McClaren, Laudrup, Carvs, The tea lady?

Howay

Laudrup getting linked now:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/11628133/West-Ham-and-Newcastle-could-offer-Michael-Laudrup-route-back-into-the-Premier-League.html

Obviously McClaren is surely favorite now after getting the sack.

Laudrup plays a canny brand of football but I doubt he'd get on well with Ashley.

Carvs wants it but I can't imagine anyone wants him to have it.

Clement's a bit of a wild card but he's undoubtedly a talented coach.

I'd like to see Clement tbh as he's an unknown quantity in the top job so it would be an interesting appointment, I wouldn't have any grumbles with McClaren as he's a step up from Pardew for me, Carver can fuck right off and I just can't see Laudrup getting along with Ashley.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of those 4 I'd want McClaren first, then Clement.

I've heard a lot of bad stuff about Laudrup, not sure how much is true but I think its a nonstarter anyway

trouble with McLaren is we would have to listen to his fake Geordie accent when he does his interviews. I would like Clement or Laudrup. What bad stuff did you hear Andrew?

trouble with McLaren is we would have to listen to his fake Geordie accent when he does his interviews. I would like Clement or Laudrup. What bad stuff did you hear Andrew?

:lol: Better than hearing Pardews normal voice mind.

I'm just glad Allardyce has already been here or I'd fear he would be in the running.

What bad stuff did you hear Andrew?

Truth be told I don't really remember, it was a bunch of stuff about his behaviour around the time he was sacked by swansea.

Truth be told I don't really remember, it was a bunch of stuff about his behaviour around the time he was sacked by swansea.

He got bored with it all and it started to show.

Mcclaren is the obvious choice. The club should get the fuck in with it instead of fannying around being indecisive. The new man needs to have as long as possible to settle in, theres a huge job to be done.

Not sure I could feel good about a coach or manager who stands on the touch-line with a brolly.

I mean...c'mon....a cap, a trilby, a beret, a hoodie, a sou'wester.......but a brolly.

Laudrup will end up throwing his toys out the pram. He always does. He's stubborn and doesn't play nice. His agent is notorious for stirring up shit.

Laudrup fell out with the leadership in Brøndby, Getafe and Mallorca. Him and Ashley just won't mix, and Laudrup will walk at the sight of bother. He just doesn't care. Good manager, no doubt, and have an eye for good players, and also seem to have a very strong scouting network. The things said about Laudrup after the Swansea thing, sounds a bit like the the club desperatly trying to justify firing a man, that didn't want to extend his contract.

Also - Laudrup is nailed on to be manager for Denmark next year. I could very well see that happen.

Laudrup will end up throwing his toys out the pram. He always does. He's stubborn and doesn't play nice. His agent is notorious for stirring up shit.

Laudrup fell out with the leadership in Brøndby, Getafe and Mallorca. Him and Ashley just won't mix, and Laudrup will walk at the sight of bother. He just doesn't care. Good manager, no doubt, and have an eye for good players, and also seem to have a very strong scouting network. The things said about Laudrup after the Swansea thing, sounds a bit like the the club desperatly trying to justify firing a man, that didn't want to extend his contract.

Also - Laudrup is nailed on to be manager for Denmark next year. I could very well see that happen.

I heard some pretty depressing things about his behaviour too. Not training if it was raining, delegating a lot of the training sessions to other staff and basically phoning it in.

I heard some pretty depressing things about his behaviour too. Not training if it was raining, delegating a lot of the training sessions to other staff and basically phoning it in.

Not sure how much there is in that, but from his time at Brøndby and Getafe, at least, he was very enganged in the traning. From what I can understand, he got fired from Swansea, since he weren't willing to commit to the club. That spurred on a lot of shit talk from the club and Laudrups batshit crazy agent. There was a lot of back and forth for a periode there, and Laudrup held a bizarre press conference after his dismissal.

But he is moody and strongheaded, and I can only see trouble, if he was ever to set foot in Newcastle. I'm questioning his ambition also. He seems to be very content, and only looking for a payday at this point.

Might have been horseshit, but the mate who told me is an ex-pro and has no reason to make that kind of thing up. The guy who told him may have been disgruntled, but... I dunno... seems in line with other reports?