Mike Ashley: I'm not selling until we win something (or finish top 4)

Makom

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye clear as day they're completely rattled. They can get to fuck until he actually does the stuff he says, even then as we all said in another thread he can still fuck off as there's too much shite under the bridge now.

He doesn't mean any of it, even this trophy/top 4 shite. It's clearly only aimed at all the gullible fucks who might have been sitting on the fence regarding supporting a proper boycott next season (i.e. not buying another ticket until he's gone).

Unless you're mentally retarded, it should be obvious by now Ashley will only sell under two conditions:

1. the club is heamoraging money in the lower leagues and is no longer worth bothering with

2. once he's extracted every last penny of profit from the PL TV contract, and finally got bored

Is there a video or transcript anywhere?

I've recorded it. Do you want me to transcribe, or is the summary below sufficient?

1. he took full responsibility for the shocking situation we're in

2. he will continue the policy of "investing in the club"

3. he cannot guarantee results, only investment

4. more financial stability crap (we can now "punch above our weight")

5. being financially sound isn't good enough (we're going to "bolt the horse onto the cart")

6. the ambitions is now to win something, or get top 4

7. he's not selling until that happens

8. it's not for sale at "any price"

9. from this day forward, NUFC will be "making its own luck"

10. he's not responsible for picking managers

11. his job is maximising the financial resources available

12. Gemmill is his lovechild, he's hurt and upset that he won't return his calls

"most Geordie fans will be buoyed by that interview" - today's match commentator

Cut to Fat Mike in the stands: "My work here is done. Oddjob, fire up the chopper!"

Probably shouldn't post where I found it, but I thought this was quite funny

the bloke has not thought his plan through. As soon as he bolts this horse to the front of this cart that he is on about, someone is going to try and spark it out.

I thought its momentousness deserved separating from the general thread. It was after all his first TV interview. But what do I know, I'm just a mackem, I wouldn't know anything about how to best direct NUFC fans to information they might want to read/discuss.

Thank god you're here.

Nobody else was aware of this interview, and without you, that would have remained the case.

Well, considering I posted the topic as soon as he'd said it, technically that is correct, at least for all the posters who were not watching Sky at that very second. But your ridiculous interpretation is of course not remotely reflective of what I actually said.

Taken literally, this could of course mean we could be seeing Ashley putting the club up for sale as early as March 2016, when we win the Capital One Cup.

Here's hoping......

I don't get it because after winning something, what incentive would he have to sell us? Basically I took this interview as him trolling the fans saying he's going to be here forever because we're never going to win anything.

Can't argue with that assessment. He was either trolling, or rose to Keegan's bait, or was shitting his pants about relegation, or was deluded enough to think that having been silent after all this time that speaking up now would work in his favour with the fans/media (and if it was meant for the fans, why wait until 10 mins before the game, when none of them will have heard it?). Whatever the motive, I suspect he began regretting having opened his mouth as soon as we were safe, because while he might be able to ignore the fans, the media at least now have a very big stick to beat him with should it turn out that things don't change very much going forward.