McClaren, Laudrup, Carvs, The tea lady?

Howay

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't people come on a forum, instantly realise it's pretty cliquey, that we've already established friendships, and fuck off?

There is definitely an element of this on here... I think it took about 9 months before anyone said anything to me directly outside of the intro thread :lol:

There is definitely an element of this on here... I think it took about 9 months before anyone said anything to me directly outside of the intro thread :lol:

You still here?

> ;)<

It sure isn't since hes going to Real Madrid.

why apart from McClaren btw? I'd rather him than Laudrup who couldn't be arsed or Di Matteo whose big claim to fame is that he was there when Chelseas team won the Champions League for themselves after drumming out AVB

Aye I prefer McClaren over Di Matteo for sure, ignore the England stuff as International football is a very different type of management and McClaren has a canny record. I also think Laudrup has very little chance of happening and if it does a walk out putting Carver back in charge would be very likely, meaning fuck that.

why apart from McClaren btw? I'd rather him than Laudrup who couldn't be arsed or Di Matteo whose big claim to fame is that he was there when Chelseas team won the Champions League for themselves after drumming out AVB

McClaren's recent work (Wolfsburg, Twente part II, Derby) has been rather poor too tbh

McClaren's recent work (Wolfsburg, Twente part II, Derby) has been rather poor too tbh

But hes at least done something decent that was actually his work in his managerial career.

Aye I prefer McClaren over Di Matteo for sure, ignore the England stuff as International football is a very different type of management and McClaren has a canny record. I also think Laudrup has very little chance of happening and if it does a walk out putting Carver back in charge would be very likely, meaning fuck that.

His time at Boro wasn't great league-wise. One top ten finish in five seasons despite spending quite a bit of money.

His time at Boro wasn't great league-wise. One top ten finish in five seasons despite spending quite a bit of money.

Aye I suppose, did win a trophy, albeit against poor opposition but he got there I suppose. I don't think he's amazing by any stretch just better than Pardew.

The inevitable reinstatement as interim when Ashley sends whatever foreign manager is brought in packing.

Carver is staying in whatever capacity because he has a long contract, as has been said by others on here many times before.

Aye I suppose, did win a trophy, albeit against poor opposition but he got there I suppose. I don't think he's amazing by any stretch just better than Pardew.

On PL record alone, McClaren makes Pardew look like a rank amateur, never mind the tin pot cup. But he still probably wouldn't be able to deal with the Ashley regime any better, or replicate what he did for Boro with us. His success at Boro cannot be divorced from the fact that it was in huge part down to factors entirely outwith his competence, and that it was for Boro. And even there, he got plenty of criticism for those things that were in his control. Although I fear if you put McClaren's Boro record in front of Charnley he's going to think he looks shit hot considering how bad we've been for many years, and how desperate McClaren will be for another chance in the PL. That's the consequence of having a football board that knows nothing about football.

Carver is staying in whatever capacity because he has a long contract, as has been said by others on here many times before.

Signed a 5 1/2 yr. contract in Jan 2011.

Given the shit wages, I doubt it'd be too much to pay him off now.

Yeah, none of those get me particularly moist around the crotch. All a huge improvement on Carver and probably an improvement on Pardew, but no where near my (not unreasonable) hopes.

Signed a 5 1/2 yr. contract in Jan 2011.

Given the shit wages, I doubt it'd be too much to pay him off now.

I smell a Kickstarter campaign.

Where's this idea that keeps popping up that the shortlist is the same one as in January (Carver, Gard and McLaren) coming from? Is this just lazy journos, or does it have a (plausibly reliable) source?

true, doesn't cut the mustard. he's steady and can get teams performing for a season (perhaps), but is not savvy enough.

I understand that Fenwick's have placed an order to increase their Umbrella stock. Do they have inside information on what's in store. :glare:

You've got a real thing going with the umbrella there Noelie.

Whats so bad about them?

If the new coach told Charnley that getting shot of the coaching staff was a deal breaker then they would all leave and he would bring in his own people, contracts or not. After 5 minutes of fame how receptive do you believe Carver would be to being a No. 2 again and the new coach would know that he was a poisoned chalice.