JawD

:lol: Honestly what a thick fucking cunt of a bloke, he can fulfill his life time dream of being a proper gangster now. What a total ball bag. Has he still got his long hair? It'll be a good look when someone inevitably makes him their bitch inside. 

• Like 1

Strange as hell to be messing around with this stuff when he had a decent contract at Newcastle with excellent money and messed it all up with his antics, only to sort himself out to get back to putting his name back on the radar with a smaller club giving him the chance to do that...and then this.

To be honest, I was surprised Newcastle gave him a second chance after the way he was going on inside and outside of the club. It probably shows how badly we were run on a professional basis at that time.

Anyway, he's not our problem anymore.

If he'd applied his talent he could have easily been a premier league player & he'd have comfortably been a millionaire by the time it came to retire.

Who knows really but I imagine he's a better footballer than he is a "gangster".

Credit card fraud is Jez from Peep show level crime :lol:

The other lads on the podcast think I'm overly harsh on the lad, but he's totally wasted something I'd honestly have done some pretty fucked up shit to be blessed with.

Bit of pace, bit of strength, decent finish, decent touch. He could have played professional football, if not in the top flight then certainly at Championship level. Earn, what, £15k a week? Plus all the bonuses that come with contracts, all the sponsors, all the freebies, all the glory, retire on a nest egg at 34, go into management or punditry, or just live off the money your property portfolio provides.

And what's the dickhead done? Got himself banged up for trying to defraud someone out of a couple of grand.

35 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The other lads on the podcast think I'm overly harsh on the lad, but he's totally wasted something I'd honestly have done some pretty fucked up shit to be blessed with.

Bit of pace, bit of strength, decent finish, decent touch. He could have played professional football, if not in the top flight then certainly at Championship level. Earn, what, £15k a week? Plus all the bonuses that come with contracts, all the sponsors, all the freebies, all the glory, retire on a nest egg at 34, go into management or punditry, or just live off the money your property portfolio provides.

And what's the dickhead done? Got himself banged up for trying to defraud someone out of a couple of grand.

It's probably been said a few times in this thread but in our previous championship season him and Carroll were both getting time in the first team and I thought Ranger looked the better of the two.

And people say that Carroll never reached the heights he could have...

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

It's probably been said a few times in this thread but in our previous championship season him and Carroll were both getting time in the first team and I thought Ranger looked the better of the two.

Are you on fucking crack? :lol:

50 minutes ago, Alex said:

Are you on fucking crack? :lol:

Nope, Ranger was quicker and had a much better first touch than Carroll in their early games. Carroll didn't really start scoring until February of that season after which he never looked back, up to that point Carroll had 4 and Ranger 2.

Have a look back yourself.

Ranger played well about once and couldn't finish his dinner. Carroll looked raw early on admittedly. Anyway, your argument to back it up is nonsensical seeing as even in the part of the season you quote, Carroll had a better return and from then on in he scored a load and played a lot more. Over the season as a whole, which you referred to, I am win

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Ranger played well about once and couldn't finish his dinner. Carroll looked raw early on admittedly. Anyway, your argument to back it up is nonsensical seeing as even in the part of the season you quote, Carroll had a better return and from then on in he scored a load and played a lot more. Over the season as a whole, which you referred to, I am win

Alex.

Fuck off.

5 hours ago, The Fish said:

Is he having that talent any different from you having a level head and not behaving like a complete fucking knacker (at least relatively)?

I seem to be on my own here but I feel bad for the lad.  Must have had a pretty shocking upbringing.

3 minutes ago, adios said:

Is he having that talent any different from you having a level head and not behaving like a complete fucking knacker (at least relatively)?

I seem to be on my own here but I feel bad for the lad.  Must have had a pretty shocking upbringing.

Yeah it's different, the kid won the fucking lottery and has pissed it away because he's thick as shit. There's plenty examples of other professional footballers who've come from rough backgrounds who've gone on to have great careers. There's plenty who've made a stupid mistake early in their career and pulled themselves back. There's some who've made a couple of mistakes and eventually pulled themselves together. 

Ranger has had chance after chance and fucked himself over time and again. Get no sympathy from me, I don't care if he grew up in a Gulag or Rotherham.

He'd probably think you won the lottery if he wasn't "thick as shit".

His genetics and environment led him to where he is; ours led us to where we are.

3 minutes ago, adios said:

His genetics and environment led him to where he is; ours led us to where we are.

Sorry like, but he wouldn't. His environment may have limited his appreciation, but he's been playing the game for at least 8 years as a professional. In that time he's beaten up his lass, he's broken and entered, he's committed bank fraud and I'm sure he's done more. Every time someone tries to blame his background or whatever I can't understand it. 

Troy Deeney went to jail and he's turned it round. Carroll was apparently a right little toerag when he was a kid, now he's not. Defoe was an arsehole growing up, wasn't he? 

These lads haven't come from Eton or anything. There's plenty of examples of footballer who've used the opportunities the game provides to turn their life around, Ranger is just a cunt.

14 minutes ago, adios said:

A compassionate point which has at the very least given me pause. Fish makes a solid follow up point as well though. At what point does the individual become responsible for his own life?

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

A compassionate point which has at the very least given me pause. Fish makes a solid follow up point as well though. At what point does the individual become responsible for his own life?

From my perspective?  Never.  But what matters is how we frame things to most benefit people's mindsets.

We're all on rails and the only thing controlling the switches is probability.  The apparatus for decision making and the data it draws on are cast in stone before we have any idea what's going on.

Maybe I should take this to the wolfy thread. :lol: 

Just now, adios said:

From my perspective?  Never.  But what matters is how we frame things to most benefit people's mindsets.

We're all on rails and the only thing controlling the switches is probability.  The apparatus for decision making and the data it draws on are cast in stone before we have any idea what's going on.

Maybe I should take this to the wolfy thread. :lol: 

I have concluded this also. You can extrapolate that point to cover 'everything' though, which in effect means there is no free will whatsoever, and that, arguably, everything is predetermined.

Nice bit of philosophy ;)

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I have concluded this also. You can extrapolate that point to cover 'everything' though, which in effect means there is no free will whatsoever, and that, arguably, everything is predetermined.

Nice bit of philosophy ;)

I'm sure Ranger would appreciate the diversion. :lol:

I am most definitely of the opinion that free-will is an illusion.  It might be the only thing I've firmly believed for a long time because I've never found a decent counter-argument.  I think both sides of the current neuroscience debate are focusing on the wrong thing.

I don't believe in a deterministic Universe because the Universe makes infinite "decisions" every second.

Edited by adios