photo and car approved for further collections.

If visual check flags potential issues, car is recalled and observed manually. Timestamped photos are taken as evidence and the car is cleaned down. Previous customer is billed for clean up. Car re-released into circulation following clean up.

Or, y'know, sensors?

I considered that, but figured that they'd be more costly in the long run. You'd need them pretty much all over the place to cover the possible eventualities for a car soiling episode, they'd need regular replacing, would play up and require maintenance more often than a protected camera in a box would, etc. They could also be vandalised, whereas the camera could be more easily protected.

I put an extraordinary amount of thought into something this trivial. Let me have my moment :lol:

You'd need a single gas sensor in the roof (or two, for redundancy), to detect the acidic airborne compounds that would quickly fill the inside of a cab soon after it's been puked in or pissed on. It would cost nowt, never need maintenance/calibration (since the difference between puke air and clean air isn't exactly small, chemically), and vandals probably even spot it, let alone know what it was for.

You'd need a single gas sensor in the roof (or two, for redundancy), to detect the acidic airborne compounds that would quickly fill the inside of a cab soon after it's been puked in or pissed on. It would cost nowt, never need maintenance/calibration (since the difference between puke air and clean air isn't exactly small, chemically), and vandals probably even spot it, let alone know what it was for.

:lol:

You know what, I've re-read the posts here, and you win. Acid detecting sensors to capture all manner of human excrement are certainly more practical than a camera. Not sure they exist like, but they would make sense.

'Course they might also go off if someone brought an orange juice into the car, or their deodorant smelled too strongly...

You could recruit a crew of self employed, middle-aged blokes to sit in a sealed forward cabin and press an alert if anyone spewed/pooed.

I'm sure there'd be loads knocking about once driverless tech hits the taxi market.

Shit Wardens, Cackwatchers, whatever.

:whistle:

You could recruit a crew of self employed, middle-aged blokes to sit in a sealed forward cabin and press an alert if anyone spewed/pooed.

I'm sure there'd be loads knocking about once driverless tech hits the taxi market.

Shit Wardens, Cackwatchers, whatever.

:whistle:

Piddle Detectors.

Will the censors pick up a follow through? Seems a bit harsh to be given a fine on top of only slightly shitting yourself and not causing a mess. Far more common than you think.

:lol:

High risk, high reward.